merged:Saban is not about Smokescreens/Smokescreen? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged:Saban is not about Smokescreens/Smokescreen?

NJFINSFAN1 said:
While I agree what you say, he is sending out mixed signals on who he wants, and thats smart business. The same maybe said for Gruden, maybe he wants one of the RB's or WR's, but he is going to send out mixed signals.

The only ones sending out mixed signals are the media who has us absolutely taking Ronnie Brown, yet they have not heard one word as such from Nick Sabans lips. When they asked him in the press conference, "what seperates the RB's in this draft?"

His reply? "you tell me!" He never once said Ronnie Brown was the guy.

Smokescreens!! They're everywhere...here a screen, there a screen, everywhere a smokescreen.

finfan54 said:
The reason he is looking at Alex Smith is cus we dont have a franchise QB and he is looking deeply at Alex Smith. The facts are all there. They were there two months ago. Linehan said he likes Alex Smith. He knows him. He likes him. You see a connection there? Isnt it obvious? It really strikes me when people say its not what he said but what he doesnt say (which is what everyone else is saying). Doesnt make sense. What makes sense is that Alex Smith is the guy they like and are willing to pull the trigger for him because how many franchise QB's are available these days? QB and LT are premiums in this league. There are plenty of RB's and WR's out there in case you havent noticed.

Still, why would he come out and say "Alex Smith is the best guy at Number 2."? If you havent noticed, there is a team picking ahead of us.. So stating your intentions there, its allowing for alot of things to occur..

1. SF takes Smith.
2. SF trades down with a team that now knows Miami will take Smith at number 2.

I just dont think Saban would say things like this if he truly were set on taking a guy at number 2.. Doesnt make sense.. Leaves too many things out in the open and the possibility of too many things occuring to screw up that plan. If he wanted Alex Smith at 2, I dont think he would have said a thing about him.

well. we would know what his main objective was: to trade down. Does it not make sense that if you are trying to negotiate the best deal for your pick you might employ certain tactics to increase demand for that pick? (ie leak to a "source" in the media whom you've BANNED your coaches from talking to, that you're going to take the one guy Tampa covets). Bottom line, if we end up trading for #5,#36 and #71/#91 who cares what the initial motvations were. Saban knows how to play poker. We'll never see his cards. isn't that the way it should be?

clear.gif

SkapePhin said:
Still, why would he come out and say "Alex Smith is the best guy at Number 2."? If you havent noticed, there is a team picking ahead of us.. So stating your intentions there, its allowing for alot of things to occur..

1. SF takes Smith.
2. SF trades down with a team that now knows Miami will take Smith at number 2.

I just dont think Saban would say things like this if he truly were set on taking a guy at number 2.. Doesnt make sense.. Leaves too many things out in the open and the possibility of too many things occuring to screw up that plan. If he wanted Alex Smith at 2, I dont think he would have said a thing about him.

no its not! Alex Smith went into SF and basically told them to take a hike! He said (it was on NFL network) that it would be a dream to be picked #1 in the draft, but that playing in the right situation was better for him. That says it all right there! He does not want to play for the SF 49ers!!!!!!! He wants to play for Nick Saban! Now today, youre hearing SF is going to sign Rogers. why do you suppose that is? Because they like Rogers more? Not neccessarily. They want there guy signed and they stated as much. Smith does not want to sign on the dotted line! I believe Nick Saban is even going to hold out on TB when they make an offer to us because Saban wants this kid. What is so hard to understand about that?

I do not think you guys are very good poker players. You do not seem to know what is happening here.

finfan54 said:
no its not! Alex Smith went into SF and basically told them to take a hike! He said (it was on NFL network) that it would be a dream to be picked #1 in the draft, but that playing in the right situation was better for him. That says it all right there! He does not want to play for the SF 49ers!!!!!!! He wants to play for Nick Saban! Now today, youre hearing SF is going to sign Rogers. why do you suppose that is? Because they like Rogers more? Not neccessarily. They want there guy signed and they stated as much. Smith does not want to sign on the dotted line! I believe Nick Saban is even going to hold out on TB when they make an offer to us because Saban wants this kid. What is so hard to understand about that?

Lol.. Did you watch last year's draft? Remember when Eli told SD to take a hike? What did they do? They drafted him anyway! Then traded him for a boatload of picks.. By stating that you like Alex Smith at number 2, you are leaving yourself open for a similar situation.. I highly doubt a Proffesional Football Team would take an inferior prospect merely because the one you truly wanted told you to take a hike.. You would do what SD did and stick it to him and trade him for picks. If SF selects Rodgers, they liked Rodgers better.. end of story. Alex Smith is no Eli Manning.. He's no Ben Roethlisberger.. He is not even a Phillip Rivers. Deal with it.

finfan54 said:
I do not think you guys are very good poker players. You do not seem to know what is happening here.

One thing is for certain, I'd want YOU at MY poker table! :D

finfan54 said:
The only ones sending out mixed signals are the media who has us absolutely taking Ronnie Brown, yet they have not heard one word as such from Nick Sabans lips. When they asked him in the press conference, "what seperates the RB's in this draft?"

His reply? "you tell me!" He never once said Ronnie Brown was the guy.

He never once said anyone was his guy. He sends out signals about tons a players, and that is smart! Look at all the players he has had in, I bet it's more then any other NFL team!

finfan54 said:

So he said he wants to play for Saban?? Or is he sending out a smokescreen! :wink:

NJFINSFAN1 said:
He never once said anyone was his guy. He sends out signals about tons a players, and that is smart! Look at all the players he has had in, I bet it's more then any other NFL team!

ummmmmmm dude, read the article in the home page of this website.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
So he said he wants to play for Saban?? Or is he sending out a smokescreen! :wink:

ummmmmm, dude, he was in yesterday to see the dolphins. Now today you are hearing we are going to take Smith. He said what he said yesterday. I dont just read articles, i read faces and actions. I still say you guys are terrible poker players cus you dont even trust your own instincts.

Back
Top Bottom