Merged: Teams in the market to draft a QB in the first round? / Rothlisberger | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Teams in the market to draft a QB in the first round? / Rothlisberger

I wouldn't count out San Diego drafting a QB with their 1st pick. They're not all that impressed with Brees.

Roethlisberger is a junior and has not decided yet whether he is coming out or not... at least that is what he is saying... boith announcers last night commented that he should and had two words for him if he is not sure: Willis McGahee. Roethlisberger played the part well, saying his sole focus is was on the bowl game, and he had not even started to make the determinations as to whether he was coing out or not. i think he will, for what it is worth, but there is always the chance he will do what Peyton Manning did and stay, and a heisman trophy would make him all the more valuable.

He announced it after the game............"I am going to make myself eligible for the NFL draft." (exact words.)

He is coming out and I think we need to make a run for him. If you want a guy bad enough you can get him. He is a guy that can help us in 2 years. Hopefully we are in position to get him with a trade.

Ben would be awesome but we would have to give up a lot to get him....the only way I could think that we might be able to get him is if we get two first round picks and need to trade up into spots 1-3...who's got the #1 pick as of now??? and do they need a QB??? A lot of things come into play....if we do trade the other team would probably want our 2 first rounders this year...O-Gun if he leaves will help us get that other first rounder...we have our own and one for O-Gun...I have this bad feeling that someone in our division will bid high for O-Gun...I could see the Jets or Pats trying to get him...The Pats are loaded with picks in the upcoming draft....John Abraham will probably be let go by the Jets...b/c he's injury prone...he is great when he's healthy but I could see a divison rival trying to screw us big time.

Originally posted by burghPhinFan
we might have a shot a decent QB this year, there's only a couple other teams in desperate need of a QB that would take them as a first pick. with the imminent departure of OGun, maybe they can take those 2 #1's and move up.

I heard that the 1st rounder will be for next year. Is this the case?? If so It would be tough to get up high enough to go after any decent QB (one that may be able to contribute soon). If by some stroke of luck both 1st rounders are this year I would hope they could find a way to make manning a top priority. The teams that need a QB (like arizona) typically also have additional needs and two 1st rounder may benefit them more. Like the Vick trade a few years ago.

Back
Top Bottom