Merged: The Official Jason Brown Thread/Signed With Rams | Page 31 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Jason Brown Thread/Signed With Rams

that's why you're a fan, and he needs to look out for his own interests.

If his own best interest is telling him that he'd better off playing in St. Louis than in Miami, {or even going back to Baltimore for that matter}, the guy has his interests in the wrong place...

all this rah-rah stuff is great for us, but the nfl is a business.

And being the business that it is, who better than Bill Parcells to go to work for?? Follow??...

IN TUNA WE TRUST...

I'm not worried. We have a C/G coming in today and we have 3 first day picks. Our FO knows what they are doing so everyone should just chill on this subject IMO. We also have one of the best o-line coaches in the NFL as a head coach and drafted 3 o-lineman last year. Their is such a thing as developing talent.:up:

Which C should be available with our first second round pick? Do you think maybe one of the top 3 centers will be there at that spot?

i was the close to the first ,if not the first person to talk about getting brown.just check my posts.i liked his size,and youth.but after reading weeks and weeks of posts of some very educated guys.i have gotten off the bandwagon .mainly because a first year center that is not even close to the pro bowl ,wants top guard money.he is a very good guard though.the plus is that he is just getting started at the position,and should get even better.the down things i did read . the ravens line sucked early on ,until they changed there guards around.the ravens have very good guards.did this help cover up brown out of position ?i dont know.the ravens will move chester over to cover browns center spot.they feel chester is stronger at the point of attack,and are not worried at all. they will offer brown a contract,but will it be top money ?i dont know.on the down side i read ,pass protection,bull rushers,and lost in space against the 3-4 defense.jets and pats 3-4 defenses.the question is if the ravens dont resign him.brown being all that,why would we ?they do have the money to make this happen.i have faith in tuna to draft a good young center,that is a lot cheaper.i am going to say we will not sign brown.we will not over pay.we will not pay top guard money for the center position,especially for a guy not even close to the top of his position.even though we have a big hole here.
:up:

Jason Brown-C-RavensFeb. 27 - 9:38 am et
pixel-1.gif
pixel-1.gif
pixel-1.gif
The Rams are expected to sign free agent C/G Jason Brown "in the coming hours," according to the National Football Post.
St. Louis has been Brown's only visit. The Dolphins backed off him when the bidding went to high and at that point the Rams appeared to be competing with themselves. Still, they'll have to trump Baltimore's $6M-a-year offer.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/home_NFL.aspx

Major disappointment. I'm officially unimpressed with the choices our FO has made this off-season. We got none of the players we needed.... :woot::woot::woot:

IN TUNA WE TRUST....

this has turned out to be a great thread.lots of different views on brown.but i have a question?has anybody ever heard parcells or any of his team in his whole carrere .target another teams one player ,and tell everybody that they want him.has anybody ever heard bill talk about any player he wanted openly ever?has bill (ever) paid all pro money,or over pay a guy that is not in the top 10 at the position?big bill has baited and switched on people for as long as i can remember.i guess anything is possible,but bill loves this kind of stuff.i am still going 70-30 they wont sign him.bill knows alot more than i do,and if he signs him.i will be dam happy we have him.say i was wrong,and just didnt see it coming.
what i dont see coming could be a corner back fa.

Major disappointment. I'm officially unimpressed with the choices our FO has made this off-season. We got none of the players we needed.... :woot::woot::woot:

IN TUNA WE TRUST....

I'm hoping you're not serious!!! I think were having one of our best offseasons in a long time. ESPN said the same thing, they say were doing the best job of all teams plugging our holes. You're kidding right?:(

Which C should be available with our first second round pick? Do you think maybe one of the top 3 centers will be there at that spot?
Don't just expect a C to fill the position. Their is alot of very good guards in the draft and as Mayock and company pointed out alot of them would make starting calibre C's. We have Sparano (a O-line coach) as HC and Bill drafting so don't worry.:up:

If his own best interest is telling him that he'd better off playing in St. Louis than in Miami, {or even going back to Baltimore for that matter}, the guy has his interests in the wrong place...

And being the business that it is, who better than Bill Parcells to go to work for?? Follow??...

IN TUNA WE TRUST...
you may have forgotten we were an awful organization prior to last year. the league is designed for bad teams to get better in a hurry. don't assume the rams are just going to stay bad.

It wasn't that long ago that the same team we're discussing went from last place to SB champion.

omg, look at the idiots that signed with miami and atlanta last year, they must not care about winning!!

If your company's rival offered you 1/3 more than your current employer as well as anyone else you've interviewed with you'd be gone in a heartbeat. The guy was a fourth round pick, so it's not like he's sitting on millions of dollars. We may think of sports as more, but to the players, it is a business. For a lineman who ends up being good, their second contract is their main opportunity to make money.

I'm hoping you're not serious!!! I think were having one of our best offseasons in a long time.

"Best offseasons"??... :err: We've only added two players, and one of them is coming from the CFL....

ESPN said the same thing, they say were doing the best job of all teams plugging our holes. You're kidding right?:(

I'm not kidding, I'm ******* pissed!! I just wached the only two FA's our staff was hyping up, just sign elsewhere without even visiting us!!!....

I'M ******* PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fellas, relax. Okay, so we're probably not going to get Jason Brown. It's not the end of the world. In case you've already forgotten, there five good C's available for Miami's choosing in this upcoming Draft. Tell me, who wouldn't be happy if we wound up with one of these five guys: Luigs, Mack, Caldwell, Wood?

Back
Top Bottom