Merged: Steinbach or Dielman/Deilman seeking 7 million | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Steinbach or Dielman/Deilman seeking 7 million

Like I said, I dont like to use the word 'overpay' when a team makes a signing in the NFL, because contracts are very easy to restructure... most contracts get worked behind the scenes to give a team cap relief in subsequent years... for instance, the Redskins are consistent players in the FA market and while they overpay, every year they seem to find themselves with cap space again. Thats because you can work around the cap. Im not saying lets be the Redskins, but its a good example of why overpaying (from a personnel perspective) is not the end of the world. Now from a football point of view, its a whole other story.

That beind said, if we are going to overpay, let it be for an offensive lineman or a top DB. I think its pretty evident that being cheap has gotten us nowhere, in particular on the line. Enough is enough. Pay up. Its a critical position.

actually the redskins overpay every year for some washed up players, then purge their roster and take the cap hits. BTW, when was the last time they have they even been any good? they are proof that overpaying in free agency is not the way to go

This is proving even more that you have to build through the draft. With that said, Brady Quinn is not the answer.

isn't brady quinn in this years draft? maybe you think trent green or now ramsey is the answer

derrick dockery is young. he is entering his...4th year i believe. if we MUST overpay on someone, lets overpay on the 3rd year LT out of Pittsburgh...Max Starks. he will anchor our line for 10 years. plus that makes our draft a lot easier.

Like I said, I dont like to use the word 'overpay' when a team makes a signing in the NFL, because contracts are very easy to restructure... most contracts get worked behind the scenes to give a team cap relief in subsequent years... for instance, the Redskins are consistent players in the FA market and while they overpay, every year they seem to find themselves with cap space again. Thats because you can work around the cap. Im not saying lets be the Redskins, but its a good example of why overpaying (from a personnel perspective) is not the end of the world. Now from a football point of view, its a whole other story.

That beind said, if we are going to overpay, let it be for an offensive lineman or a top DB. I think its pretty evident that being cheap has gotten us nowhere, in particular on the line. Enough is enough. Pay up. Its a critical position.

I like you so very much(not in a John Ameche way- not that there's anything wrong with that).

You're making too much sense bro.

We obviously need help on O-line but I worry about overpaying. Regardless of the conncetion to Cam, Dielman won't come cheap. Steinbach is more versatile but he'll be even more expensive.
The truth is that our O-line is not terrible but it does need help. I'd rather stick with some of the guys we have now and draft a LT to develop for the next coming years.

Have to say I'm with you on this one. I would love to sign either Dielman or Steinbach, but not sure we can afford eigher one. Hope so, but either way I'd love to take Levi Brown at #9 and we're set at LT for 10 years with him. Makes a lot of sense.

This is proving even more that you have to build through the draft. With that said, Brady Quinn is not the answer.

I wish someone would tell me where they are all getting these crystal balls I been looking for one and can't find one can anyone help?

That said I like Kris Dielman but we do need to build through draft.

you know what Screw Dielman!! Selfish S.O>B!! Ill be happy with Eric instead!! My god You think you r a Hutchinson!!! Screw Dielman

Ask L.Tomlinson if Dielman is another Hutch. LT would say, HE IS!

Get us Dielman or Steinbach, WAYNE!!!! Show me the money. Put it where your mouth was last month about "money aint going to be an issue"!!!

Give Dielman the $7mil and move on to the next FA...:cooldude:

with the cap space we currently have...and the people we are cutting and restructuring...is it possible to sign BOTH Dielman and Steinbach??? and still have enough for our draftees....or should we keep faith in LJ Shelton and just pick one of the two. Steinbach is about 290, for a GUARD...thats kinda...small, dont u think?? especially if hes taking on some 330 pound mammoth like sam adams, warren sapp, keith traylor, big daddy, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
with the cap space we currently have...and the people we are cutting and restructuring...is it possible to sign BOTH Dielman and Steinbach??? and still have enough for our draftees....or should we keep faith in LJ Shelton and just pick one of the two. Steinbach is about 290, for a GUARD...thats kinda...small, dont u think?? especially if hes taking on some 330 pound mammoth like sam adams, warren sapp, keith traylor, big daddy, etc.

Yes, we can.

With all these cuts looming, if they get exercised, we'll be able to make a play for plenty of guys.

I hear posters tell me they rather Mueller be "creative" with money on quantity rather than quality but as long as we're talking "creative" why can't Mueller do both?

Let's use 1-9 ratings for the sake of my argument. Some people would rather go get 2 guys both with 6 ratings but why couldn't we go out and pay a 9 to start and then cut cost on a 2nd team guy who rates out to a 3? Did I lose you guys with the Maddenesque rating system?

Back
Top Bottom