MERGED: Rumor/Report - Dolphins looking to trade Smiley | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Rumor/Report - Dolphins looking to trade Smiley

FFS.

Why is this regime so flippant when it comes to O-line depth.

Last year we gambled and lost in the Satele deal, this year we are playing russian roulette again.

Pardon me while I go scratch my head some more.

How did we lose in the Satele deal? Both Grove and Garner are better than Satele and not as undersized. So we upgraded. Then we used the swapped pick in the 4th to get Hartline. And Satele didn't even start for the Raiders.

I scratch my head at your post.

Btw, where's that bad *** that posted this breaking news yesterday?

so basically icognito is now our starting LG? I thought we were trying to upgrade the RG position? Man, we just keep on creating holes this off season...all I have to say this rebuilding process is going to take a lot longer than expected...

Smily was a stop gap player that you hoped learned to stay healthy when we picked him up as a FA and it worked. It is obvious they think that they have enough younger player on the team to pick up the slack. Smily is good do not get me wrong but he is not dependable and he is no good to us on IR. We are creating room nor both Nate Gardner and Thomas to be on the field at the same time and just picked up a nasty veteran as a backup. Jake Grove gets hurt again this year good chance he will be gone next year espcially if we find another Nate Garderner out there somewhere. We had 3 contrbutors that played well last year on the team but all 3 have injury issues that Smily, Jake Grove and his backup. Thats over half the line and thats like playing russian roulette during the season and you just cannot affort to have that.

so basically icognito is now our starting LG? I thought we were trying to upgrade the RG position? Man, we just keep on creating holes this off season...all I have to say this rebuilding process is going to take a lot longer than expected...

I think its more Garner, Thomas, and Incognito will fight for the 3 guard spots.

Now that it is out I personally ask for it to be taken down. At the time it needed to be taken down, my source asked me for it to be removed, it could ruin the trade if word got out

I like Smiley and all but the guy has missed 16 games in 3 seasons.

Like someone already said how do you lose out in a trade when the replacement played better than Satele. The Fins loved how Garner played, time for Satele to go

Salguero is reporting they want a third for him. The rumor says he is getting shipped to seattle, but I think they gave that pick for Charlie

i wouldnt mind some free beer either lol, i hope nothing but the best for smiley he has played like a player with alot of class his time down here in South Fl but sometimes we have to do what we have to do , I wish nothing but the best for smiley if he does get traded. Hopefully we get something in fair value in return since he is a good lineman when healthy. LETS GO FINS

"It is unclear what price the Dolphins hope to exact for Smiley. League sources at the current NFL annual meetings are speculating the asking price is a third-round pick". - Armando Salguero

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/#ixzz0iusIJ1yC

I wouldn't mind that one bit.

3rd round pick absolutely esp in this years draft hell i would take that for him in any draft. I was thinking if we are lucky we would get a 4th for him.

Incognito has the most talent on our line besides Long, this is a huge upgrade. The guy played left tackle all through college and can play any postion on the oline. He just needs to get rid of some mental errors. I luve the kids nastyness and physical abilites.. Do a little reseach and you'll see that this kid is awsome and will be great for us. Incognito is the first Husker freshman offensive lineman to start in the season opener and just the third rookie lineman to earn any start in his first year of competition. He played in all 14 games, starting 13 at left tackle and posted the second-highest season pancake total in Husker history with 171. Pretty Good Stat.

Also Smiley is just to injury prone and is too expensive to keep as a backup. Trading him makes perfect football sense.

Back
Top Bottom