Merged: The Official Jason Brown Thread/Signed With Rams | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Jason Brown Thread/Signed With Rams

Brown is doing what most everyone in his situation would do.

Maybe you would, but I certainly wouldn't want to go from playing for a winning franchise in Baltimore, to starting for a complete loser in St. Louis. Especially when you have teams like Miami who are highly interested....

i find it funny how some people crucify Brown for wanting the best deal for him when they would do exactly the same thing.

I don't find it funny at all, and there's no way I'd rather play for the Rams than the Phinz regardless of money. So don't speak for me please. Thanks.

IN TUNA WE TRUST....

Maybe you would, but I certainly wouldn't want to go from playing for a winning franchise in Baltimore, to starting for a complete loser in St. Louis. Especially when you have teams like Miami who are highly interested....

I don't find it funny at all, and there's no way I'd rather play for the Rams than the Phinz regardless of money. So don't speak for me please. Thanks.

IN TUNA WE TRUST....

just a year ago, we were the laughing stock of the NFL. there's no guarantee we will be better than St. Louis in 2009.

of course you would prefer to play for Miami. you're a Dolphins fan. i'm too. doesn't mean i wouldn't take an additional 2m per year if i had the chance to get it. you can claim you wouldn't do it. that's nice for you, i guess.

Kudos to the trifetca for not over paying for this guy.Only morons like synder and al davis make these mistakes year after year.We will find out if this guy cares about winning when he goes too the rams.If he does care about winning he will either sign with us or the ravens for less money.I would not count on it though he sounds like a greedy fuk!!!!!!!!!!!Have faith,we will find somebody in the draft.

Kudos to the trifetca for not over paying for this guy.Only morons like synder and al davis make these mistakes year after year.We will find out if this guy cares about winning when he goes too the rams.If he does care about winning he will either sign with us or the ravens for less money.I would not count on it though he sounds like a greedy fuk!!!!!!!!!!!Have faith,we will find somebody in the draft.
You need to add Woody Johnson to the group of moron owners who over pay for players.

pumpdogs;1062851403[U said:
]Kudos to the trifetca for not over paying for this guy.[/U]Only morons like synder and al davis make these mistakes year after year.We will find out if this guy cares about winning when he goes too the rams.If he does care about winning he will either sign with us or the ravens for less money.I would not count on it though he sounds like a greedy fuk!!!!!!!!!!!Have faith,we will find somebody in the draft.

That's what i think :hi5:

Maybe money has nothing to do with it, maybe he really wants to play guard and not Center. I'm just throwing that out there. Maybe he really has zero interest in playing in Miami and was trying to use us as leverage against ST.Lou and anyone else. Or maybe he's just doing the rounds to gather the most information to make the best decision for not only himself but his family too.

Hey anybody knocking Brown for taking his time and seeing his options isn't being fair to him. He has earned the right of becomming a Free Agent and looking for a lucrative offer from a team he deems right to join.

Maybe he likes what the Rams are doing by hiring Spag and the young team they are trying to put together. If they offer a contract that he and his agent like . . . then may as well pursue them. We as a team have a salary cap, and I don't deem it smart paying a contract . . . more than Carey's . . . to an interior lineman . . . when we have the most expensive LT and RT in the game already and with a draft class that is LOADED at Center this year.

Like I said earlier . . . he can take the 6 million I think we are offereing him . . . or he can go somewhere else and play G and get 8 million . . . it is up to him.

Jason Brown was using Miami in order to drum up a market for his services.

Miami was using Jason Brown in order to send a message to Samson Satele.

It was mutual. I have a feeling the Fins knew all along they wouldn't be offering enough to snag him.

If he wants to play for the Rams, regardless of position / pay, he's a complete moron. Just my opinion....

IN TUNA WE TRUST...

we will draft a stud C to send another message

I doubt anybody will pay Brown what he wants now, maybe his agent never heard of the draft

Brown will end up being a Raven and not be the highest paid IL in the league

I would usually agree with you, but not in these circumstances. We need a bigger / stronger starting center. That's a fact...

I have a feeling the Fins knew all along they wouldn't be offering enough to snag him.

If that was the case, they should have never mentioned his name as a potential starting replacement. What are the Phinz really gaining by misleading Satele?? If anything, it's counterproductive in my opinion. You get better results by building one's confidence, not by questioning it....

IN TUNA WE TRUST....

Really can't blame the guy for trying to get the most money he can. Even though these guys make tons of money, they don't usually stick around more than 3or 4 years on average. The man is doing what most of us would do in his shoes, taking care of his family. I have no problem with it. I would have a problem paying a nickel over 6 mill a year for him though. Wouldn't be fair to our other linemen.

Jason Brown-C-RavensFeb. 27 - 9:38 am et
pixel-1.gif
pixel-1.gif
pixel-1.gif
The Rams are expected to sign free agent C/G Jason Brown "in the coming hours," according to the National Football Post.
St. Louis has been Brown's only visit. The Dolphins backed off him when the bidding went to high and at that point the Rams appeared to be competing with themselves. Still, they'll have to trump Baltimore's $6M-a-year offer.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/home_NFL.aspx

we will draft a stud C to send another message

I doubt anybody will pay Brown what he wants now, maybe his agent never heard of the draft

Brown will end up being a Raven and not be the highest paid IL in the league

Almost can guarantee the Rams will give this guy min. 7 mill a year......and that's why the Rams are not the crem de la crem of the NFL. Winning organizations that stay competitive year in year out know this.

Back
Top Bottom