Merged: Teams in the market to draft a QB in the first round? / Rothlisberger | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Teams in the market to draft a QB in the first round? / Rothlisberger

Boone

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm dreaming of Ben Roethlisberger in a Dolphins uniform!

I'm watching Miami Ohio completely walk over Louisville...I wished Miami Dolphins could get him in the draft next year....I know it will be impossible...:cry:

Oh well...It's gonna be cool to see him play in the NFL next year... :)

92104_BenRoethlisbergerJPG-1.jpg

I'm not watching the game but Roethlisberger has been on my wish list for a few months. He's going to be a star in the NFL one day.

we might have a shot a decent QB this year, there's only a couple other teams in desperate need of a QB that would take them as a first pick. with the imminent departure of OGun, maybe they can take those 2 #1's and move up.

Re: I'm dreaming of Ben Roethlisberger in a Dolphins uniform!

Originally posted by Boone
I'm watching Miami Ohio completely walk over Louisville...I wished Miami Dolphins could get him in the draft next year....I know it will be impossible...:cry:

Oh well...It's gonna be cool to see him play in the NFL next year... :)

92104_BenRoethlisbergerJPG-1.jpg
is that christina aguillera??
ugghhh

I looked up the standings, as of now i do not know what there is on who has picks in what order (trades from previous years, etc.), but these are the teams that would possibly be ahead of the dolphins in the draft record-wise:
1.Arizona
2.San Diego
3.Atlanta
4.Detroit
5.NY Giants
6.Jacksonville
7.Cleveland
8.Washington
9.Houston
10.Pittsburgh
11.Buffalo
12.Chicago
13.San Fran
14.NY Jets
15.Tampa Bay
16.New Orleans
17.Minnesota
18.Seattle
19.Green Bay
20.Cincy
21.Baltimore
22.Miami

That is alot of teams, the way i see it, the teams that probably wont draft a QB in the 1st round out of those are; San Diego, Atlanta, Detroit, Jacksonville, Washington, Houston, Buffalo, Chicago, SanFran, Jets, Tampa, New Orleans, Minnesota, Seattle, Green Bay, Cincy and Baltimore, that leaves Arizona, Cleveland, NY Giants, i left oakland out of that but i am putting them here, and Pittsburgh. I think Cleveland will keep Couch, he's been performing well for them over the past few weeks and he said he would stay for less money, Pittsburgh needs defensive backs and a young runningback to learn under bettis before a QB i think, the Giants have jesse palmer, im not sure what the situation on him is, i think oakland will definately draft a QB and Arizona will probably draft a QB. I am seeing 3 qb's i would definately want to have in this upcoming draft, manning, roethlishberger, and philip rivers from nc state, even if the standings dont keep the way they are, the only other teams in the nfl that would need a qb in the 1st is possibly dallas. I think if the dolphins are smart (which in recent history they have not been) they will be able to draft one of those three qb's as the 1st pick.

Roethlisberger (i had to copy and pase his name for crying out loud. it's like a puzzle spelling it) is in reach. he'll most likley go near the end the 10 pick.

a deal i would love to see is..

miami trading up to the 8th or 10 spot by giving their 3rd this year, and a 2nd next year (obviously trading spots in the 1st round). a team could go from 8th to 16th, and get some picks.

plus ogun might also fetch a 3rd... so we might not lose out.

Roethlisburger (i spelt it right this time) is not out of reach.

plus if we don't get him, we still have a shot at Losman, and Rivers. so whatever happens is good.

yea, but we are assuming A. miami trades for those and B. whoever is in control of picking next year GETS WHAT WE NEED

Originally posted by ZThomas54

That is alot of teams, the way i see it, the teams that probably wont draft a QB in the 1st round out of those are; San Diego, Atlanta, Detroit, Jacksonville, Washington, Houston, Buffalo, Chicago, SanFran, Jets, Tampa, New Orleans, Minnesota, Seattle, Green Bay, Cincy and Baltimore, that leaves Arizona, Cleveland, NY Giants, i left oakland out of that but i am putting them here, and Pittsburgh. I think Cleveland will keep Couch, he's been performing well for them over the past few weeks and he said he would stay for less money, Pittsburgh needs defensive backs and a young runningback to learn under bettis before a QB i think, the Giants have jesse palmer, im not sure what the situation on him is, i think oakland will definately draft a QB and Arizona will probably draft a QB. I am seeing 3 qb's i would definately want to have in this upcoming draft, manning, roethlishberger, and philip rivers from nc state, even if the standings dont keep the way they are, the only other teams in the nfl that would need a qb in the 1st is possibly dallas. I think if the dolphins are smart (which in recent history they have not been) they will be able to draft one of those three qb's as the 1st pick.

I wish the draft worked like that but, teams always find a place for a talented player like Manning or Rothlisberger. The Fins would have a shot at guys like Losman or Rivers but not Manning or Rothlisberger. Unless they trade up.

What other NFL teams are in the market to draft a QB in the first round?

I'm watching the GMAC bowl right now and Miami (OH) QB Ben Roethlisberger is absolutely lighting it up. I've seen a couple of his other games this year and he is the real deal regardless of competition. With Eli Manning likely being the first QB selected in April, Miami could possibly have a shot at drafting Big Ben (and if not him perhaps NC State QB Philip Rivers who plays Monday night in the Tangerine Bowl) depending on how the draft order works out, who needs a QB and if Miami gets an additional first round pick for Ogunleye. What teams, other than the Phins, really need to draft a stud QB?

Update

Miami Ohio 35
Louisville 7

about 6:00 until halftime....

Teams that would draft a guy like Rothlisberger and Manning include...

Pittsburgh
Oakland
N.Y. Giants
Green Bay
Carolina
San Francisco
Arizona

Originally posted by finsfan4life
Teams that would draft a guy like Rothlisberger and Manning include...

Pittsburgh
Oakland
N.Y. Giants
Green Bay
Carolina
San Francisco
Arizona

Pitt: Maybe
Oakland: They really like Tuisasopo
Giants: Kerry Collins is only one year removed from his best season.
Green Bay: favre says three more years.
Carolina: Delhomme just had a very good year.
San Francisco: NO WAY. Garcia and Rattay.
Arizona: Definately a QB in 1st round.

I think that we really have a shot at one of the top QB's.

Originally posted by Section126

Pitt: Maybe
Oakland: They really like Tuisasopo
Giants: Kerry Collins is only one year removed from his best season.
Green Bay: favre says three more years.
Carolina: Delhomme just had a very good year.
San Francisco: NO WAY. Garcia and Rattay.
Arizona: Definately a QB in 1st round.

I think that we really have a shot at one of the top QB's.

No disrespect but, there is NO WAY the Fins get Manning or Rothlisberger without trading up.

Back
Top Bottom