Merged:Terry Bradshaw.... is a Moron/....has a good read on Culpepper | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Terry Bradshaw.... is a Moron/....has a good read on Culpepper

I haven't read all seven pages, but I can tell you I really am not that concerned about what a guy who had one more TD than interception for his career and a paltry 52% career completion rate has to say about passing skills.

nyjunc said:
Absolutely, I said it before it happened and I am saying it now. Check my last post before this one and tell me what you think.
I think you're giving to much credit/putting too much of the blame on the QB for wins and losses. The other 52 members of the team and the coaching staff aren't as inconsequential as you might think.

somebody has a good read on Culpepper

I highlighted the key points I've been trying to give you about Daunte.

Terry Bradshaw rips Culpepper

By Keven Lerner
Sun-Sentinel.com
Posted March 16 2006, 1:11 PM EST

Terry Bradshaw, one of the most prolific quarterbacks in NFL history, doesn't think Dolphins fans should get too excited about the acquisition of Daunte Culpepper.

"I am not sold on him being a top quarterback," Bradshaw told South Florida radio station 790 The Ticket Thursday morning. "I'm just not. I never was really. I'm just not sold on him being a top player at all. We'll just have to see."

LocalLinks

Bradshaw, a FOX Sports NFL studio analyst, also expressed serious doubt that he'll be ready to start the season opener as Culpepper has stated.

"I don't know when he's even going to be healthy," said Bradshaw, who led the Pittsburgh Steelers to four Super Bowl championships. "He says he's going to be healthy. He had a pretty serious knee injury. I don't see him being ready in four months. Every athlete says they're ahead of schedule. What's ahead of schedule? He's better off taking the full year and let it heal up totally than to push it.

"Right now, you get caught in the moment. I don't see him being ready by the start of the season. If he is, good for him. But I just don't see it."

Bradshaw, who was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility in 1989, believes former teammate Randy Moss deserves much of the credit for his success in Minnesota.

"Here's what you get with Daunte . . . His best years were with Randy Moss," said Bradshaw. "In the past, he's had Randy just air it out. He had a horrible year last year (without Moss), forcing balls into coverage. When he felt the pressure was on his shoulders, he didn't play well."

Bradshaw also questioned Culpepper's leadership abilities, citing the infamous boat-party scandal that Culpepper and three teammates were involved in that took place on Minnesota's Lake Minnetonka in October. The former Central Florida star was charged with three misdemeanors of indecent behavior and lewdness. He recently entered an innocent plea and claimed racial discrimination.

"Plus we have the leadership problems now being on the boat," said Bradshaw. "Quarterbacking entails maturity level, teamwork, keeping teammates together and having the respect of them. There's a lot of mending to do here. I'm not saying he can't and that it won't happen. Change of venue is very good for him."

I doubt last year is the first time he felt pressure. Its just a good example for those who don't like him to use as ammunition.

Why not look at his entire career?

Ya Think said:
I highlighted the key points I've been trying to give you about Daunte.

I'm not saying he can't and that it won't happen. Change of venue is very good for him."
there, I highlighted one for you too.

Terry Bradshaw has a right to his opinion, however I have the right to mine and I find that Bradshaw is completly uneducated on the matter. He is also making no sence by emphasising the boat incedent; there are players in the NFL that have killed people, D-Roll got a lap dance on a charter boat

Majpain said:
He is a garbage QB.He was just a average QB with the best supporting cast.Not everyone should speak of football and Bradshaw is one of them.

Maybe, but he was a leader, and that is a major quality in a QB

PassRush said:
Terry Bradshaw has a right to his opinion, however I have the right to mine and I find that Bradshaw is completly uneducated on the matter. He is also making no sence by emphasising the boat incedent; there are players in the NFL that have killed people, D-Roll got a lap dance on a charter boat

I still find that amazing. Hell, from the police report, DC didn't do anything I couldn't have told my wife about. She wouldn't have been thrilled, but I could tell her that night. ("Dear, you should have seen what Fred did! You wouldn't believe it. I patted one on the butt, but Fred and Bryant? My, my!")

trouble with Daunte

inFINSible said:
there, I highlighted one for you too.

I don't know how many times I have to say it but there is nothing wrong with Daunte's physical ability, he's a freak of nature & has all the physical tools.

The problems with Daunte are in his character, how he handles pressure situations & leadership skills, all pretty important things for a QB don't Ya Think? A change of scenery is not going to change who he is.

Terry has always spoke his mind... ( which ever one he was in).
But he is right on Culpepper's best years were with Moss.

But he is in Miami now and we will have to wait and see if he good to go or not.
Hopefully he will bring something to the Dolphins,that can take us to the next step a Super Bowl win.
GO DOLPHINS..........

nyjunc said:
I didn't say pennington was going to have a good year I siad IF he was healthy he'd have a good year b/c when he is healthy he is one of the top QBs in the league. Let's break it down like this:

-Since 2002 Chad has been the starter for the Jets, in the 2 seasons he played at least 3/4 of games the Jets won the div in '02 and in both years made the div rd. In the 2 years he didn't play at least 3/4 of games the Jets won 10 games in 2 years combined. Since '02 w/ Chad the Jets are 21-16(2 losses occurred in very winnable games after he got hurt) and w/o him the Jets are 12-19.

-Since 2000 Daunte has been the starter in Minny and has guided them to the playoffs just twice(one time at 8-8) in a weak div and conf. In the games he has started Minny is 38-42, in the 16 games he has missed since 2001 the Vikings are 10-6.

Let's seperate those #s:

Jets w/ Chad: 21-16
Jets w/o Chad: 12-19

Vikes w/ daunte: 38-42
Vikes w/o Daunte: 10-6

let's also not forget that the Jets have played in the much tougher div and conference having not only a conf full of great teams but a dynasty team w/in it's division.

He is a fantasy QB, he is not a winner.

HAHAHA Are you trying to say Chad is better pepper ?? Please tell me that's not what you are trying to say. No qb's that are available via trade, draft FA is better than Pep. so what are you guys going to do about a QB?

Back
Top Bottom