Merged: The Official Laveranues Coles Thread | Page 43 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Laveranues Coles Thread

I think the Fins are smart. They know they don't need to blow a first rounder on a WR, and they don't need to overpay a FA. As much as I'd like Boldin here, Parcells is not going to mortgage the future on one guy.

The deeper we get up front on both sides of the ball, the better the team will be. I think losing to BAL showed this. We lost that game in the trenches. I never thought to myself "if we just had another WR".

That being said. I think we get a vet, but we do it on our terms.

Not to mention Bess and London our entire core could use some guidance...if we could get a smart vet to teach these guys some of the ins and outs of being an NFL wide out i think this core could be lethal with Henne takes the reigns

as far as guidence and teaching shouldn't this be the primary job of our coaching staff?

One of the guys on Serius NFl Radio, NFl Rewind Show (Howerd Balzer/Dan Leiberfeld) just said that he thought that L. Coles' trip to Barfalo was just "window dressing" to avoid tampering charges against the Fins. He thinks that since Coles walked away from 6 mil. that he already has a deal in place with the Fins. Just his opinion, but interesting theory.

Is that guy serious about trading Wilford for Moss straight up??? Some people just make me giggle on the inside. I am gonna keep that one with me for a day or two to make me feel better.

One of the guys on Serius NFl Radio, NFl Rewind Show (Howerd Balzer/Dan Leiberfeld) just said that he thought that L. Coles' trip to Barfalo was just "window dressing" to avoid tampering charges against the Fins. He thinks that since Coles walked away from 6 mil. that he already has a deal in place with the Fins. Just his opinion, but interesting theory.

If we do winde up with Coles, you can kiss deep penetration in the playoffs good bye. We need to go in another direction Because Coles and Pennington couldn't get the Jets deep in the playoffs in their prime.

I would agree with all that except there is no way we are paying Coles 6 Mil a season or more. Maybe 3-4 but not 6. I would like to see Coles here for 3-4 Mil but not the 6. JMHO

I would agree with all that except there is no way we are paying Coles 6 Mil a season or more. Maybe 3-4 but not 6. I would like to see Coles here for 3-4 Mil but not the 6. JMHO

I am not sure what he left on the table in N.Y. Is it 6 mil per season, or did he just pass up a 6 mil option/bonus for this season?

What I mean is, if we gave him 6 mil to sign on a three year deal, that equates to only 2 mil per year + whatever the annual salary is. We could easily get in the 3-4 mil per year range that way.

Back
Top Bottom