merged:Saban is not about Smokescreens/Smokescreen? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged:Saban is not about Smokescreens/Smokescreen?

finfan54 said:
ummmmmmm dude, read the article in the home page of this website.

One source said Thursday that head coach Nick Saban has decided Smith would be the best pick for Miami at No. 2, assuming California quarterback Aaron Rodgers is drafted by San Francisco.

Since when is a source, Saban?????? :shakeno:

I don't always agree with SkapePhin, but boy, I agree, I want you at my poker table!!

finfan54 said:
ummmmmmm dude, read the article in the home page of this website.

This is the exact paragraph from the article:

One source said Thursday that head coach Nick Saban has decided Smith would be the best pick for Miami at No. 2, assuming California quarterback Aaron Rodgers is drafted by San Francisco.

It doesnt say, Nick Saban SAID, it says SOURCES said Nick Decided.... Big difference, Like I said, Saban would never do something as foolish as letting his intentions on who he truly wants be known.. So if anything, that actually gives more evidence to support your assertion that he wants Smith at 2. Now if Saban ever publicly stated he wants Smith at 2, I think it would truly be one massive smokescreen. Point Blank, You DONT show your hand at the table, unless, you have ulterior motives!

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I don't always agree with SkapePhin, but boy, I agree, I want you at my poker table!!
:lol: I could see it now:

NJFINSFAN: Damn Skape, I only have a pair of 3's.. What do you have?
Skape: A pair of 4's...
*FinFan54 looks at his hand*
Thinks to himself..Hmm.... I have a pair of 5's!
*goes all in*

It doesnt say, Nick Saban SAID, it says SOURCES said Nick Decided.... Big difference, Like I said, Saban would never do something as foolish as letting his intentions on who he truly wants be known.. So if anything, that actually gives more evidence to support your assertion that he wants Smith at 2. Now if Saban ever publicly stated he wants Smith at 2, I think it would truly be one massive smokescreen. Point Blank, You DONT show your hand at the table, unless, you have ulterior motives!

Not only that, consider the context. Prior to this "source" we've heard nothing from inside the orginization. Saban banned that stuff remember? Yet for some reason, this one is okay. Gimme a break. It's so obvious what's going on. Saban's doing everything he's supposed to. Tampa will panic and trade with us. The question is, do we get both the 2nd and 3rd to go along with the 1st (5th overall) or is it just a 2nd.

The wrench in the engine here is if SF takes Alex Smith and then trades him to Tampa for those picks. That's what I'd do If I were San Francisco. Here's hoping they're not that smart though.

Also, remember that the Cardinals are in the mix as well. Arizona wants a QB too so if we play our cards right, we could milk each of those teams for the best offer. The cards are going to get Henry on Draft day for Leonard Shelton. They still need a QB. Green has got to be salivating here.

Keep one step ahead of em Nick!

SkapePhin said:
:lol: I could see it now:

NJFINSFAN: Damn Skape, I only have a pair of 3's.. What do you have?
Skape: A pair of 4's...
*FinFan54 looks at his hand*
Thinks to himself..Hmm.... I have a pair of 5's!
*goes all in*

:roflmao:

Oh dam, you guys have royal flushes :eek:

ahhhh, but all of you are ready to believe that he is stuck on Ronnie Brown........very intersting. You suck as poker players.

Ok, how much you wanna bet that Ronnie Brown is not taken by the Miami Dolphins?

finfan54 said:
ahhhh, but all of you are ready to believe that he is stuck on Ronnie Brown........very intersting. You suck as poker players.

There you go again! I never said he was drafting Ronnie Brown :shakeno: So you got bluffed right out of the game! :wink:

In fact I have the feeling he will take Edwards! But again, we don't know who he is taking because he has not shown his hand! :wink:

rafael said:
I agree. Saban doesn't strike me as a guy who says one thing but means another. My guess is that Saban is pretty happy with his options. He likes Smith, but he also likes more picks. TB will offer value chart or better or Saban will take Smith. That's my guess.

If you really think that Saban doesn't say one thing and mean the other...to better his chances in this draft....brother...do I have a bridge to sell you.

finfan54 said:

I never said he is taking Ronnie Brown.. The reality is, NOONE KNOWS what he will do! And thats the best way to approach it in my opinion.. NEVER state your intentions. Thats how Miami got suckered last year in the Carey deal.. Everyone knew they wanted Shawn Andrews.. So what happened? Eagles traded ahead of Miami and took him.. Then everyone knew Dolphins were desperate for OL, Carey was next in line.. So the Pats call up the Vikes saying they want to trade up to take Carey ahead of the Phins.. Vikes tell this to the Phins, Phins trade a 4th round pick to move up ONE spot for Carey. You see what happens when you let your intentions be known? You get played.

Who said anything about Ronnie Brown? It could be Mike Williams or Cadillac Williams etc. That's not the point. The point is that the objective is to get as many picks in the top 100 as you can while still maintaining blue chip value with your top choice. Saban knows that the top 7 picks in this draft are blue chippers. after that it's a drop off to the hit and miss crowd. He also knows that round two is loaded with Diamonds and we need the ammunition to uncover them.

I would not be surprised to see us draft Mike Williams in the first then Marion Barber in the second. We are not stuck on ronnie Brown. It's about value.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
There you go again! I never said he was drafting Ronnie Brown :shakeno: So you got bluffed right out of the game! :wink:

In fact I have the feeling he will take Edwards! But again, we don't know who he is taking because he has not shown his hand! :wink:

you have a feeling........... based on what? At least my feeling is based on the news today and yesterday in SF. What cards are you holding? show em. Why is Miami taking Edwards? A WR compared to a QB. Where is the most supply to meet demand? A WR could be had in round 3! A RB could be had in RD. 6!!!!!

finfan54 said:
you have a feeling........... based on what? At least my feeling is based on the news today and yesterday in SF. What cards are you holding? show em. Why is Miami taking Edwards? A WR compared to a QB. Where is the most supply to meet demand? A WR could be had in round 3! A RB could be had in RD. 6!!!!!

So your basing you pick on sources that are out to get Saban because he does not let them know anything :confused: .

Mine is a hunch, and I also said I don't know where he will go, because he is holding his cards close to his vest! :wink: I'm fine with whoever he picks!

If a RB can be had so easy, why have we been looking for one (Besides trading away all those picks for Ricky) since the Czonka days???

SkapePhin said:
I never said he is taking Ronnie Brown.. The reality is, NOONE KNOWS what he will do! And thats the best way to approach it in my opinion.. NEVER state your intentions. Thats how Miami got suckered last year in the Carey deal.. Everyone knew they wanted Shawn Andrews.. So what happened? Eagles traded ahead of Miami and took him.. Then everyone knew Dolphins were desperate for OL, Carey was next in line.. So the Pats call up the Vikes saying they want to trade up to take Carey ahead of the Phins.. Vikes tell this to the Phins, Phins trade a 4th round pick to move up ONE spot for Carey. You see what happens when you let your intentions be known? You get played.

Its simple, you dont have to make it difiicult. I have never ever said I was wanting Alex Smith. I really never ever considered him to be the guy.......until now. Why? Linehan. Saban and his body language. What is being reported today. What was being reported yesterday. Its getting close to show time. The cards are starting to show themselves. If you think that Saban is bluffing to get picks from TB, I do not dissagree with you. What I am saying is that if TB is not willing to give up a major amount of picks, Nick Saban will be drafting the kid from Utah with a head on his shoulders who does not want to play in SF and whose agent has told him that he would be better situated in Miami or TB. In other words, the cards are showing themselves. The poker side of this is how high do the stakes go? If TB really wants this kid bad enough, they will give us alot. If we do not get what we want, then we will be drafting Alex Smith. I really do believe that Saban is locked into getting this kid based a few facts that i think most people are overlooking. I know what the kid said yesterday in SF.

Back
Top Bottom