Merged: Tebucky Jones | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Tebucky Jones

JCfinfan said:
If we can get him for a 7th then we dont have to get into a bidding war with other teams. Eventhough he will not attract many teams, trading for him will keep the price down. We can then make the deal contingent on agreeing to a new deal. If we cant come to terms with his agent on a new deal that is good for us, then we say no thanks.
Here's the thing: We only have 5 draft picks this year a 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 7th. (We might get a compensatory pick, though, because we lost Knight and Greenwood)

The point is, I don't feel comfortable going into the draft with 4 picks! Especially if our plan is to build our team through the draft. This is why I feel that we should trade Surtain for draft picks instead of a player.

Many people don't realize it but there are still quality, cheap safeties on the market like Brian Russell, Antuan Edwards, Keion Carpenter, Tyrone Carter, Dexter Jackson, Ifeanyi Ohalete, Brian Walker (he is old, though), and Arturo Freeman! (little to no interest has been shown in him, so he might be willing to resign at a fair price)

jab said:
Here's the thing: We only have 5 draft picks this year a 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 7th. (We might get a compensatory pick, though, because we lost Knight and Greenwood)

The point is, I don't feel comfortable going into the draft with 4 picks! Especially if our plan is to build our team through the draft. This is why I feel that we should trade Surtain for draft picks instead of a player.

Many people don't realize it but there are still quality, cheap safeties on the market like Brian Russell, Antuan Edwards, Keion Carpenter, Tyrone Carter, Dexter Jackson, Ifeanyi Ohalete, Brian Walker (he is old, though), and Arturo Freeman! (little to no interest has been shown in him, so he might be willing to resign at a fair price)
We would probably trade a 2006 7th rounder for him. Right now, we have TWO 7th round picks in 2006.

Nublar7 said:
We would probably trade a 2006 7th rounder for him. Right now, we have TWO 7th round picks in 2006.
ok, I can part with 2006 7th rounder, however the Saints might ask for more.

without reading everyones opinion first and jumping into my first thoughts......I thought he was a first rounder with speed and talent.......NE just couldn't afford himand dealt him away.

Phinz4Life said:
Don't want him. Rather draft a safety.
I would do both. Trade a 7th for Jones put him at SS, then draft a Saftey in the mid-rounds and let the rookie compete with Tillman, Bell and Bua for the starrting role.

ryancall32 said:
No, the Saints are looking to trade him since they picked up Dwight Smith this offseason. They are looking to trade him soon, or they will probably release him. I say that if we really want him that bad, just wait until he becomes a free agent -- that way we don't give up a player and money to get him (just money).[/QUOTE

Is "releasing" him the same as him being "waved"? If so, this risk with that is if we wait for them to release him, he would have to pass thru wavers before we could pick him up.

The good news about that is that the 49er's are the only team ahead of us to decide if they want to sign him (based on our 2004 records)

Is "releasing" him the same as him being "waved"? If so, this risk with that is if we wait for them to release him, he would have to pass thru wavers before we could pick him up.

not in the offseason. ifs he released, he can go anywhere he wants

Back
Top Bottom