Merged: Tait ours if we want him?/To visit Fins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Tait ours if we want him?/To visit Fins

I would think he would be in the 6 million range (thats per year) to get him in here. You can always fix the contract in a way to be kind to the cap and force the Chiefs hand.

i don't like this....we make an offer, that counts against the cap for as long as it's being considered....that means we are stuck in a wait-and-see pattern for at least a week while other tackles sign deals elsewhere.....and then if the Cheifs match, we're SOL....again.

Originally posted by Snickersbps
yeah, but that was before we knew KC would but the transition tag on him. I think we'de have to pay him over 6 mil this year alone to top the tendered amount

what about giving him a 10 mil bonus? that way, it doesnt kill us so much on the cap this year with like 4 mil/season. this is tuff cus wade just signed his deal.

That is the risk vs. reward. Perhaps the best way to go about it is to try and lock up Woody, Jeno or whoever first. Then we play it by ear. If Tait is available in a week or so, afer our other holes are filled, take a shot at it.

We would have to give Tait a "Todd Wade" type of deal...something exaggerrated b/c if not the Chiefs will match...for that, we would've sign Wade...I think we'lll sign Woody and Jeno then we can sign a tackle to compete like Travis from Atlanta or Damien Mcintosh along w/ drafting a Tackle in the draft

Wow, this is very good news.

However, we will indeed have to overpay since KC has the right to match. And if we do sign him, it would pretty much bring our free agent activity to a halt.....since Kansas City would likely use all seven days before announcing a decision (as most teams do).

I have a feeling that the Chiefs are just going to let Tait negotiate with other teams and then match the deal as long as they can afford it. The Chiefs offensive line was great last year and I doubt they are interested in letting a linemen like Tait just leave. I think Tait will be playing for the Chiefs next season.

Back
Top Bottom