Merged: Shifting Gears: Croyle, Whitehurst, and...McNeal | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Shifting Gears: Croyle, Whitehurst, and...McNeal

They're in a massive cap situation.and I'd be up for trading them Booker for a mid-round pick and then going out and signing Wayne or preferrably Owens. That way we gain a pick, send a very agreeable contract to the Redskins with no signing bonus to the Skins, and sign a better receiver for only a few millon more.

Jaj said:
They're in a massive cap situation.and I'd be up for trading them Booker for a mid-round pick and then going out and signing Wayne or preferrably Owens. That way we gain a pick, send a very agreeable contract to the Redskins with no signing bonus to the Skins, and sign a better receiver for only a few millon more.

Sounds good to me.

SpeedRush99 said:
Its funny I don't remember so many Cutler fans in here during the season. In fact there probably only 20 or so regulars to the draft section during the season. Its amazing how popular he is now, although it doesn't surprise me.

If you ever doubt a statement someone says all you have to do is check their previous posts. The two guys I've been hyping all year were Cutler and Gradkowski. I was hoping we could get Cutler with our second rounder and if we passed on him, Gradkowski in the 5th. Unfortunately Cutler has shot up the boards and we won't be able to get him with our first let alone second. I'm not sure Gradkowski would fit our system, a west coast offense is probably best suited for the guy, but I think he'll be a good backup at worst. Another guy to consider is Meyer, although he is one QB I havent seen play. From what I've read about the guy, he seems like an intriguing prospect.

The one guy I was wrong about this year is Vince Young. I didn't buy into his hype all year until the USC game. He reminds me of a more mobile young Steve McNair and whoever gets him has a chance at a very special QB

Jaj said:

If we're going to do something like that, Antwan Randle-El is set to be a free agent, he's always been a very reliable, speedy playmaker and he has definitely expressed interest in playing under Mike Mularkey again...even though he's about to go to the Super Bowl with the Steelers. He was being interviewed about Mularkey and basically even though he's about to go to the Super Bowl he couldn't hide his desire to play for Mularkey again. Reggie Wayne is looking like he'll be franchised, as the rumors indicate the Colts will do anything to keep him after finally managing to groom a decent 2nd WR along side Harrison. Terrell Owens of course brings with him a boat load of headaches...and the players would not be happy in the least. When Randy and Chris said those things about Owens, they were basically sticking up for Marty Booker and made no attempt to hide it. If we sign Owens and trade Booker, I think that would be even worse than just signing Owens.

Of course, I doubt the Skins bite on a trade that sends them Marty Booker for something approaching a decent pick. They have a late 3rd that I doubt they would part with...and they have no 4th.

ckparrothead said:
Alright enough with the p!ssing match. Zip up the flies boys.

LOL....Ck, you could post that exact response in like 3 or 4 other threads today thoughout this site....man if I didnt know better I would think its a new moon or something.

That's completely off. You can't change your ability on a certain pass. It's there or it isn't. He has the arm strength to do it. That's NEVER been a question.

Look, if you think Whitehurst is that good and scouts are "sold" on him, you are in a PAC-10 world of delusion. He makes poor decisions and struggles with the deep out. In ACC land over here, I watched him play almost every week. He is not a starter for the Dolphins. If he is, we are in trouble. No scout is sold on this guy (too early), and the combines are very important in determining where a player rates.

If you think his ability can't change on a certain pass (whatever that means), you should have watched more Clemson games. This guy was VERY inconsistent. That is not even debated among Clemson fans.

SammySmif said:
Look, if you think Whitehurst is that good and scouts are "sold" on him, you are in a PAC-10 world of delusion. He makes poor decisions and struggles with the deep out. In ACC land over here, I watched him play almost every week. He is not a starter for the Dolphins. If he is, we are in trouble. No scout is sold on this guy (too early), and the combines are very important in determining where a player rates.

If you think his ability can't change on a certain pass (whatever that means), you should have watched more Clemson games. This guy was VERY inconsistent. That is not even debated among Clemson fans.

I never said he's that good or anything, it's just its obvious he can complete that pass :goof:

PhinstiGator said:
I've been impressed with Whitehurst since early in the season when he brought his team back to beat my team...the Maryland Terps. He showed a mature leadership and patience using a balanced attack to grab the momentum of the game and never let go.

He has a history of winning games. "...has a perfect 3-0 record in career overtime games, including wins over Virginia (2003), Wake Forest (2004), and Miami (FL) (2004)."

The knock on him that you will continue to hear from Maylock is "Inconsistency". Mainly, that knock comes from his dip in performance during his junior year. Perhaps, for anyone who cares...there are real team related reasons for his lack of progress that year.

But, we really need to focus on how the kid played THIS year. He really made some positive strides in a balanced attack and brought his completion percentage up to 67%.

And another plus is the genetic engineering...his father was a QB for the Packers.

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/playerDetail.jsp?yr=2005&org=147&player=6

I'm not sure how old the stats you pulled for Whitehurst are, but he (Clemson) lost to Miami in OT this year.

I'm ok with any of these guys in the 3rd/4th rounds, but I wouldn't want us to use our 2nd on any of them honestly because I believe there will simply be better players available at that spot. It doesn't mean I don't think they're good enough players, I just feel you get yourself into trouble taking players higher than they should go.

I'm sure that Miami will identify several QB's they like this year and then assign a value to them, if they are there when they pick, they'll take them. If not, I'm sure they'll do the smart thing and take the best collection of players they can assemble and move on to the next QB they are high on.

Making desperate moves and taking players of "need" before they should be, is something the last regime specialized in, but not Saban and crew.

sometimes..not always.

my short QB list:

Cutler
Croyle
Jacobs
Gradowski

ckparrothead said:
If we're going to do something like that, Antwan Randle-El is set to be a free agent, he's always been a very reliable, speedy playmaker and he has definitely expressed interest in playing under Mike Mularkey again...even though he's about to go to the Super Bowl with the Steelers. He was being interviewed about Mularkey and basically even though he's about to go to the Super Bowl he couldn't hide his desire to play for Mularkey again. Reggie Wayne is looking like he'll be franchised, as the rumors indicate the Colts will do anything to keep him after finally managing to groom a decent 2nd WR along side Harrison. Terrell Owens of course brings with him a boat load of headaches...and the players would not be happy in the least. When Randy and Chris said those things about Owens, they were basically sticking up for Marty Booker and made no attempt to hide it. If we sign Owens and trade Booker, I think that would be even worse than just signing Owens.

Of course, I doubt the Skins bite on a trade that sends them Marty Booker for something approaching a decent pick. They have a late 3rd that I doubt they would part with...and they have no 4th.

Trading booker and getting owens would be just downright stupid. I do like the idead of Randle-El, although that would take away Wes Welker on punt returns.

Back
Top Bottom