Merged: Ronnie Brown/Can He Carry the Load? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ronnie Brown/Can He Carry the Load?

steveincolorado said:
The two back system worked great for him last year. He was able to learn what the NFL game is all about, plus not take all the hits. He just added an extra year to his career, as long as he keeps learning. Ronnie is good enough to be a #1 back now.

The two back system was abandoned about midseason, just prior to us running off the wins at the end of the season... If you are referring to having both backs in at the same time, the 2 back system didn't work...
If you are referring to alternating primary backs..yes it worked with RW getting the bulk of the carries and Brown used in situations that benefited using him over RW...

While there is a learning curve and it's not over for him yet, he'll be a fine primary back for us. Right now, RW may be a little better strictly due to his experience..that's not a bad thing for Brown, that's just life...he'll be our primary back and in 5 years we'll forget all about RW...

LarryFinFan said:
The two back system was abandoned about midseason, just prior to us running off the wins at the end of the season... If you are referring to having both backs in at the same time, the 2 back system didn't work...
If you are referring to alternating primary backs..yes it worked with RW getting the bulk of the carries and Brown used in situations that benefited using him over RW...

While there is a learning curve and it's not over for him yet, he'll be a fine primary back for us. Right now, RW may be a little better strictly due to his experience..that's not a bad thing for Brown, that's just life...he'll be our primary back and in 5 years we'll forget all about RW...

I was referring to alternating the backs, and yes there is a learning curve, but once you stop learning, you're done.

Bigjbizzle2 said:
Mark my words if Ronnie Brown gets 340 touches next year, he will have over 1700 total yards and 10 td's

I'd love to see Ronnie try and carry that size of a load, but it's not happening. He's simply not capable, and would never last a full season at that pace...

But I'd love to see him prove me wrong...

PHINZ RULE!!!

If we add Bentley or Hutch, and maybe a draft pick, there's no reason why Ronnie shouldn't crack 1400. He's split carries his whole career, so his legs are as "fresh" as they come. Ronnie will be a pro bowler next year with the smallest bit of O-Line improvement.

I hope he's a probowler but I think he will be better in 2-3 years I find sometimes he needs to figure out the pace of the game.

BLITZKRIEG said:
I'd love to see Ronnie try and carry that size of a load, but it's not happening. He's simply not capable, and would never last a full season at that pace...

But I'd love to see him prove me wrong...

PHINZ RULE!!!

Why? What are you basing that on?

RLMIAMI said:
IF he had some vision and some "pop" into the hole we would be the primary back. He does not have those, so he will be what he is a capable RB in a 2 back system

:sidelol:

The only posts I have ever seen RLMIAMI make are ones hateing on RonnieB...

The guy has hated RonnieB since we drafted him... :shakeno:

RLMIAMI said:
IF he had some vision and some "pop" into the hole we would be the primary back. He does not have those, so he will be what he is a capable RB in a 2 back system

:sidelol:

Umm he WAS the primary back.

FinNasty said:
The only posts I have ever seen RLMIAMI make are ones hateing on RonnieB...

The guy has hated RonnieB since we drafted him... :shakeno:

Always standing at the Haterade cooler. What is there possibly not to like about the guy? Funny, remember early on in the season, some thought he was a BUST. He proved them wrong. I think he'll progress nicely. If not Pro Bowl next year, then possibly the year after that.:goof:

greatwade said:
Always standing at the Haterade cooler. What is there possibly not to like about the guy? Funny, remember early on in the season, some thought he was a BUST. He proved them wrong. I think he'll progress nicely. If not Pro Bowl next year, then possibly the year after that.:goof:

ya... the kid is a stud... and a great guy. RLMIAMI just loves to hate on him... You would think it is like a "Ray Finkle" situation the way RLMIAMI talks about RonnieB...

KingCrowder said:
You must also remember that more carries = more hits he takes and more wear on his legs. which could mean that he would be more sluggish at the end of the year. which would drop is YPC avg. so more carries doesn't gaurentee more yards.

Hes gotta stay healthy, then I think those numbers arnt too far off to think about. a little help on our O-line would help those too, maybe a FB that could block...

RLMIAMI said:

"pop" . I remeber a few pretty big runs against good teams like the panthers. and don't forget the "pop" he had on that 65 yd run over the chiefs!:dolphins:

RLMIAMI said:

SOMEONE didn't watch any Dolphins games last year!!!

Is Ronnie better than Ricky?

The answer is clearly....NO. Why would Ricky be traded? He helps us win now. Saban is all about value, there's no better value in the NFL than Ricky Williams. This post is different than others I've read, because I don't care about what ifs and such.

We are a better team with Ricky Williams than we will be with a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Not to mention, Denver will be competing for the AFC championship. Don't get too greedy. I've seen a ton of posts on here talking about how C-Pep was our 2nd round pick. I'm happy with him as our 2nd rounder in the 2006 draft.

Wake up people, Ricky will be a Dolphin in 2006.

Back
Top Bottom