Merged: Tait ours if we want him?/To visit Fins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Tait ours if we want him?/To visit Fins

Disgustipate

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Tait ours if we want him?

http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2197404

"The Bears also made a generous offer to guard Chris Villarrial, who began free agency with a trip to the Bills, and were pushing hard to sign right tackle John Tait to an offer sheet. Tait was deciding between the Bears and Dolphins. The Chiefs put a transition tag on Tait and will have the right to match any offer. "

Someone clear this transition tag up..This means Tait is pretty much a regular free agent, except for that if the Chiefs match a contract, they get him back?

Damn, i hope we can pursue him as well, I know im asking for too much now.

yes thats correct...if Tait signs an offer sheet from any other team, the Chiefs have the same opportunity to match it as we do with O-Gun. Only difference is they wont get any compensation from us

Q: What determines a transition player?

A: His club must offer a minimum of the average of the top 10 salaries of last season at the player's position or 120 percent of the player's previous year's salary, whichever is greater. A transition player designation gives the club a first-refusal right to match within seven days an offer sheet given to the player by another club after his contract expires. If the club matches, it retains the player. If it does not match, it receives no compensation.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ar03,0,5722709.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

Tait being a Dolphin was first brough up around Week 17. Miami said that they were going to make a strong push for him and he was going to be our #1 target. I guess things have changed now.

Anyone remember that?

yeah, but that was before we knew KC would but the transition tag on him. I think we'de have to pay him over 6 mil this year alone to top the tendered amount

"Tait was deciding between the Bears and Dolphins."

Does that hint that we made an offer? I don't know how the hell we would be able to afford Woody and Tait, but I prefer Woody.

Wow, I have been saying that picking up two guards would be first priority. However, if we were able to pick up Tait and Woody...gosh I think I goul live with Nails or one of the youngin's playing the other spot.

Could you imagine:
Smith
McKinney
Woody
Nails
Tait

That would be some beef for Ricky to run behind there boy.

Tait to visit Fins

Dolphins to Entertain Tait
March 3rd, 2004
ESPN.com reports that to possibly counter Wade's departure, the Dolphins will entertain Kansas City Chiefs right offensive tackle John Tait on Wednesday evening and Thursday. The Chiefs have designated Tait as a "transition" free agent, meaning they retain the right to match any offer he signs with another team. If Tait signs an offer sheet with another club, Kansas City would have seven days to match it. If they declined to match all of the principle terms of the offer sheet, Tait would go to the other team and the Chiefs would receive no compensation.

Re: Tait to visit Fins

Originally posted by LetsGoFins
Dolphins to Entertain Tait
March 3rd, 2004
ESPN.com reports that to possibly counter Wade's departure, the Dolphins will entertain Kansas City Chiefs right offensive tackle John Tait on Wednesday evening and Thursday. The Chiefs have designated Tait as a "transition" free agent, meaning they retain the right to match any offer he signs with another team. If Tait signs an offer sheet with another club, Kansas City would have seven days to match it. If they declined to match all of the principle terms of the offer sheet, Tait would go to the other team and the Chiefs would receive no compensation.

hmmmmmmmmmmm. whats a tait cost?

Back
Top Bottom