Merged: Tebucky Jones | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Tebucky Jones

We signed Knight after he led the Saints in tackles, and that worked out well. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

THe year we got Sammy Knight, Jones was available then....and I wanted him then. He will be the best safety we've had since Marion's first few years with the Fins.

I don't want Tebucky Jones. He wasn;t that good in the Patriots, even Belicheck cut him.

Why are we interested in trading for him anyway? It was reported he would be released...I hope we're only giving up a 6th or 7th for him.

Dolphins | Interested in Acquiring Jones - from www.KFFL.com
Sat, 12 Mar 2005 11:00:36 -0800

Jeff Duncan, of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, reports the Miami Dolphins have expressed interest in acquiring S Tebucky Jones from the New Orleans Saints. However, as reported, the Saints could release Jones before he is due a $400,000 roster bonus next week.

Tebucky is a great athlete. When he was coming out of Syracuse, there were some scouts that felt he had the ability to be a cornerback. The only thing that has kept him from being an all pro is that he's a dumb as a stick.

It would definitely create an interesting situation if Miami deals Surtain to Jacksonville for Darius. Jones and Darius would be a formidable safety tandem.

Anyone remember a couple of years ago in New England (I was there :( ) when the Dolphins were in the Red Zone and the little dump pass on the 5 went to Lamar Smith which was immediately followed with a crushing hit delivered by who other than Tebucky Jones. It jarred the ball loose, the Patriots recovered and eventually went on to win the game.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. Anyway, I think it would be a solid addition to this ball club, he's a very good athlete, but I remember him being questioned up here for his smarts during his stint with the Patriots.

Predaphin said:
Why are we interested in trading for him anyway? It was reported he would be released...I hope we're only giving up a 6th or 7th for him.

Dolphins | Interested in Acquiring Jones - from www.KFFL.com
Sat, 12 Mar 2005 11:00:36 -0800

Jeff Duncan, of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, reports the Miami Dolphins have expressed interest in acquiring S Tebucky Jones from the New Orleans Saints. However, as reported, the Saints could release Jones before he is due a $400,000 roster bonus next week.

If we can get him for a 7th then we dont have to get into a bidding war with other teams. Eventhough he will not attract many teams, trading for him will keep the price down. We can then make the deal contingent on agreeing to a new deal. If we cant come to terms with his agent on a new deal that is good for us, then we say no thanks.

JCfinfan said:
If we can get him for a 7th then we dont have to get into a bidding war with other teams. Eventhough he will not attract many teams, trading for him will keep the price down. We can then make the deal contingent on agreeing to a new deal. If we cant come to terms with his agent on a new deal that is good for us, then we say no thanks.
Yes, trading a 7th for him would be better then letting him hit the market and driving his price up. Plus, parting with a 2006 7th round pick would not be bad, since we do have an extra one from the Green Bay trade.

Pleas say no to Tebuckey. He simply is NOT a playmaker.

T. Jones is nothing more than a special teamer....and he's not worth a mid round draft pick that the saints are asking for.

fishypete said:
T. Jones is nothing more than a special teamer....and he's not worth a mid round draft pick that the saints are asking for.
Special Teamer? Come on now, I think he can be a very good Strong Saftey for us. He did lead the Saints in tackling last year.

Back
Top Bottom