Merged: The Official Davone Bess Thread | Page 39 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Davone Bess Thread

BEACH - Wide receiver Davone Bess was a high school quarterback in Oakland and was itching to be used in the Wildcat last season, but he understands his chances got a lot worse when the Dolphins drafted West Virginia quarterback Pat White in the second round.

"I was always ready,'' said Bess while fishing for bass in the Dolphins junior angler fishing clinic in a lake behind Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World. "But we're lucky to get a great athlete who plays like that and could take our game to another level.''

Bess said he certainly identifies with the plight of undrafted college free agents such as New Mexico State's Chris Williams and Tulsa's Brennan Marion, who are coming to rookie minicamp this weekend.

"I just kept my eyes on the prize and understand that this is an opportunity and I wanted to make the best of it,'' said Bess, who was undrafted out of Hawaii. "Never take no for an answer. I stayed humble and focused on what I had to get done

Building on APR gains a must for UH programs

Honolulu Star-Bulletin - ‎May 7, 2009‎
It was feared the UH football program would take a hit for two juniors leaving early to turn pro, Davone Bess and Ryan Grice-Mullins. ...

BP: A Fight to the Finish

Rochester R News - ‎May 6, 2009‎
In his first offseason, Parcells signed the likes of receiver Davone Bess, tight end Anthony Fasano and linebacker Akin Ayodele. There was no one remotely ...

These second-year offensive players are on the spot

SportingNews.com - ‎May 5, 2009‎
3. Davone Bess, WR, Dolphins. The latest of Bill Parcells' undrafted offensive gems, Bess was Miami's best wideout as a rookie. He ended up with a modest 54 ...

STEVE JONAS AND A REDEDICATED DREAM

Rochester R News - ‎May 4, 2009‎
In his first offseason, Parcells signed the likes of receiver Davone Bess, tight end Anthony Fasano and linebacker Akin Ayodele. There was no one remotely ...

Dolphins notebook: Right guard Donald Thomas sustains setback in ...

Sun-Sentinel.com - ‎May 20, 2009‎
Davone Bess was paired with Ted Ginn Jr. as the starting wideouts. Receiver Ernest Wilford split his time working with the receivers and tight ends. ...

Jason Taylor in, Donald Thomas out at OTA workout

Palm Beach Post - ‎May 19, 2009‎
The starting lineup, on offense: WR Ted Ginn Jr., WR Davone Bess, TE Anthony Fasano, QB Chad Pennington, RB Ronnie Brown, RB Ricky Williams (in the slot), ...

OTA Reports: Donald Thomas injured again; Justin Smiley feeling good

The Phinsider - ‎May 19, 2009‎
-Ted Ginn and Davone Bess lined up as first team receivers; while Ernest Wilford worked with the second team. -Chad Pennington hit Ted Ginn on a 40 yard ...

Davone Bess runs as a starter

Rotoworld.com - ‎May 19, 2009‎
With Greg Camarillo rehabbing, Davone Bess ran as the starting flanker on the first day of Dolphins OTAs Tuesday. Camarillo (ACL, meniscus surgery) ...

Dolphins notebook: Right guard Donald Thomas sustains setback in ...

Sun-Sentinel.com - ‎May 20, 2009‎
Davone Bess was paired with Ted Ginn Jr. as the starting wideouts. Receiver Ernest Wilford split his time working with the receivers and tight ends. ...

Jason Taylor in, Donald Thomas out at OTA workout

Palm Beach Post - ‎May 19, 2009‎
The starting lineup, on offense: WR Ted Ginn Jr., WR Davone Bess, TE Anthony Fasano, QB Chad Pennington, RB Ronnie Brown, RB Ricky Williams (in the slot), ...

OTA Reports: Donald Thomas injured again; Justin Smiley feeling good

The Phinsider - ‎May 19, 2009‎
-Ted Ginn and Davone Bess lined up as first team receivers; while Ernest Wilford worked with the second team. -Chad Pennington hit Ted Ginn on a 40 yard ...

With Greg Camarillo rehabbing, Davone Bess ran as the starting flanker on the first day of Dolphins OTAs Tuesday. Camarillo (ACL, meniscus surgery) ...

Hey R.. Do you like Bess? :lol::lol::lol:

No doubt. And 40 time isn't everything. Productions counts, and O Gadson was slow but caught everything.
Orende was awesome. he was just a reception machine. Just toss the ball at him surrounded by defenders and he'll reach up and grab it. Not fast but very tall with big soft hands. And he fought hard for every ball. Sort of the anti Ginn.

Orende was awesome. he was just a reception machine. Just toss the ball at him surrounded by defenders and he'll reach up and grab it. Not fast but very tall with big soft hands. And he fought hard for every ball. Sort of the anti Ginn.
I was with you to the "anti Ginn" comment. I agree Ginn is no OG in the hands department, but he's no Hagan either. I remember some very good Ginn catches last year (just wanted more, thank you). I hope Pat Turner can be the "new" OG.

gadsdencatch-1.jpg

Orande was one of my favorite Dolphins.

My favorite catch of his was the one against the Jets in 2002.

He was a great Dolphin.

His catch against Indy early in 99 was awesome too...the one that won the game.

I think he had a similar one in 00 too, when Fiedler and Lamar Smith were out.

We signed Derrius Thompson hoping he'd be a younger OG, but he never panned out (other than the Pats catch).

Hopefully Turner ends up like Gadsden....if he did, I'd be happy with that pick.

Back
Top Bottom