Merged: The Karlos Dansby Thread/Miami Is His First Visit on Friday (Signed) | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Karlos Dansby Thread/Miami Is His First Visit on Friday (Signed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if we get Dansby, he is one piece of a puzzle and we need about 6 more pieces!!!

we dont need 6.. we need like 3-4.. we can hit that in free agency alone.. we are set on the o-line, qb, runningback, cornerback, d.e., two of our linebacker spots, one of our safety spots... we need antrel rolle and our boy dansby to sign.. then we can focus on reciever, and nose tackle in the draft.. aka bryant/ golden tate/ mardy gilyard, and cody/ dan williams..

not that i think anything is official until it's official, but i have a really hard time believing that the triumvirate will let Dansby leave without a contract, they dont mess around when it comes to getting the guys they want, and they obviously want Dansby badly. Unless his demands are astronomical i think Dansby makes Miami his one and only visit.
you are quite correct my friend....
Free-agent LB Karlos Dansby will visit the Dolphins on Friday and could sign a multiyear deal shortly thereafter if both sides can reach an agreement.
A source said any future visits involving Dansby hinge on how things go in Miami. Since that is the first stop for Dansby, there’s clearly mutual interes
http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/03/05/first-up-for-free-agent-lb-dansby-dolphins/

Interesting info on Foote. He played his entire career in a 3-4 with Pittsburgh before going to Detroit. I would think he comes cheap, and IMO he is an upgrade over Crowder or Ayodele.

He's NOT an upgrade over Crowder.
Let's not cut off our nose to spite our face. I don't want to see this FO just switch names around. I want significant upgrades

Foote is slow, but a solid tackler. No way he's enough of an upgrade over Ayodele to sign him, but I just think we're doing our due diligence in case Dansby comes in and wants a Brinks truck.

This would be a great upgrade. I hope he doesnt go anywhere else and signs here today..
Be cool if we got him a Rolle:up:

Of course he wants a brinks truck, it has always been known he wants a brinks truck! Every single report has been he wants a butt load of money, lets not kid ourselves the trifecta knew what the price tag was before they brought him in so this better get done! If they could pony up and make Jake Long the highest paid offensive lineman in the history of the league before he ever played a down, well the can pay this All Pro linebacker!

Dansby talked to Jason Reid of the Washington Post just after midnight and said the Dolphins were the only team with a scheduled visit for him at that point.
“But Washington is definitely a place I’m looking at,” Dansby told the Post. “My gate is wide open right now. I’m going to take every visit. I’m going in to every team to see what type of piece of the puzzle will I be. I want to fit in just right. I want to be in a perfect situation and do my part. That’s what I’m looking for in these organizations. I’m still waiting on my agent to text me back about [visits] as we speak, but Miami is definitely one of ‘em right now. I’m going to go down there to see how I would fit in Miami.”
Dansby said he would welcome a trip to Redskins Park.
“I do my homework, man,” Dansby said. “Any team that wants me to visit, I do homework on ‘em. I have to know how would I fit in. I know about Washington.”
So, what are the chances the Dolphins let Dansby leave without signing after their meeting today? And if he does leave without signing, if he does head to Washington or Atlanta or somewhere else, are you concerned that means he’s not coming back?

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sport...by-to-visit-the-miami-dolphins-on-friday.html

Hate to be the downer here, but I woke up with a bad feeling when I saw Washington hadn't signed peppers. If Dansby leaves without a deal he won't be back!

we dont need 6.. we need like 3-4.. we can hit that in free agency alone.. we are set on the o-line, qb, runningback, cornerback, d.e., two of our linebacker spots, one of our safety spots... we need antrel rolle and our boy dansby to sign.. then we can focus on reciever, and nose tackle in the draft.. aka bryant/ golden tate/ mardy gilyard, and cody/ dan williams..

2 LB's spots are set? which ones are those? IMO, no LB spot is set.I believe we need 4 new starting LB's....I think Wake should be one and hoping Dansby is another....that still leaves 2 more as Taylor may not even be back and Crowder and Akin didn't get it done last year so even if we get Dnasby we still need to draft another LB or maybe even 2.

Ozzy rules!!

yah right im pretty sure hes not on his way down here I think they are going to talk over the phone and then when they get a little agreement going on with a fair number then i say he comes down I think 1 of our coaches or Bill Parcells should go over their where hes located and talk to him that would be a for sure thing of him coming down our state taxes are cheap and the weather is beautiful and he likes our scheme and he knows we got someone who can perfet his style in Nolan.

2 LB's spots are set? which ones are those? IMO, no LB spot is set.I believe we need 4 new starting LB's....I think Wake should be one and hoping Dansby is another....that still leaves 2 more as Taylor may not even be back and Crowder and Akin didn't get it done last year so even if we get Dnasby we still need to draft another LB or maybe even 2.

Ozzy rules!!

Makes you realize how many holes we have huh? That is why signing Dansby if a KEY piece here! I don't want a second tier guy like Foote. We have gone down that road multiple times under this regime and it isn't working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom