Merged: Ronnie Brown/Can He Carry the Load? | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ronnie Brown/Can He Carry the Load?

#1Phins said:
I don't think he can carry the load :mad:

and i don't think that you have a clue what you're talking about(if you're implying that Ronnie can't carry the load)

I would love for Ronnie to have a huge year next year. Stay healthy and rush for at least 1500. That would work.

I just felt so much more secure with Ricky.

thought i would bring this back up for you guys to see how people feel now that ricky is a goner for sure

chris34au said:
and i don't think that you have a clue what you're talking about(if you're implying that Ronnie can't carry the load)

Nice personal attack there killer. I have the same doubt in the back of my mind...

Ronnie was hurt last season when splitting the carries. I hope he can stand up to a full season of punishment, but so far, he hasn't held up to half a season....

There are guys out there like an Anthony Thomas who would be a nice addition as a 3rd or 4th RB. He would be cheap, I cant see him asking for much more than the minimum.

What people are missing in the whole Ricky fiasco, is that next year Ricky will be what 30?? He will be a 4 time violator, and he will have played in about 12 games in 3 years. He will not have taken the pounding for a year but the pounding he took under Wannschmuck took years off the tires. I really think Ricky may just retire for good. He really didnt seem to be to upset about the situation when he was saying......(Im paraphrasing) "Eh, Whatever happens will happen."

poppy said:
I would love for Ronnie to have a huge year next year. Stay healthy and rush for at least 1500. That would work.

I just felt so much more secure with Ricky.

i like Ricky but i don't know why you'd feel so secure with a RB that will have missed 36 of his last 48 games by the end of next season(without one of those games missed due to injuries)

i think too many people are assuming that ronnie is going to get injured...if ronnie is healthy he will play like a stud im not worrying about injuries right now because that is a concern for every team

RLMIAMI said:
IF he had some vision and some "pop" into the hole we would be the primary back. He does not have those, so he will be what he is a capable RB in a 2 back system
MOD: Wrong. Anyone who attacks another member in this community is.

#1Phins said:
I don't think he can carry the load :mad:

I agree, the guy wasn't even the best back on his COLLEGE team. He's split carries all through college and now. Time will tell, but I don't think Ronnie can stay healthy. Anyone who watches SEC football knows Cadillac was the cream of the Auburn crop... Ronnie became what they call a workout warrior at the combine and I believe Cadillac made us eat our shorts for passing on him... While I think Ronnie is a more than average number 2 back, I am glad to see what he has to offer on his own now, because I want to see why we used a #2 pick on the guy, and as of now, he has yet to prove anything to me.

gottabebrees said:
Beat me to it:shakeno:
On planet earth my friend, remember that this team has worked at it's best under an offensive scheme that had 2 RBs. If we don't draft one on the first round we sure need to do it in the third, Sammy Morris isn't enough. Besides, stats prove that Daunte plays better with a good running atack.

even though ronnie hasnt carried the load on his own since high school i deff believe he will be able to because he is such a conditioning freak and because just the way his body is built he is meant to carry and pound the ball..i saw ronnie at a heat game and he is just huge...also nowing this much ahead of the season that he will be the full time back will also help him in his mind set

I think some of you guys are seriously, seriously underestimating Ronnie. There might be 10 players in the whole league as versitile, big, fast and strong as Ronnie Brown.

Okay... um... wow.... are you all seriously doubting Ronnie? Come on? We drafted him that high for a reason.

Back
Top Bottom