Merged: The Official Davone Bess Thread | Page 41 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Davone Bess Thread

vontae davis:
Q: What have you learned from facing speedy receivers such as Ted Ginn Jr. and Davone Bess in practice?
A:
With Ginn, he can just flat-out run, and you have to be able to run with him. Bess, he's more of a quick receiver, so you need to change directions with him. They have helped challenge me in different ways.

Miami Dolphins: Davone Bess gets some national attention
> Posted by Mike Berardino on July 10, 2009 11:08 AM

Nothing earth-shattering in this Q&A with Davone Bess, but since we were pretty tough here on Scout.com earlier in the week regarding the Tony Sparano-as-puppet reference, I thought I'd pass this along here.
Here's Bess' answer when asked what it is about Sparano that "inspires" the Dolphins:
"He just means business, you know? When you're a head coach, you've got to be somebody your players can respect. You can't just be a pushover. He's has respect from every single player. And it's a trickle-down effect from (Bill) Parcells and it comes on down to Coach Sparano, and from Sparano to the other coaches. That's what the ultimate goal is, getting all the players to buy into what the coaches are talking about and to believe in them. After that, it's just going and applying it to the field and making it work."
The rapidly improving Miami Dolphins receiver is in Hawaii this weekend with his agent, Kenny Zuckerman, chilling out a bit with the start of training camp almost three weeks away.

It's amazing how we have over 600 replies on this 1 thread, all about Davone Bess, our diamond in the rough. Love the guy though, he's gonna be huge in the NFL I think.

i loved this excerpt from PBP today:

In a drill you don’t see often, wide receivers were put in a three-point stance and told to block one another. Davone Bess absolutely handles Ted Ginn Jr. Everybody is saying Bess looks bigger and stronger, and he already had 10 pounds on Ginn to start.

i loved this excerpt from PBP today:

In a drill you don’t see often, wide receivers were put in a three-point stance and told to block one another. Davone Bess absolutely handles Ted Ginn Jr. Everybody is saying Bess looks bigger and stronger, and he already had 10 pounds on Ginn to start.

I love Ginn but that doesn't surprise be at all. Bess is a fantastic blocker for a receiver.

davone is built like ricky williams , strong hips and lower thick body.
look at my videos below he carries the raiders on his back 9 yards to be exact.

Martin absent from practice

Sun-Sentinel.com - ‎11 hours ago‎
WR Davone Bess, who replaced Greg Camarillo as a starter Friday, caught a long pass from QB Chad Pennington in the middle of the field during team drills. ...

Another Player Leaves The Phins & More

PhinPhanatic - ‎12 hours ago‎
Ginn is looking good and his hands are obviously not an issue and speaking of hands, I think you need only one to count how many balls Davone Bess had ...

Hidden gems could emerge in Canes' secondary

MiamiHerald.com - Barry Jackson - ‎4 hours ago‎
Receiver Davone Bess is much stronger and more muscular, which he said will help him get off press coverage. ``Quickest receiver I've ever faced,'' ...

Davone Bess: Bess starts opposite Ginn Jr. at scrimmage

Rotoworld.com - ‎6 hours ago‎
WR Davone Bess opened with the first unit opposite Ted Ginn Jr. in the Dolphins' scrimmage Saturday. Greg Camarillo, who is competing with Bess for the No. ...

Postcard from camp: Dolphins

SI.com - ‎10 hours ago‎
Second-year pro Davone Bess has made considerable gains in strength and improved as a route runner. Rookies Brian Hartline (Ohio State) has flashed ...

Merling trying to adjust to new role on left side

Sun-Sentinel.com - ‎5 hours ago‎
Receivers Ted Ginn Jr., Davone Bess and Chris Williams are the three players fielding punts. Bess, who held that job most of last year, appears to be ...

Rookie Hartline grows up in a hurry

MiamiHerald.com - Jeff Darlington - ‎7 hours ago‎
... almost guarantees he will stick, the concept of starting would require him to beat out, at the very least, Greg Camarillo, Ted Ginn Jr. or Davone Bess. ...

Sun-Sentinel.com

Miami Dolphins players weigh in on 'Madden 10'

Sun-Sentinel.com - Sarah Talalay, Ethan J. Skolnick - ‎18 hours ago‎
Miami Dolphins wide receiver Davone Bess already has his copy reserved. "Have to," Bess said. "New players, obviously. Your ratings go up from the prior ...

Back
Top Bottom