MERGED: Rumor/Report - Dolphins looking to trade Smiley | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Rumor/Report - Dolphins looking to trade Smiley

Smily was a stop gap player that you hoped learned to stay healthy when we picked him up as a FA and it worked. It is obvious they think that they have enough younger player on the team to pick up the slack. Smily is good do not get me wrong but he is not dependable and he is no good to us on IR. We are creating room nor both Nate Gardner and Thomas to be on the field at the same time and just picked up a nasty veteran as a backup. Jake Grove gets hurt again this year good chance he will be gone next year espcially if we find another Nate Garderner out there somewhere. We had 3 contrbutors that played well last year on the team but all 3 have injury issues that Smily, Jake Grove and his backup. Thats over half the line and thats like playing russian roulette during the season and you just cannot affort to have that.

we did not sign smiley to be a stop gap player unless we have a pretty dumb front office. He got paid pretty premium money. I think the signing of Incognito basically assured we were dumping a guard. Incognito automatically becomes our best guard and a player to hold down a spot and give Thomas more time to develop.

This MAY be worth pointing out...but isn't the going rate for moving up in the first your 1st and 3rd round picks?!... something to watch out for...

The Incognito siging opened the doors for this to happen. The Fins now have two G/C in Berger & Incognito. They have two G in Thomas & Garner, excellent depth and exactly what I suspected with the Richie signing. I think it is Fantastic especially if they get a 3rd

This MAY be worth pointing out...but isn't the going rate for moving up in the first your 1st and 3rd round picks?!... something to watch out for...

that depends on how much you want to move up, but that's a possibility. however, i don't think trading our #1 and Smiley for another team's #1 now makes a lot of sense.

I knew it all along..there was no way we would trade Thomas..He has way too much upside and Smiley still has good value...Man what good young line we are building...

I personally would not trade Smiley away. When healthy, he is one of the best left guards in the entire league and unless we get good compensation(at least a 3rd round pick) I don't think trading him is worth it.

I personally would not trade Smiley away. When healthy, he is one of the best left guards in the entire league and unless we get good compensation(at least a 3rd round pick) I don't think trading him is worth it.

Yea you are right..But he has been hurt way too much...

Your not elite if you cant play...

I would like a 3rd for him as well..

I am sure Seattle will give us something good..Look what they gave up for Whitehurst.......

They gave away a 3rd for a 3rd string QB with NO NFL starts? I expect two 1sts for Smiley then!

I wouldn't call Smiley a stop-gap, but I doubt he was in the long-term plan. had he been more durable, he may have even stayed longer.

I seem to remember the Seahawks not having their 3rd round pick in this year's draft, which is why they had to swap spots in the 2nd round this year in order to acquire Whitehurst. I doubt we get a 3rd, but I wouldn't be disappointed with a 4th and a young player worthy of development, maybe like a Rob Sims.

Back
Top Bottom