Merged: The Karlos Dansby Thread/Miami Is His First Visit on Friday (Signed) | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Karlos Dansby Thread/Miami Is His First Visit on Friday (Signed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Free agent Karlos Dansby indicated in an ESPN interview early Friday that the Redskins are not out of the mix to sign him.
"Washington is definitely a place I'm looking at," he said. "My gate is wide open right now. I'm going to take every visit." ESPN's Adam Schefter and SI's Peter King both report that Washington is taking a wait-and-see approach in the first wave of free agency. It's possible that Dansby is using the Skins idea to boost his market because Dan Snyder is usually so aggressive.
Source: Washington Post

dont like that

Much easier to fin him on a private jet! There is only a couple fixed based operator they park at Ft. Lauderdale International. My bet is Signature Flight Services or Sheltair!

Yeah he probably wants as little attention or reporters questioning him in an airport as possible, so I would think he would fly to a smaller airport or find a way to complete avoid the media. I just hope we make him a great offer and he takes it so we don't get into a bidding war. We are the only "warm weather" team apparently in the hunt, unless you believe Omar Kelly saying the Falcons have jumped into it, which I think is B.S. :lol:

We better get Dansby done tomorrow!!!! Signing a free agent is like the "Be BAck Bus in sales" that bus is always full and once they get on it they never comeback!

Yeah he probably wants as little attention or reporters questioning him in an airport as possible, so I would think he would fly to a smaller airport or find a way to complete avoid the media. I just hope we make him a great offer and he takes it so we don't get into a bidding war. We are the only "warm weather" team apparently in the hunt, unless you believe Omar Kelly saying the Falcons have jumped into it, which I think is B.S. :lol:

Well the smaller airports would be Ft. Lauderdale Executive or North Perry which is right by the stadium.

Dansby will talk to drive his price up. It's part of the bargaining process. You can't live and die by everything that is said or you'll drive yourself nuts. Wait and see how it plays out. The Dolphins being his first stop indicates to me his preference to play here.

Dansby will talk to drive his price up. It's part of the bargaining process. You can't live and die by everything that is said or you'll drive yourself nuts. Wait and see how it plays out. The Dolphins being his first stop indicates to me his preference to play here.

I better be his last stop! Enough of us not getting a top tier guy!

I think the Dolphins top the Bart Scott deal by the Jets and will get him. Also, I have read a report that PFT left out Dansby stating "if Miami don't pay me" from it's post on his interest in the Skins.

DANSBY ON THE WAY according to nfl network.

ok. one more time.

at about 10:45 tonight on NFL NETWORK at the bottom ticker
under breaking news, jason lacanfor said that dansby was on the
plane to miami and would be meeting with the finz early friday
morning.

he also said that unless something unforseen came up in the
negotiations,dansby will possably sign as soon as tomarrow!!

[GOONBOSS, did you get my pm?]

ok. one more time.

at about 10:45 tonight on NFL NETWORK at the bottom ticker
under breaking news, jason lacanfor said that dansby was on the
plane to miami and would be meeting with the finz early friday
morning.

he also said that unless something unforseen came up in the
negotiations,dansby will possably sign as soon as tomarrow!!

[GOONBOSS, did you get my pm?]

Your other one of this is up in the "Official FA Thread"

The first one you posted is in this thread. I already answered your question in the Site Related.

sounds like from what they were saying on nfl network is that if dansby leaves tomorrow without a contract signed, he wont be coming back for another visit and you might as well kiss him goodbye. they also said that he is the dolphins number one priority in free agency. seems like the interest it mutual. the question is...will we pay him enough for him to sign? it sounds like its pretty much a given that we'll find out tomorrow morning if he'll be a fin or not.

sounds like from what they were saying on nfl network is that if dansby leaves tomorrow without a contract signed, he wont be coming back for another visit and you might as well kiss him goodbye. they also said that he is the dolphins number one priority in free agency. seems like the interest it mutual. the question is...will we pay him enough for him to sign? it sounds like its pretty much a given that we'll find out tomorrow morning if he'll be a fin or not.
I think we can land him...by not over paying or making an insane offer to Rolle, I think the FO basically showed what they are wanting to do. I'm sure Dansby wants to "be legendary" and play for a contender too. With Washington, he would be further away from that than with us

Every official report from every team with supposed interest in the guy comes up that they're not particularly interested.

The Giants are rumored. The Giants say they pass.

The Redskins are rumored. The Redskins say they'd rather spend the money on Peppers.

And now, at the 11th hour, the Falcons are interested?

Once again, I call bull****. This is Todd France, his agent, orchestrating things the way he's paid to do, using the buddy-buddy system agents and reporters set up long ago to get rumblings and rumors in the air so the Dolphins will be that little bit more eager/desperate to open their wallets.

My sense is that the only team in the NFL willing to pony up the $ is the Dolphins. And you know what, he's a great fit for our defense, a good character guy, a durable guy, and certainly an upgrade. I'm a fan. He'll play well for us. I can only hope every eager beaver in this thread recognizes he's not a truly elite player or anything, and certainly not some kind of savior for our defense, and that almost always when you sign a player on the first day of free agency, you overpay. Sometimes by a lot.

There's really no way at this point that he's not going to be a Dolphin. We shouldn't worry about that. I just don't think we're gonna get anything resembling a bargain, or even fair market value.

Every official report from every team with supposed interest in the guy comes up that they're not particularly interested.

The Giants are rumored. The Giants say they pass.

The Redskins are rumored. The Redskins say they'd rather spend the money on Peppers.

And now, at the 11th hour, the Falcons are interested?

Once again, I call bull****. This is Todd France, orchestrating things the way he's paid to do, using the buddy-buddy system agents and reporters set up long ago to get rumblings and rumors in the air so the Dolphins will be that little bit more eager to open their wallets.

My sense is that the only team in the NFL willing to pony up the $ is the Dolphins. And you know what, the truth is that we really do need the guy. He's a great fit for our defense and he's certainly an upgrade. I can only hope every eager beaver in this thread recognizes he's not a truly elite player or anything, and certainly not some kind of savior of our defense, and that generally when you sign a player on the first day of free agency, you overpay. And sometimes by a lot.
I agree with you for the most part. I mean he isn't going to be the savior or anything...but he will definitely improve our D. Imagine if we sign Dansby, then draft Dan Williams...that would be two huge additions to our D. Wilson is obviously going to get another chance...who knows...he might improve under Mike Nolan. Theres no way we go out and get Mike Nolan and BP doesn't buy him the groceries he needs

dansby is in the bag, who's next

now we need to go after ben watson or a wr, thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom