MERGED: The Official 2007 New York Yankees Thread! | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: The Official 2007 New York Yankees Thread!

Craig Hansen.

And a slew of other guys who dominated in the minors but weren't ready. Hughes has so much talent it isn't a matter of if he will make it but when. He has barely been throwing to pro hitters for 2 years, so this will be a whole new level. The front office spoke all summer about giving Hughes room to learn in the minors all year long, but I think many believed this would happen.

Hansen essentially came out of college to MLB. Hughes has been in the Yankees farm system, has been to spring training and dealt with professional hitters, has dominated double A, and has shown no signs of slowing in his only 3 starts he's had for Triple A right now. He's showing all the signs that he is what the scouts say he is. Might as well start that process today then waste time making sure he can dominate Triple A batters (which he can do). The Yankees need to go with their best, end of story. Why throw Chase Wright, Darrell Rasner, and and other minor leaguer when Hughes is better? The Yankees are doing what they got to do. Time to see what the guys got!

By the way. Mike Myers really dropped the ball tonight. Anything but a Granny there, ANYTHING BUT A GRAND SLAM!

The bullpen is a mess. Everyone except for Mariano and Farnsworth have dead arms. I know it's only April but I still want to see these guys win!

clear.gif

if... could...

well, you have the most "potent" lineup in the league, on paper... of course you're going to "beat up on" solid pitching here and there... were the three pitchers you mentioned supposed to allow 2 or less runs each night? ... fact is, they got key outs to end Yankee rallies...

Yes, but out of your top 3 starters (for most teams anyway) you expect at least one to hold a team down.

Beckett: 4 ER, 1 unearned.
Schilling: 5 ER.
Dice-K: 6 ER.

You would expect to win at least one of those, especially with the offense the Yankees have (but, unfortunately, a lot of times it features the offensive blackhole of Nieves, Menky and occasionally Phelps and Cabrera.)

:lol:
As much trouble as the Yanks are in right now, they'll somehow get back in it like they always do. But they do have to realize that the only way for 'em to get to October is by winning the east as the wild card will be coming from the central.

Yanks started off 11-19 a couple years back and still won the division. And the situation this year is far better than it was then.

And its way to early to say the wild card will come out of the central.

Yanks started off 11-19 a couple years back and still won the division. And the situation this year is far better than it was then.

And its way to early to say the wild card will come out of the central.

2 years ago on this date we were in last and 4 1/2 games out while today we are in last and 4 games back. We'll be fine. I hate the nowannual slow starts but we'll be fine.

2 years ago on this date we were in last and 4 1/2 games out while today we are in last and 4 games back. We'll be fine. I hate the nowannual slow starts but we'll be fine.

Yep, I totally agree. The sky isn't falling right now over Yankee Stadium.

But something else, hey this may be the year. This may be the year they don't make the playoffs. It's gonna happen at some point. I don't care how much $$$$$$ ya spend. NY has been in the playoffs every year since 1995. That's a long run for any one team in MLB.

Boston had the 2nd highest payroll last year and they finished in 3rd place!! Let alone make the playoffs. You can spend all the money ya want if you don't catch a break or two here and there you will be on the outside looking in come October.

Now, I think NY is ok this year and will be playing in October. BUT.....if they weren't I wouldn't be shocked. I mean this streak of making the playoffs is going to end at some point. It isn't going to last forever.

If we are having the same problems we are having now in JUNE, then yeah start hitting the panic button. But now, still around 140 games to play....no Yankee fan should be really worried.

Pettite, Igawa, Wang this weekend now vs Boston.

Wow, I usually hate rainouts but yesterday was a blessing for the Yankees bullpen. There's going to be a lot of buzz at the stadium with Hughes on the mound today. Can't wait to see how he does!

Yep, I totally agree. The sky isn't falling right now over Yankee Stadium.

But something else, hey this may be the year. This may be the year they don't make the playoffs. It's gonna happen at some point. I don't care how much $$$$$$ ya spend. NY has been in the playoffs every year since 1995. That's a long run for any one team in MLB.

Boston had the 2nd highest payroll last year and they finished in 3rd place!! Let alone make the playoffs. You can spend all the money ya want if you don't catch a break or two here and there you will be on the outside looking in come October.

Now, I think NY is ok this year and will be playing in October. BUT.....if they weren't I wouldn't be shocked. I mean this streak of making the playoffs is going to end at some point. It isn't going to last forever.

If we are having the same problems we are having now in JUNE, then yeah start hitting the panic button. But now, still around 140 games to play....no Yankee fan should be really worried.

It's all about who the healthiest team is come August/September.

Back
Top Bottom