Merged: Shifting Gears: Croyle, Whitehurst, and...McNeal | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Shifting Gears: Croyle, Whitehurst, and...McNeal

If his arm is so great why does he constantly struggle with accuracy on the deep out? I am not sold.

SammySmif said:
If his arm is so great why does he constantly struggle with accuracy on the deep out? I am not sold.

That's great, but scouts are so who cares?

It's not "hype" with Cutler. He's the real deal, as I've been saying all season. Whitehurst is a bust as far as a starter, maybe a decent backup and Croyle is this year's Orton. There is zero chance that he has a better career than Cutler unless Cutler blows out his shoulder or something. Croyle has played skittish his entire senior season. That's not a good sign heading into the pros where linemen tend to be bigger and faster. I wouldn't be adverse to using a 3rd on him as a future backup but using a 3rd on Whitehurst would be a waste IMO. I would rather take Gradkowski or Meyer in the 5th - better value.

adamprez2003 said:
It's not "hype" with Cutler. He's the real deal, as I've been saying all season.

Its funny I don't remember so many Cutler fans in here during the season. In fact there probably only 20 or so regulars to the draft section during the season. Its amazing how popular he is now, although it doesn't surprise me.

SpeedRush99 said:
Its funny I don't remember so many Cutler fans in here during the season. In fact there probably only 20 or so regulars to the draft section during the season. Its amazing how popular he is now, although it doesn't surprise me.

I've had this in my sig for a long time now, well back into the season when many were saying Cutler was a second rounder, I argued that he would be a first rounder, but your right, it has really grown.

BlueFin said:
I've had this in my sig for a long time now, well back into the season when many were saying Cutler was a second rounder, I argued that he would be a first rounder, but your right, it has really grown.

I know you have. But the people that are saying "I've been saying Cutler is the man all season" are starting to come out of the woodwork. When fact is there were very few giving him his due on this board during the season.

Speedrush...

SpeedRush99 said:
I know you have. But the people that are saying "I've been saying Cutler is the man all season" are starting to come out of the woodwork. When fact is there were very few giving him his due on this board during the season.

Where is fishypete when you need him? He's been saying since day 1 that Cutler was overhyped. That's not what the REAL experts are saying. I guess Pete is not the expert he THINKS he is. Sorry to say we might have to trade up to get Cutler or settle for Croyle in round 2.

Finfanforever said:
Where is fishypete when you need him? He's been saying since day 1 that Cutler was overhyped. That's not what the REAL experts are saying. I guess Pete is not the expert he THINKS he is. Sorry to say we might have to trade up to get Cutler or settle for Croyle in round 2.

Yeah no kidding, but you didn't honestly expect him to come around and admit he was wrong though, did you? :D

Finfanforever said:
NO! Is there ANY chance Saban trades up to grab Cutler??:confused:

Only he and Mueller know, i'm sure.

The only trade up scenario I found interesting would be trading Ricky for the chance to grab Cutler. I'm not sure if it is realistic, but it is a decent question. With Jay here, you've probably got a fully-functioning "trio" that teams like to get...in Jay Cutler, Chris Chambers, and Ronnie Brown. They've got a TE too. The only thing the team would then need to be "cooking on gasoline" as Boomer calls it would be a franchise LT.

ckparrothead said:
The only trade up scenario I found interesting would be trading Ricky for the chance to grab Cutler. I'm not sure if it is realistic, but it is a decent question. With Jay here, you've probably got a fully-functioning "trio" that teams like to get...in Jay Cutler, Chris Chambers, and Ronnie Brown. They've got a TE too. The only thing the team would then need to be "cooking on gasoline" as Boomer calls it would be a franchise LT.

I agree 100%. I really wanna keep Ricky, but if it means getting a franchise QB that will carry us for the next 10 years, I'll help pack his bags. I mean realisitically how much longer do you think Ricky is gonna play? 2 years?

SpeedRush99 said:
I agree 100%. I really wanna keep Ricky, but if it means getting a franchise QB that will carry us for the next 10 years, I'll help pack his bags. I mean realisitically how much longer do you think Ricky is gonna play? 2 years?

Yeah. Just be forewarned that the chances of Jay Cutler becoming a franchise QB are about...30-35 percent. Even so, I think it's worth that shot.

ckparrothead said:
Yeah. Just be forewarned that the chances of Jay Cutler becoming a franchise QB are about...30-35 percent. Even so, I think it's worth that shot.

Agreed, nothing is guaranteed but we need to take that chance.

SpeedRush99 said:
Agreed, nothing is guaranteed but we need to take that chance.

Does that mean you're ok with the following statement: "The Dolphins took Jay Cutler in the first round of the draft, even though it is more likely than not that is he going to be a bust."

Back
Top Bottom