Merged: Tebucky Jones | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Tebucky Jones

Jones was playing out of position with the saints.He is a natural strong safety. They had him playing FS.

He's a great special teams player, and a great athlete. He's a below average safety though. He can't catch to save his life and he often tackles his own players.

MikeO said:
And it isn't like Jones is old. He isn't even 30 years old yet I believe. The guy would be fine in our secondary. In our situation he is the perfect fit.
I think you are right MIke..under Saban he wants more run support against the run...and Jones is very talented athletically...he has some short comings..no doubt...but he won't break the bank...and is a big hitter.

Dudeman said:
while I disagree wholeheartedly about your 2 year plan to the SB, Tebucky (I think) would be a good fit here. He is very athletic, fast (CB speed in a safety body) that would definitely be an upgrade over Freeman. Now, if the reports are true, and he's gonna be released next week anyway, why not just give the Saints our 7th rounder? I mean, they'd be getting a pick, albeit a late one, instead of getting NOTHING if they just released him
The reasoning behind trading for him before he gets released is that we don't have to get into a bidding war(money wise) with other teams for his services. If he gets released..he hits the open market...and multiple teams can offer him anything. No more than a 7th though to trade for him.

I haven't seen much of T-Buck since his days in New England but I wouldnt be opposed to bringing him in. I dont think it's going to cost us much either. The Saints are just trying to get some new faces on defense (much like we are), and just because they want to get rid of him doesn't mean he isnt any good.

As for Darius and Sharper, I would rather have one of them, but you have to be realistic as far as salary goes. IMO those guys would cost too much, and T-Buck would be more affordable.

I like what Saban is doing on defense though.

T. Jones was a running back at Syracuse his first three years and then moved to SS as a senior and D.Darius was the FS. They reaked havoc at the Cuse. I'll take Jones, he's fast (for a SS), smart and can hit.

NYPhinFan said:
The reasoning behind trading for him before he gets released is that we don't have to get into a bidding war(money wise) with other teams for his services. If he gets released..he hits the open market...and multiple teams can offer him anything. No more than a 7th though to trade for him.

huh? I said to trade a 7th...I wasn't asking why we should trade for him

Does anybody know the asking price for Tebucky Jones? He had his best season last year with 102 tackles 1 Fumble recovery and 1 INT. I would love to have him here, but I hope the compensation isn't too much.

If we sign him, it won't be for much, so lets not go crazy. Theres no real point in asking "Will he be cheap?" because if hes not, hes not gonna be playing here.

Guys, looks like a 7th rounder might be all that it takes.
Howard is not the only player the Saints are trying to deal. The team also has shopped tight end Boo Williams and free safety Tebucky Jones, two NFL sources said. Miami has expressed interest in Jones, sources said. If Jones isn't dealt by Monday, he is expected to be released.
http://www.nola.com/sports/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-17/111061101899980.xml

Now some of you may say, well lets just wait until Monday. BUT, if we trade say a 2006 7th round pick(which we have TWO of), we would then not have to be in a bidding war that would drive his price up.

i would take darrious out of choice. harder hitter, more aware in coverage, more of a play maker. but would he come at a two higher price

Dudeman said:
huh? I said to trade a 7th...I wasn't asking why we should trade for him
Sorry about that...misread your post...I have the same thought as you.

Back
Top Bottom