Merged Ronnie Brown just ran 4.32 | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged Ronnie Brown just ran 4.32

Hostile7 said:
Oh man, this guy was the **** when he played good teams, and he wasn't targeted like Benson was. You don't want me to get the 2003 stats up when he played good defenses. I

What good defenses? :roflmao:

Benson played in the most over-rated conference in football and did his damage against pitiful teams. He and his offense (which put up big numbers against the rest of their conference and a weak Michigan team) were completely shut down by the one decent team they played - Oklahoma - who, it turns out, was also WAY over-rated.

You also have to factor in that Brown and Cadillac not only alternated - they were often given different roles in the offense. If Benson played the same teams Auburn played - he wouldn't have had the stats he did.

Nublar7 said:
I hope that Indy rumor is false. My Benson bandwagon is starting to shift to a Brown Bandwagon. :cooldude:

Trader!..lol....The 40 times are nice, but look at Michael Bennent. He has amazing speed and really hasnt done much with it. I would rather have Benson who can pound, and if/when he takes it outside, can break it. 40 times are overrated. How often do you get to use it when your a rb? Theres usually a guy on you in 5 sec or less! Calm down guys. The best is yet to come. Benson prob. wont beat that time, but a 4.4-4.5 aint bad either.

What this does is increases the value of the #2 pick. Good news for Phins fans.

Ya but since when could Bennet catch coming out of college AND Ronnie Brown weighs a whole hell of a lot more. If this guy can hit the hole a bit more like Cadillac, Ronnie Brown will become not only a great back in the NFL he will become a TOP 3 back...

Hostile7 said:
He had a pot charge dropped, and spent one day in jail for trespassing while getting his TV back some guy who stole it. The quote was out of context, but don't let me stop you from believeing whatever you want.

Brown didn't carry the ball enugh. He was always fresh. The most carries he had this season is 16... Benson=Texas offense. Come on, don't distort the facts.

Want to see Browns carries against good defenses (2004)?

Gerogia- 12 carries, 43 yards.
Tennesee 16 carries, 50 yards.
Alabama 16 carries, 53 yards.

Oh man, this guy was the **** when he played good teams, and he wasn't targeted like Benson was. You don't want me to get the 2003 stats up when he played good defenses.

I'm not saying he won't have a good cone drill. I said it's more important and we don't have times to compare.

Again, the combine is not the biggest factor in a players career. It's what he did throughout college. I know Benson carried the Longhorns on his own. Brown isn't even the best back on his team. Benson, Cadillac, Brown.
Do you really need me to list how Benson has done against the 2-3 good teams he plays per year (Oklahoma and a bowl game)? Or how he's never had more than 3.8 yards per carry in any of the three bowl games he's played in?

The stats you list for Brown are wrong/incomplete. The Alabama game is the only game he didn't play well in.

Georgia - 12, 51, 4.3 ypc and 7 rec, 88 yards 1 TD
Tennessee - also had 6 rec, 55 yards

Brown was the best back on his team. He played better in big games than Williams (e.g. this years bowl game), he was in the game in most crucial 3rd down and goal line situations, and he averaged far more ypc than Williams.

Benson having more college mileage on him is not a strong advantage over Brown, if it is an advantage at all.

You guys are kidding right?

Of the three backs Brown is at the bottom of my list.

Some stats for you:

Edgerrin James 40 time ads a rookie: 4.5:
Ricky Williams: 4.4
Emmitt Smith: 4.6
Shaun Alexander 4.58

There is a lot more that goes into being a star back in the NFL than .2 seconds difference in time. He couldn't beat our Caddy for the starting job.

Sorry I take Benson still. The best runner.

Da 'Fins said:
What good defenses? :roflmao:

Benson played in the most over-rated conference in football and did his damage against pitiful teams. He and his offense (which put up big numbers against the rest of their conference and a weak Michigan team) were completely shut down by the one decent team they played - Oklahoma - who, it turns out, was also WAY over-rated.

You also have to factor in that Brown and Cadillac not only alternated - they were often given different roles in the offense. If Benson played the same teams Auburn played - he wouldn't have had the stats he did.
Oklahoma is still better then then every team - the Trojans. USC can run, and throw, and are unpredictable. Texas is very predictable and everyone, uncluding Stoops know who's getting the rock.

What I don't get is how can you use this against him, when we saw the same thing happen to Ricky when Fiedler was QB. We all knew the Dolphins offense was on dimensional team, and it's the same with Texas... You're being a hypocrite (unless you're one of every member here that believes Miami had a true passing threat and ignored the 8-9 men defensive fronts).

Benson having more college mileage on him is not a strong advantage over Brown

Don't worry about mileage... He doesn't take a lot of clean hits (he's shifty like edge) and has massive legs. I wouldn't worry to much about it, he's only 22 years old. KB21 and I debated onthis topic, and he simply had more vailid points. A lot of college backs have more then 1000 carries over 4 years. It's only 250 a year.

FuturePhin said:
Trader!..lol....The 40 times are nice, but look at Michael Bennent. He has amazing speed and really hasnt done much with it. I would rather have Benson who can pound, and if/when he takes it outside, can break it. 40 times are overrated. How often do you get to use it when your a rb? Theres usually a guy on you in 5 sec or less! Calm down guys. The best is yet to come. Benson prob. wont beat that time, but a 4.4-4.5 aint bad either.
Not everyone is jumping on a band wagaon based on a 40 time, many of us have been saying Brown is the best RB in the draft the entire time. And from Gil Brandt and Mike Mayock's statements today, it appears many NFL experts agree.

Brown even surprised those of us who've been saying he's the best... I knew he had breakaway speed but never dreamed he'd run a 4.32 at Indy.

Looks like Ronnie Brown is # 1, Williams # 2 and Benson # 3....things can change, but thats how I see it. The players that could rise still are J.J. Arrington, Eric Shelton and Sproles.

General Tso said:
Not everyone is jumping on a band wagaon based on a 40 time, many of us have been saying Brown is the best RB in the draft the entire time. And from Gil Brandt and Mike Mayock's statements today, it appears many NFL experts agree.

Brown even surprised those of us who've been saying he's the best... I knew he had breakaway speed but never dreamed he'd run a 4.32 at Indy.
Have you not seen the "who's on the bandwagon threads, 4.32?"

Actually, many experts don't agree, and believe Benson is the #1 back. Which why the guy at the combine said "although benson is 3rd on my list, he's first on almost everyone elses."

Running a 4.3 is impressive, but not as important as what a runner does the first 10-20 yds...what a runner does in the cone drill tells more than just running straight.

fin-atic said:
You guys are kidding right?

Of the three backs Brown is at the bottom of my list.

Some stats for you:

Edgerrin James 40 time ads a rookie: 4.5:
Ricky Williams: 4.4
Emmitt Smith: 4.6
Shaun Alexander 4.58

There is a lot more that goes into being a star back in the NFL than .2 seconds difference in time. He couldn't beat our Caddy for the starting job.

Sorry I take Benson still. The best runner.
That list should make his time all that more impressive. 233lb RBs don't run sub-4.4 40s. Now you add in the fact that the guy is a very good reciever and an exceptional blocker and you get the best back in the draft. I know alot of people here are all over Benson, but you have to look at this objectively and see that Brown is special. He may not have Bensons vision, but Benson doesnt have Williams' vision either. This is just mind blowing though that he actually ran that fast.

Ricky never ran a 4.4. I don't know where you got that from. He was something like 235 and ran a 4.5 if I remember. Edge was something like a 4.45.

Hostile7 said:
Have you not seen the "who's on the bandwagon threads, 4.32?"

Actually, many experts don't agree, and believe Benson is the #1 back. Which why the guy at the combine said "although benson is 3rd on my list, he's first on almost everyone elses."
It is still early so those lists really don't mean much right now, but for what its worth I have seen different people with different #1s. Scouts Inc. for example on ESPN has Brown at 1, Williams at 2, and Benson at 3. I can promise many others who don't have Brown at 1 will change that after this performance.

Back
Top Bottom