Merged: Ronnie Brown/Can He Carry the Load? | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ronnie Brown/Can He Carry the Load?

KingCrowder said:
You must also remember that more carries = more hits he takes and more wear on his legs. which could mean that he would be more sluggish at the end of the year. which would drop is YPC avg. so more carries doesn't gaurentee more yards.

That argument can be made for every back. The other side of the argument is that it will increase as he gets into a rhythm and the game wears on.
RB was NEVER given an opportunity to get into the rhythm of a game last year. He'd carry 1-2 times then get pulled out. I never got to see him finish off a drive.

i am really looking forward to see how ronnie can be as the #1 rb with out the other guy:evil: .. I think he will be just fine!!!

He will be more ready for a full 16 games after learning what the NFL is all about his rookie year. Plus he won't be coming in after missing all of camp and most of preseason this time. He will be be improved this year no doubt.

Ronnie will be ready to go. Some people are all saying "ooh ricky gets stronger as the game goes on" well, Ronnie would too if he could get enough carries. Ask any RB, they want more totes to get a rythm. Also Ronnie DID carry the load at auburn 2 years ago when Caddy got injured(like always) and torched the SEC. This guy is a monster with a size/speed/skill combo that may be unmatched in the leauge. And for those that say "ooh he got injured" well he missed 2 games and said he would have played in the finale if it mattered. Ricky couldn't stay on the field his entire career in new orleans so eat that.

Edit: Not to mention he still amassed over 1,100 total yards while splitting carries.

Here are the stats on total touches including receptions.

Ronnie Brown 242 touches 1139 yds 4.7 avg 5 td's

Ricky Williams 185 touches 836 yds 4.5 avg 6 td's

Caddy Williams 310 touches 1259 yds 4.0 avg 6 td's

Being a complete back includes catching and blocking as well. For those who are not sure if Ronnie can carry the load of an entire season the #'s speak for themselves.

csabe said:

Being a complete back includes catching and blocking as well. For those who are not sure if Ronnie can carry the load of an entire season the #'s speak for themselves.

With the hope that the Culpepper to Chambers threat will help open up more holes, I can see those numbers increasing; let alone from the fact that Ronnie will get more touches.

I just hope he can hold up. I have no doubt of his skill, just his ability to stay on the field, granted that is based on a partial rookie season...

csabe said:

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom