Merged: Teams in the market to draft a QB in the first round? / Rothlisberger | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Teams in the market to draft a QB in the first round? / Rothlisberger

I think the Bills need to take a QB as well, I think Drew has lost it and they have to plan for the future.

Hey Pats4life, that Zach Thomas sig has lost it's meaning....Zach is getting the reputation as a wack job.

Arizonia just put Josh Mcown in and he did fairly well for his first game against a good defense. Hopefully he does even better next week.

Maybe we have reached the year that bad teams quit drafting QB's in the first round. :D

Originally posted by Section126
Hey Pats4life, that Zach Thomas sig has lost it's meaning....Zach is getting the reputation as a wack job.

Really how come? I have always liked Zack he tells it like it is? ;)

I just looked through the standings and I think it's a very good year in terms of talent and teams below us to need a QB. Although I think we may be receiving a castoff in the offseason and going wide receiver in the first.

Some people are starting to think that the guy is not stable. Maybe to many hits to the head.

There are stories going around of his mood swings and freak outs.

Here's one:

After the Indy game he was watching film with the backers and he ripped into Greenwood on blowing an assignment. The next play on the film showed E. James running right over Zach. Morlon then asked Zach what was that? and Zach wanted to fight and began throwing chairs.

We need to win a super bowl quick for Zach's mental health.

Originally posted by Section126
Some people are starting to think that the guy is not stable. Maybe to many hits to the head.

There are stories going around of his mood swings and freak outs.

Here's one:

After the Indy game he was watching film with the backers and he ripped into Greenwood on blowing an assignment. The next play on the film showed E. James running right over Zach. Morlon then asked Zach what was that? and Zach wanted to fight and began throwing chairs.

We need to win a super bowl quick for Zach's mental health.

I remember that hit at the goal line. I remember thinking THG?

Originally posted by ZThomas54
but these are the teams that would possibly be ahead of the dolphins in the draft record-wise:

Where's Oakland?? ;)

New England trade.

Our number 1 for two number 2's.

The need on offense is so great that we need at least three picks before the end of the third round. A one and three isn't going to cut it.

Originally posted by ZOD
I just looked through the standings and I think it's a very good year in terms of talent and teams below us to need a QB. Although I think we may be receiving a castoff in the offseason and going wide receiver in the first.
I hope you're wrong about going WR in the first as I think the draft is as deep as it's ever been at that position and studs may be available as far as early in day two. Ideally, and this is probably just a pipe dream depending on how the top of round one plays out, I'd love either Roethlisberger or Rivers to be sitting there several picks before our first pick (assuming Ogunleye leaves via RFA and Miami gets a first in return) with a team that doesn't need a QB on the board. We trade them two firsts for their first and second and get one of those QB's with the first and an OL (or possibly a WR if one too good to pass up is sitting there) with the second. I don't know if such a trade is plausible based on that draft pick value chart, but it sure would be nice if Miami had a full complement of draft picks for a change.

EDIT: if a team like Washington, who has a history of signing RFA's, needs a pass-rushing DE with the retirement of Bruce Smith and, as of now, a top ten draft pick signs Ogunleye, Miami wouldn't need to trade up to get a stud QB. Again, I'm sure it's another pipe dream on my part.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update

Miami Ohio 35
Louisville 28

end of 3rd qrt...

Originally posted by Blueprint_21

miami trading up to the 8th or 10 spot by giving their 3rd this year, and a 2nd next year (obviously trading spots in the 1st round). a team could go from 8th to 16th, and get some picks.

That would be great. We can sign John Tait, a vet QB(in case/likely Roethcheeseberger isn't ready), and use our original pick on a guy like Michael Clayton.

Originally posted by finsfan4life

No disrespect but, there is NO WAY the Fins get Manning or Rothlisberger without trading up.

It's a done deal - Rothlisberger is going to the Raiders. Denny Green will be their new head coach, along with new WR Keyshawn Johnson. WRs Rice and Brown will officially retire, giving the Raiders the room to sign Johnson and other free agents.

Back
Top Bottom