Merged: The Official Jason Brown Thread/Signed With Rams | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Jason Brown Thread/Signed With Rams

Jason Brown in a Bind

Jason Brown Suddenly in a Bind
Friday, February 27, 2009
Posted By Mike Florio 4:10 PM
The good news for center/guard Jason Brown is that the St. Louis Rams are willing to pay him $7 million per year.

The bad news for center/guard Jason Brown is that no one else is.

A league source tells ProFootballTalk.com that Brown doesn't want to play for the Rams, and thus wants someone/anyone to step up and match the offer St. Louis has made to him.

Per the source, Brown was hoping that the Ravens would match the number that the Rams put on the table. But the Ravens haven't, and apparently won't.

Other teams are interested in Brown, but not at the same level that Rams have demonstrated.

So Brown is in a bind. Does he take the money from a team for which he doesn't want to play? Or does he take less from someone else?

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/real_scouts/page:1

Interesting. Wonder if Miami will steps up now.

The braintrust knew this would happen, and that's why they backed down. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we end up snagging him for the price we wanted to pay.

I think if he wants to play here, he'll settle for less money. If that does work out to be the case, kudos to the front office for not ponying up the big bucks right away. Gotta love the poker these guys play.

BTW, thanks for the link - had been looking for a Brown update.

Hope not. He rolled the dice and was hoping to have his cake and eat it too. Now he has to play with someone he doesnt want to or play for less money... SUCKKKAAAA

Glad to see there is a ceiling for some of these players.

Seems like Brown was hassleing us for more Flow, now it has bit him in the ***. Washington is out of play cause of the signing of Dockery, Haynesworth and Hall. Baltimore is doing everything to sign Lewis or Scott.

Now Brown has to decide do I go with Rams or my heart the Fins.

He'll take the money from the Rams most likely. The other day he sounded off on how he is finished with the Ravens and that they only spend money on the offense. This report has him pissed because the Ravens won't match the Rams. If he leaves St Louis with no deal, I have to believe he will wind up back in Baltimore.

Why would you even go talk to a team who you don't want to play for. Was he that misguided that he thought other teams would see what STL offered and up the ante ? His agent should have known better. Do you really think STL is going to still want him once word gets out he never really wanted to come play for you? If he takes their deal, do you really think he's going to try hard while he's there if he doesn't want to be ?
Bet he's sitting there thinking . . . . :oops:

Back
Top Bottom