Merged: Tait ours if we want him?/To visit Fins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Tait ours if we want him?/To visit Fins

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I have a feeling that the Chiefs are just going to let Tait negotiate with other teams and then match the deal as long as they can afford it. The Chiefs offensive line was great last year and I doubt they are interested in letting a linemen like Tait just leave. I think Tait will be playing for the Chiefs next season.
that does make a lot of sense...

or the Bears will outbid us
TAIT TO GET AN OFFER TODAY?

Completing our Wednesday morning trifecta of Bears' tidbits, look for the Monsters of the Midway to make an offer on Wednesday to Chiefs offensive tackle John Tait.
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Originally posted by finfan54

what about giving him a 10 mil bonus? that way, it doesnt kill us so much on the cap this year with like 4 mil/season. this is tuff cus wade just signed his deal.

You can be guaranteed that the Chiefs will match that.

Todd Wade is looking better and better by the hour.

This brings up and interesting question. Do you leave Tait at RT or move him back to LT...Remember he was the Chiefs LT before they traded for Roaf. IMO if we see a huge contract they fins will most likely entertain lining him up at LT which typical commands a higher salary. This would also mean that we are most likely looking at RT with our 3rd rd pick (Pape) and are giving Smith a clear message. This is just speculation on my part but you play your best 5 and if Tait at LT makes us better I'm all for it.

Also, taking this versitility into consideration I would definitely pay him more than Wade. Wade was strickly a RT.

Back
Top Bottom