merged:Saban is not about Smokescreens/Smokescreen? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged:Saban is not about Smokescreens/Smokescreen?

NJFINSFAN1 said:
So your basing you pick on sources that are out to get Saban because he does not let them know anything :confused: .

Mine is a hunch, and I also said I don't know where he will go, because he is holding his cards close to his vest! :wink: I'm fine with whoever he picks!

If a RB can be had so easy, why have we been looking for one (Besides trading away all those picks for Ricky) since the Czonka days???

Sources are out to get Saban? Sources are out to get information out. When they finnally get some from someone, they react by printing it. You have to read between the lines. You have to seperate fact from fiction. There is nothing out there that tells me that Saban is fooling on Alex Smith. Certain facts have come to light. I just believe that Alex Smith will be a Miami Dolphin or we will trade down for the right amount of compensation. Thats not poker, thats playing the cards that your dealt.

DBostonsBoy80 said:
SMOKE SCREEN

Thats a FUNNY word
:roflmao: :roflmao: :D :confused: :confused: :confused:
Sounds like a play that Wanny would call for Ricky.

There is no clear-cut #2 pick. It probably looks like a smokescreen to us un-informed(non-insider) fans but in reality it could just be that Saban has not made up his mind yet and/or is waiting on trade down offers from other teams. :2c:

FiN.in.RI said:
There is no clear-cut #2 pick. It probably looks like a smokescreen to us un-informed(non-insider) fans but in reality it could just be that Saban has not made up his mind yet and/or is waiting on trade down offers from other teams. :2c:

I dont know, it seems to me that there is a much clearer pick at #2 today than yesterday. If you do not hear somehting changing in regards to this over the next few days, just consider Alex Smith a Dolphin until TB comes to the house with some serious draft picks.

The smokescreen is Saban "pumping up" a player that he is not completely sold on. If Saban were "...SOLD... that this player would take them to SB..." then there wouldn't be a qualifier..., "WE ARE OPEN TO TRADE!" ...

finfan54 said:
I dont know, it seems to me that there is a much clearer pick at #2 today than yesterday. If you do not hear somehting changing in regards to this over the next few days, just consider Alex Smith a Dolphin until TB comes to the house with some serious draft picks.

All this speculating makes my head hurt.. I can't wait for next Sat..

finfan54 said:

and this is why--as was mentioned earlier--if you're s.f. and this is true, you pick alex smith and let everybody knock themselves out to give you the best deal. poker players? there are more than 2 players at the table.

finfan54 said:
Its simple, you dont have to make it difiicult. I have never ever said I was wanting Alex Smith. I really never ever considered him to be the guy.......until now. Why? Linehan. Saban and his body language. What is being reported today. What was being reported yesterday. Its getting close to show time. The cards are starting to show themselves. If you think that Saban is bluffing to get picks from TB, I do not dissagree with you. What I am saying is that if TB is not willing to give up a major amount of picks, Nick Saban will be drafting the kid from Utah with a head on his shoulders who does not want to play in SF and whose agent has told him that he would be better situated in Miami or TB. In other words, the cards are showing themselves. The poker side of this is how high do the stakes go? If TB really wants this kid bad enough, they will give us alot. If we do not get what we want, then we will be drafting Alex Smith. I really do believe that Saban is locked into getting this kid based a few facts that i think most people are overlooking. I know what the kid said yesterday in SF.

Well said, the only thing I would like to add is that I believe based on everything I have seen/heard that Saban WILL pick Smith at #2 because he has the most value to the franchise longterm and he really likes the kid. People are saying "If Saban was so sold on Smith he wouldnt be open for trades!" ...Wrong. He is sold on smith for #2 however...if Tampa is THAT desperate for Smith then you have to weigh out your options. If Saban thinks the #5 pick plus the 2nd/3rd rounder will HELP this team more then he will do it. He could then settle alot of needs easily by taking a stud WR/RB with the 5th pick and 37th pick. Then he would still have 2 3rd rounders plus the rest! He will do whatever is in the BEST interest of the team...and with the #2 pick thats Alex Smith. If the opportunity presents itself and its one he cannot pass up he is willing to trade down. I still think alot of people here are in denial because they still want their Ronnie Brown...get over it.

DPlus47 said:
and this is why--as was mentioned earlier--if you're s.f. and this is true, you pick alex smith and let everybody knock themselves out to give you the best deal. poker players? there are more than 2 players at the table.

Ever heard of "heads up"? :lol: :roflmao:

redhead said:
The smokescreen is Saban "pumping up" a player that he is not completely sold on. If Saban were "...SOLD... that this player would take them to SB..." then there wouldn't be a qualifier..., "WE ARE OPEN TO TRADE!" ...

I dont know, I think when your a week away from the draft and your #2, and the #1 just got closer to reality as to who that will be, I dont think you start to "pump up" a player just to get a rise out of somebody. TB likes the kid for a reason. I know Linehan likes him, so why is it so unimaginable that we are not sold on this kid? QB's are far a few between. Its obvious to me that Saban likes this kid. When you are picking #2, you dont mess around with "bluffing". You have to lock into one or two guys who you think will be around for the next 10 years. QB's tend to stick around longer when they are great. WR's do not. Rb's maybe more but QB's are a premium.

finfan54 said:
Sources are out to get Saban? Sources are out to get information out. When they finnally get some from someone, they react by printing it. You have to read between the lines. You have to seperate fact from fiction. There is nothing out there that tells me that Saban is fooling on Alex Smith. Certain facts have come to light. I just believe that Alex Smith will be a Miami Dolphin or we will trade down for the right amount of compensation. Thats not poker, thats playing the cards that your dealt.

Certain facts that you even said, you are reading between lines!!! Nobody knows what he is going to do! You included, and to say you do is foolish!

I rarely play the cards I'm dealt! I take cards on the next round and make my hand better! :wink:

I Love SABAN.....I DO believe SMITH is a Smokescreen. I think Saban wants TB to trade up 3 spots for Smith, which then might cause a DOMINO effect making Minnesotta trade up with the Fins new #5 pick and giving us their #7. Remember the Vikings got rid of Moss to get that #7 and take one of the big 2 WR's.....well as time went on Braylon and Mike have been moving up the draft boards and neither of them might get past #6 to the Titans. Hopefully we make everyone in the top 10 nervous and we use it to our advantage. At #7 we can still find one of the 3 RB's, maybe a top WR,Possibly The BEST Defensive player, or worst case scenario the best OL on the board. That doesn't seem so bad, right?
Hey, remember that the Vikings these past two years have been the joke of the draft. Remember that they were LATE turning in the name of the player they want for 2 straight years, making them move further down in the draft. They can easily get Nervous that one of the big 2 WR's will fall off the board before either of them gets to #7. The Vikings NEED a WR, and if we end up with that 5th pick and there's only one WR left MINNY will need to pull the trigger.
I dont have a problem with #7....as long as we're in the top 10 we're good. And don't forget all the 2nd rounders and 3rd rounders we've accumulated if we do those trades with TB and Minny.

Exactly. The smart play for SF is to take Alex Smith. Worst case scenario, they have the best QB in the draft to groom. Best case scenario they have their choice of trades (Tampa, Arizona, Cleveland etc.).

I hope SF takes Rodgers, for our sake. But I just can't see SF passing up on the best poker chip in the draft, the guy everyone is targeting - Alex Smith.

Back
Top Bottom