Merged: The Karlos Dansby Thread/Miami Is His First Visit on Friday (Signed) | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Karlos Dansby Thread/Miami Is His First Visit on Friday (Signed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dansby to visit Fins Friday.........

Free-agent LB Karlos Dansby will visit the Dolphins on Friday and could sign a multiyear deal shortly thereafter if both sides can reach an agreement.
A source said any future visits involving Dansby hinge on how things go in Miami. Since that is the first stop for Dansby, there’s clearly mutual interest.
Dansby, who played under the Cardinals’ franchise tag the past two seasons, was set free on the open market after his salary structure would have called for him to earn more than $10 million this season. He is the top linebacker in free agency and would fill a need for a fast, inside linebacker in the Dolphins’ 3-4 scheme.........
Dont know if this has been posted, but here ya go. It's from NFL.com

Makes you realize how many holes we have huh? That is why signing Dansby if a KEY piece here! I don't want a second tier guy like Foote. We have gone down that road multiple times under this regime and it isn't working!

Well, I hate over spending and I like building thru the draft but the way it is now, you have a get a couple of big guys in free agency to make things happen.You can't build a superbowl team only with draft picks and the reason is simple....you will lose some of the players you draft so you need to replace some of them anyway.We did the right thing by not over spending the last 2 years but I believe the time is now right for us to make our move.I'd love to get Dansby and then trade for Marshall by offering a 3rd round pick since they don't want to keep him anyway.

We need playmakers and those are the best 2 right now that we have a good chance to get.

Ozzy rules!!

Easy there grasshopper, Things are very quiet. The local reporters have been horrible this year informing us.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/05/dansby-says-hell-visit-every-team/

Though free agent linebacker Karlos Dansby's first trip will be to Miami, he's also keeping watch on the Redskins. And everyone else.

"Washington is definitely a place I'm looking at," Dansby told Jason Reid of the Washington Post. "My gate is wide open right now. I'm going to take every visit. I'm going in to every team to see what type of piece of the puzzle I will be."

Possible translation? "No one is willing to pay me what I want."

"I do my homework, man," Dansby said. "Any team that wants me to visit, I do homework on 'em. I have to know how would I fit in."

Right, but nothing says "fit" like "finances." The more money a guy is offered about that which he thinks he's worth, the more loved he feels, the better fit he senses.

Well, I hate over spending and I like building thru the draft but the way it is now, you have a get a couple of big guys in free agency to make things happen.You can't build a superbowl team only with draft picks and the reason is simple....you will lose some of the players you draft so you need to replace some of them anyway.We did the right thing by not over spending the last 2 years but I believe the time is now right for us to make our move.I'd love to get Dansby and then trade for Marshall by offering a 3rd round pick since they don't want to keep him anyway.

We need playmakers and those are the best 2 right now that we have a good chance to get.

Ozzy rules!!

My thoughts exactly we need key free agents so the team maintains a high level while rookies develop, not to mention there is no guarantee in the draft.

I am not buying the Arizona tweet! They tagged him 2 years in a row and never offered a long term deal. This reeks of agent blowing smoke!!!

no it wasnt posted all the other stupid dansby to airport stuff was but this is good news something we kinda knew that was going to happend but mark it down if dansby rolls out of here with out signing we can kiss his services goodbye.

no it wasnt posted all the other stupid dansby to airport stuff was but this is good news something we kinda knew that was going to happend but mark it down if dansby rolls out of here with out signing we can kiss his services goodbye.

not true. on pft they quote him entertaining every offer. i dont think it looks good but he is going to shop around so if a deal isn't done before he departs it does not mean he's not going to eventually sign

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/05/dansby-says-hell-visit-every-team/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom