Merged: Tebucky Jones | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Tebucky Jones

I am just wondering what we are going to give up for him.

Is Jones a cheap guy or his he a guy they wants alot of money?

hes quick, but that dont mean much. i guess i would take him, but im not thrilled over it. hes never been a playmaker.

Tebucky Jones?

New Orleans officials have ramped up trade talks in an effort to deal a pair of defensive starters, end Darren Howard and free safety Tebucky Jones, and hope to soon complete trades of both veteran players. The Saints and Miami Dolphins have spent considerable time in the past two days, in fact, working on a deal involving Jones, the leading tackler for New Orleans in 2004.

Jones, acquired in a 2003 trade with the New England Patriots, became expendable when the Saints signed unrestricted veteran free safety Dwight Smith last week. The Saints regard Smith as a better playmaker, a safety who can create takeaways, something for which Jones was not noted. A heavy hitter, who performs best when close to the line of scrimmage, Jones is probably better suited to playing strong safety.

He had 102 tackles in 2004, the first season in which Jones started all 16 games, but posted only two interceptions in two seasons with the Saints. If a deal is not completed for Jones over the weekend, the Saints will consider releasing him next week.

Is he a free agent? Is he an upgrade from Knight? Are we going backwards, forward or sideways? I always liked Jones when he was a Patriot, he seemed like a big hitter and a smart player.

Didnt you see the other thread with the title Tebucky Jones also?

BSQX4 said:
Is he a free agent? Is he an upgrade from Knight? Are we going backwards, forward or sideways? I always liked Jones when he was a Patriot, he seemed like a big hitter and a smart player.

No, the Saints are looking to trade him since they picked up Dwight Smith this offseason. They are looking to trade him soon, or they will probably release him. I say that if we really want him that bad, just wait until he becomes a free agent -- that way we don't give up a player and money to get him (just money).

No, and I actually scanned the whole first page. I think it popped up as I was cutting and pasting. Sorry.

You know he will always play hard. Tebucky had like 4 or 5 kids by the age of 19 still in college. The guy needs a good full-time job and will give it his all. LOL

Seriously, New England franchised him I believe a few years back. The guy can play he just needs to be in the right system.

Back
Top Bottom