Merged: Ronnie Brown/Can He Carry the Load? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ronnie Brown/Can He Carry the Load?

Bigjbizzle2

The Legend
Reaction score
Mark my words if Ronnie Brown gets 340 touches next year, he will have over 1700 total yards and 10 td's
2005 Total Touches = 239
2005 Total Yds = 1139
2005 Per Touch = 4.77
2005 Total Tds = 5

Now what i project him at would put him at 5 yds a touch. What do you guys think.

*Note* This only happens if Ricky is gone.

dominizzo said:
Woow IF ronnnie would have carried for 350 id say he would of got

1600 yards 9 tds

yea its simple. jsut add lets say even HALF of RW carries and yards and thats already 1300 yds almost.

I would say that he can easily reach 1600 total yds and 12 TDs. That is if Malurky uses his great receiver ability.

Yeah Ronnie will be among the top backs in the league. THat video posted on here was proof this guy can manuever, hit holes, catch and make defense pull their hair out trying to bring him down. as much as i'll always like ricky i would like to see ronnie get full time back status. those numbers you poster are in a close vancinity to what he would accomplish

Bigjbizzle2 said:
Mark my words if Ronnie Brown gets 340 touches next year, he will have over 1700 total yards and 10 td's
2005 Total Touches = 239
2005 Total Yds = 1139
2005 Per Touch = 4.77
2005 Total Tds = 5

Now what i project him at would put him at 5 yds a touch. What do you guys think.

You must also remember that more carries = more hits he takes and more wear on his legs. which could mean that he would be more sluggish at the end of the year. which would drop is YPC avg. so more carries doesn't gaurentee more yards.

Bigjbizzle2 said:
2005 Total Touches = 239
2005 Total Yds = 1139
2005 Per Touch = 4.77
2005 Total Tds = 5

Not that simple to gain that kind of yardage ,if it was it would happen much more often. Brown may do that kind of damge but too early to tell. He has never carried that kind of load yet and even in limited use he was banged up. Lets just see what happens before we annoint him as easily breaking 1500 yards.

He's strong enough to take the lead back role. I think he will be better by the end of the year with the experience of the lead role.

Bigjbizzle2 said:
2005 Total Touches = 239
2005 Total Yds = 1139
2005 Per Touch = 4.77
2005 Total Tds = 5

Is he capable, absolutely. He struggled early getting used to the playcalling and speed of the game. He was a little tentative trying to pick out holes when he got the ball. He was either coached up or figured out what was going on a little better and started to hit the holes where he was supposed to be or making his own. His strength is making one move and then going, whereas Ricky is more adept at the cutback and that second move. Ronnie is definitely more of a power runner than Ricky and the first guy that hits him usually takes a ride before he goes down. However, I do believe that Saban utilized him more sparingly in December than he did in September for two reasons...one was that RW was back and the other is that Saban wanted to pace Brown so that he didn't hit the rookie wall. This strategy worked out well. If we would have gone into the playoffs, RB would have been big, despite RW also being hot at the end of the season...

It's going to be interesting how they are utilized again this year if RW is not traded....One thing that we didn't see from Brown as much (because of the hamstring in late Sept) was his pure speed once in the open. The OL also struggled with run blocking on and off during the season. A lot of Ricky's late season yardage was despite the OL run blocking...

KingCrowder said:
You must also remember that more carries = more hits he takes and more wear on his legs. which could mean that he would be more sluggish at the end of the year. which would drop is YPC avg. so more carries doesn't gaurentee more yards.

yeah, i would think that a balance would be preferrable. i think, ideally, 20 carries a game at 4.5 yards a carry would get him to to 1440, which would be sweet. that would allow enough room for ricky to be a change-up guy and still keep ronnie somewhat fresh.

Bigjbizzle2 said:
2005 Total Touches = 239
2005 Total Yds = 1139
2005 Per Touch = 4.77
2005 Total Tds = 5

IF he had some vision and some "pop" into the hole we would be the primary back. He does not have those, so he will be what he is a capable RB in a 2 back system

RLMIAMI said:
IF he had some vision and some "pop" into the hole we would be the primary back. He does not have those, so he will be what he is a capable RB in a 2 back system

rrrrrriiiiiigggghhhhhtttttt..... :rolleyes2

RLMIAMI said:

...WHAT...?

The two back system worked great for him last year. He was able to learn what the NFL game is all about, plus not take all the hits. He just added an extra year to his career, as long as he keeps learning. Ronnie is good enough to be a #1 back now.

Back
Top Bottom