MERGED: The Official 2007 New York Yankees Thread! | Page 34 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: The Official 2007 New York Yankees Thread!

Clemens was great but as has been the case even when things go right they go wrong w/ ARod getting hurt. That's just what this offense needs.:boohoo:
Has there been any word on how bad his injury is? It did not look that bad, and he did try to stay in... Maybe he just misses one game!?

That being said, it is hard to get too excited over this win, when they have dug themselves into such a DEEP hole. I mean to have a realistic shot at the playoffs they would have to play 0.800 + ball the rest of the way!

IF there is a bidding war for ARod we should let him walk. he has not earned a raise from $25 mil per. he's been amazing this year but his first 3 years were far from great and he was a joke in October.

Far from great, eh? I am pretty sure that averaging ~40hrs a year, 119RBIs, ~21 sbs, and .299 avg is pretty damn great. He got the MVP in 2005. He has generated unlimited revenue for the yankees. The Yankees should pay whatever they have to in order to keep him. What 3rd basemen would be better for them right now? He does need to step it up in the playoffs but he is one of the key reasons why the yankees make the playoffs. If he wasn't on your team this year you guys would be so far in the basement.

Happy Birthday George Steinbrenner!

Far from great, eh? I am pretty sure that averaging ~40hrs a year, 119RBIs, ~21 sbs, and .299 avg is pretty damn great. He got the MVP in 2005. He has generated unlimited revenue for the yankees. The Yankees should pay whatever they have to in order to keep him. What 3rd basemen would be better for them right now? He does need to step it up in the playoffs but he is one of the key reasons why the yankees make the playoffs. If he wasn't on your team this year you guys would be so far in the basement.

He didn't deserve the MVP in 2005, he will always put up big fantasy #s but until this year he hadn't come through when we needed him most and even if he hits 80 Hrs this year it will be meaningless to me w/o validation in october.

Abreu and Farnsworth look to be getting moved soon. NL teams are lining up for both.

Of course NY will pay a bulk of their salary but both could be gone by months end

He didn't deserve the MVP in 2005, he will always put up big fantasy #s but until this year he hadn't come through when we needed him most and even if he hits 80 Hrs this year it will be meaningless to me w/o validation in october.

It will be hard to get that validation in october when him, jeter, and posada are the only 3 players who came to play this year. He can only do so much. Tell me something, what other 3rd basemen would you like on your team right now?

It will be hard to get that validation in october when him, jeter, and posada are the only 3 players who came to play this year. He can only do so much. Tell me something, what other 3rd basemen would you like on your team right now?

The way he has played this year? No one, the way he played the last 3 years especially the last 3 Octobers? anyone.

Abreu and Farnsworth look to be getting moved soon. NL teams are lining up for both.

Of course NY will pay a bulk of their salary but both could be gone by months end
If you get some good young talent in return... Could be worth it. Sacrifice one year for the next few.

If you get some good young talent in return... Could be worth it. Sacrifice one year for the next few.

Not much of a sacrafice when your already pretty much eliminated! :rolleyes:

Not much of a sacrafice when your already pretty much eliminated! :rolleyes:

It's not going to be easy but we are stillvery much in it. If we can split these next 2 or sweep we will be on a roll eading into the break w/ an easy strecth over the next few weeks. We are 10 out n the L column from Boston and 7 out of the WC behind Cle. It's not likely but I would never count the yanks out this early

It's not going to be easy but we are stillvery much in it. If we can split these next 2 or sweep we will be on a roll eading into the break w/ an easy strecth over the next few weeks. We are 10 out n the L column from Boston and 7 out of the WC behind Cle. It's not likely but I would never count the yanks out this early

I have to agree. However, it does look a little bleak. The only good thing is they have 29 straight games against teams with a losing record (currently).

Starting Thursday in St. Petersburg, Fla., they have 29 straight games (counting the suspended one in Baltimore) against teams that went to the break holding losing records, followed by successive August weekend series against the Indians and Tigers, only one of which they must catch.

That is from the second page of this article.

Don't get me wrong. It won't be easy. However, with a smart move or two at the deadline... with Hughes coming back to get Igawa out of the rotation... Anything is possible.

interesting rumor I just saw on another board, Bobby Abreu to the Mets for Lastings Milledge.

Would not be a bad trade.

I think the Yanks are doing the right thing in trying to trade Abreau and Farnsworth, but I'd also look to move Matsui (Seattle would definatly be interested in order to try and keep Ichiro). Plus, the Yanks could get Jeff Clement to groom behind Posada.

If I'm the Yanks I'm not looking for just good prospects, I'm looking to trade for prospects that are MLB ready.

Back
Top Bottom