Merged: The Official Laveranues Coles Thread | Page 45 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Laveranues Coles Thread

So NFLN and ESPN have different reports on this situation. If I had to put money on who was right in this matter, I would have to go with NFLN. They seem to get the better information and ESPN can be way off some times. Remember how Mort was saying Shanahan was finalizing a deal to become the Chiefs head coach, when in fact he never even talked to the Chiefs?

I find it hard to believe that Miami is in this race for him when he never even made a visit to Miami. Most reports say that he wants a big deal and that Miami has no interest in giving it to him. I would believe the ESPN report a little if he actually met with the Dolphins, which he has not.

NFLN said that Buffalo is the only team he met with and they made him and offer. From the sounds of it though, it must not have been to his liking, because he has not signed it yet. Schefter and Lombardi even made the point that Coles could take his time now and see if any better offers come in the next days or weeks. They said he took a big risk voiding his contract with the Jets and whoever told him to make that decision should be fired.

I don't think Miami is a player for Coles, however I think they could enter the picture in a few days if Coles lowers his asking price.

I don't think Miami is a player for Coles, however I think they could enter the picture in a few days if Coles lowers his asking price.

IMO, I think the flirtations with Buffalo were designed to drive up Miami's anticipated low ball offer due to the Pennington connection. Coles has a dilemma on his hands if he never wanted to be a Bill in the first place and it's the best offer he gets. Expect to see some fancy footwork if that's the case.

yea i heard it googled it..came up saying three year deal according to espn so idk just checkin

So NFLN and ESPN have different reports on this situation. If I had to put money on who was right in this matter, I would have to go with NFLN. They seem to get the better information and ESPN can be way off some times. Remember how Mort was saying Shanahan was finalizing a deal to become the Chiefs head coach, when in fact he never even talked to the Chiefs?

I find it hard to believe that Miami is in this race for him when he never even made a visit to Miami. Most reports say that he wants a big deal and that Miami has no interest in giving it to him. I would believe the ESPN report a little if he actually met with the Dolphins, which he has not.

NFLN said that Buffalo is the only team he met with and they made him and offer. From the sounds of it though, it must not have been to his liking, because he has not signed it yet. Schefter and Lombardi even made the point that Coles could take his time now and see if any better offers come in the next days or weeks. They said he took a big risk voiding his contract with the Jets and whoever told him to make that decision should be fired.

Does anybody else remember when Mortonsen said before the season that Ronnie Brown was on the trading block? Brilliant.

lol, I was reading on a Bills board about the Clayton report at 7:00pm and now Mort was just on ESPN radio and had an update. They were totally different. lol. The same network can't even get the story straight.

Clayton says it is between the Dolphins, Bills and Bengals.

Mort says it is between the Jets and the Patriots and that the Dolphins made it clear to Coles as soon as he was released that they were not interested. No mention of the Bills or Bengals.

Mort just added his view to ESPN.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3943750

A Miami Dolphins team source said the club has no interest in signing wide receiver Laveranues Coles and reuniting him with quarterback Chad Pennington.

The New York Jets restructured Coles' contract Wednesday, allowing the veteran wide receiver to become an unrestricted free agent. But, according to the source, the Dolphins immediately alerted Coles' agent that the team would have no interest in bringing him aboard.

The rumor that he signed a 3 year deal per ESPN radio is all over the web by various forums which makes me believe its more true than not. Then again i figured Burnett would be signed by now too.

Back
Top Bottom