Merged: Ricky in India/Ricky Missed Test | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ricky in India/Ricky Missed Test

CaptainK

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Local Miami news stations are reporting that Ricky is currently in India. Additionally, at least one station is saying Ricky may have simply failed to show up to take one of the tests which would result in a "failed" drug test.

CaptainK said:
Local Miami news stations are reporting that Ricky is currently in India. Additionally, at least one station is saying Ricky may have simply fail to show up to take one of the tests which would result in a "failed" drug test.
Him not showing up would be the best possible news for him and the Dolphins. He may be able to win his appeal if that is why he failed.

Which brings up the point, was Ricky aware of his drug test?

CaptainK said:
Local Miami news stations are reporting that Ricky is currently in India. Additionally, at least one station is saying Ricky may have simply fail to show up to take one of the tests which would result in a "failed" drug test.

i knew this could turn out to be some oddball thing. my spiders senses are still tingling...I do remember some source stating that he was in india last week also now that you mention it.

I think this is the best case scenero for us. I dont see how the league could suspend him for a year if he was in india and just missed a test. What is a player suposed to do, spend all offseason within pissing distance of the testing center?

305 LoCaL VoCaL said:
mark my words I promise u the violation is not due to marijuana...weed is not addictive :wink:

it is when you smoke it with Lenny Kravitz

305 LoCaL VoCaL said:
mark my words I promise u the violation is not due to marijuana...weed is not addictive :wink:
Most reports say that it wasn't marijuana. Hopefully he just forgot to show up. Ricky may yet play in 2006(probably not for us though).

either way I'm hoping that if he beats this that we trade him anyway.....I just don't want us having to depend on him anymore.

Ozzy rules!!

CaptainK said:
Local Miami news stations are reporting that Ricky is currently in India. Additionally, at least one station is saying Ricky may have simply failed to show up to take one of the tests which would result in a "failed" drug test.

espn news aint splashing the story.. maybe becuz they know there is no good source

Danny said:
either way I'm hoping that if he beats this that we trade him anyway.....I just don't want us having to depend on him anymore.

Ozzy rules!!

ricky deserves a life in the offseason. you can't blame him for failing a test when he's not even in the country to take it.

HelloMotto said:
ricky deserves a life in the offseason. you can't blame him for failing a test when he's not even in the country to take it.
And if this turns out to be true that is exactly what a very good lawyer will argue at a protest hearing. I just dont know what the precident is for a situation like that. Hasnt this happend to other players in the past? Whatever was decided would give us a good read on what to expect.

Back
Top Bottom