Merged: Steinbach or Dielman/Deilman seeking 7 million | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Steinbach or Dielman/Deilman seeking 7 million

Gamble

FinHeaven VIP
Club Member
Reaction score
Most people here seem to favor Dielman, but if we had a choice wouldn't it be better to get Steinbach? Steinbach is more athletic, can play all positions on the line,(He played left tackle for the Bengals in a couple games) and is rated as the best pass blocking guard in the NFL by Sporting News. It states that he is the type of player you could build a line around. Dielman is tough, more of a mauler than athletic and would be a good improvement for the Dolphins. I'm just saying if I had the choice I would go with Steinbach, but I would be happy if the Dolphins did sign Dielman as my second choice.

I've been hoping for Dielman since the end of the year, but I really don't care. Steinbach's versatility will come in handy once half our line gets injured like usual. I'll take whoever is cheaper.

I've been hoping for Dielman since the end of the year, but I really don't care. Steinbach's versatility will come in handy once half our line gets injured like usual. I'll take whoever is cheaper.

You guys won't be able to afford either. $13 million in cap space (20th in the League) and a ton of guys you have to sign just to fill roster spots (meaning you actually have several million less in reality)? Sorry to say, but you guys won't even be in the market for top tier free agents. We won't either, but it won't be because of cap issues--we have plenty of cap, just no cash....

We might have to bite the bullet this year. Re-sign Mac,draft Satele Sampson in the third and move Hadnot back to guard. Cut jeno,Bennie and Seth and keep Toledo,Fonuti, and Alabi, and maybe jacox because he doesn't cost anything. Can we cut or trade Toledo? Is he really gonna make it or is he going to be injured all the time?

You guys won't be able to afford either. $13 million in cap space (20th in the League) and a ton of guys you have to sign just to fill roster spots (meaning you actually have several million less in reality)? Sorry to say, but you guys won't even be in the market for top tier free agents. We won't either, but it won't be because of cap issues--we have plenty of cap, just no cash....

We don't have a lot of room to work with, but a lot of salaries will either be restructured or dumped to free up space. Guard is a relatively cheap position when compared to say cornerback or tackle. While we probably don't have the money to spend on a guy like Asante Samuel or Nate Clements, I'm pretty sure we will have enough to acquire either Dielman or Steinbach, re-sign some of our free agents and sign our draft picks.

Miami was in the bottom half last year for cap room and we were still able to afford big contracts for Daunte Culpepper, Will Allen and Joey Harrington. We won't be real active, but we can afford to get one of these guys.

Dielman is very likely since he played under Cameron in both San Diego and Indiana.

Steinbach is the better of the two. ALthough, he will demand more $$$$ and Cams connection to Dielman(Indiana)makes him a MUCH more likely option.

We might have to bite the bullet this year. Re-sign Mac,draft Satele Sampson in the third and move Hadnot back to guard. Cut jeno,Bennie and Seth and keep Toledo,Fonuti, and Alabi, and maybe jacox because he doesn't cost anything. Can we cut or trade Toledo? Is he really gonna make it or is he going to be injured all the time?

You were making good sense until your comment on Toledo. We have no clue what he is capable of and I'd like to think HH can get him in future lineups.

Yeah right, whatever.

Most people here seem to favor Dielman, but if we had a choice wouldn't it be better to get Steinbach? Steinbach is more athletic, can play all positions on the line,(He played left tackle for the Bengals in a couple games) and is rated as the best pass blocking guard in the NFL by Sporting News. It states that he is the type of player you could build a line around. Dielman is tough, more of a mauler than athletic and would be a good improvement for the Dolphins. I'm just saying if I had the choice I would go with Steinbach, but I would be happy if the Dolphins did sign Dielman as my second choice.

I don't care which we get, as long as we get one, either would be a huge lift to the left side of our OL.

We should also try and land Leanord Davis to man the LT spot IMO.

Then we could go with Brady Quinn at 9 and Ryan Kalil in the second round.

The rest of the draft rounds we could use to address the WR, CB and LB spots and take the best players available at those positions.

That would be my plan.

GO PHINS~!

we have 13 mil right now. after cuts and restructures were projected to have around 20 mil.

And by cutting 4 or 5 guys who wouldn't be a big loss we are over 25 mil under. A couple restructures and we are 30 mil under. Money is not an issue if Miami really wanted someone in FA. The real question is do you have to overpay in this FA market for someone and is it worth it. If you had to overpay 2+mil/yr for an OG it's not worth it - for a starting QB you'd have to consider it.

And by cutting 4 or 5 guys who wouldn't be a big loss we are over 25 mil under. A couple restructures and we are 30 mil under. Money is not an issue if Miami really wanted someone in FA. The real question is do you have to overpay in this FA market for someone and is it worth it. If you had to overpay 2+mil/yr for an OG it's not worth it - for a starting QB you'd have to consider it.

Its time to cut some of the overrpayed trash, that would help a ****load.

Miami was in the bottom half last year for cap room and we were still able to afford big contracts for Daunte Culpepper, Will Allen and Joey Harrington. We won't be real active, but we can afford to get one of these guys.

Dielman is very likely since he played under Cameron in both San Diego and Indiana.

also LJ Shelton and both got contracts in the 9-15 mill range correct? and we had what? lke 7 mil to spend last year or something. lmaoo

We can get 2 higher Teir players from those 2 signings last year for this year.

We obviously need help on O-line but I worry about overpaying. Regardless of the conncetion to Cam, Dielman won't come cheap. Steinbach is more versatile but he'll be even more expensive.
The truth is that our O-line is not terrible but it does need help. I'd rather stick with some of the guys we have now and draft a LT to develop for the next coming years.

Back
Top Bottom