Merged: The Official Laveranues Coles Thread | Page 47 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Laveranues Coles Thread

Putter makes a lot sense here. I know, just another opinion, but BP and company don't usually let information "leak" out. So if there's any rumors getting out, it's usually because he let it get out. So why would we want it out that we are not interested in Coles ? Because we truly are not? After Coles just said he's deciding between us and the Bills. Sorry, but what I'm guessing is that either we are working on the final details with him and we don't want the Bills uping the ante or Coles is thinking our offer over tonight and we don't want the Bills to counter one last time before he decides. I don't see Harrison fitting BP's typical WR scheme. And I don't think Toomer has enough of an impact to do much to help. We should know within the next 24 hours either way.

OK guys think of it this way. Parcells is not new to this game. He is probably telling the outlets we have no interest for one reason.

If it is truly between us and the Bills and the Bills think we aren't interested they will offer less money to Coles. Then we can swoop in with a lower offer than it would take if the Bills or other teams knew we were competing for his services. This makes complete sense to me guys. SMOKE SCREEN if I ever saw one. Get people second guessing their offers so ours will look more attractive to Coles and we have the advantage with Pennington already.

Most logical thing I've read all day on the matter.

Dolphins tell Coles They dont want him per Rotoworld

Rotoworld says the Dolphins reached out to Coles to let him know that they are not interested in signing him. Well That sucks. He is going to Buffalo now. I dont know what we are doing but this is a terrible FA this year. We were good last year ...Well good enough to beat a whole bunch of sub .500 teams. We will be so lucky if we win 6 games next year. I dont care if a bunch of you bash me and cry either. We need to build through FA and the draft. Coles would have been a great addition. We could possibily have the worst WR group in the NFL . Ginn is a bum and was never worth a #9 pick. Camarillo wouldnt even start for any other team in the league and Bess well I like Bess. But our CB suck and our WR suck. So we cant throw the ball and we cant Defend the pass either. Looks like Bodden and Bartell are our last chances to sign someone besidies Wilson. I like him but cmon 1 player. berger doesnt even count he sucks and didnt we cut him a few years ago. Yeah in 05 06 he played for us and we cut him. Wow he should really help. Good job Bill. And Nicks or Bey are not going to save this team.

Rotoworld says the Dolphins reached out to Coles to let him know that they are not interested in signing him. Well That sucks. He is going to Buffalo now. I dont know what we are doing but this is a terrible FA this year. We were good last year ...Well good enough to beat a whole bunch of sub .500 teams. We will be so lucky if we win 6 games next year. I dont care if a bunch of you bash me and cry either. We need to build through FA and the draft. Coles would have been a great addition. We could possibily have the worst WR group in the NFL . Ginn is a bum and was never worth a #9 pick. Camarillo wouldnt even start for any other team in the league and Bess well I like Bess. But our CB suck and our WR suck. So we cant throw the ball and we cant Defend the pass either. Looks like Bodden and Bartell are our last chances to sign someone besidies Wilson. I like him but cmon 1 player. berger doesnt even count he sucks and didnt we cut him a few years ago. Yeah in 05 06 he played for us and we cut him. Wow he should really help. Good job Bill. And Nicks or Bey are not going to save this team.

The Tennessee Titans disagree with you.

CaSh that is such a great picture. That brings me right back to the moment. Captures the play and the season so well. Too bad Goodman is gone now.

I agree we are going to be in for a long year if we don't add some top tier talent to this roster! Trading the number 1 pick and one of our multiple 3rd round picks for Bouldin is a no brainer! He has only averaged 1082 yards and 6 TDS a year as a pro. We have ZERO starting caliber receivers! Just look at the playoff game Ginn tripping over his own feet and dropping hand offs! We only had Ginn, Bess and London dressed, hell I saw us in shotgun 4 wide sets with Cobbs and Fassano spread out. That is not going to cut it against the schedule we have next year.

With the money we have under the cap there is no reason we can not make a trade for Boldin and sign Mcfadden. If we go into preseason with this roster we will be like Parcels second year at the Cowboys STINK!

and the Oakland Raiders. and the Jets...and the Eagles...and the Redskins...and the Vikings...and the Seahawks...should I keep going? Some people just have no patience. First off FA is not over, we could still pick up plenty of good players. Second, I really dont think that spending lots of cash on a couple of players is the way to go. Dont you think that Parcells would have picked up some players if they thought they were the right ones for us? Of course they would. They dont really like any of the players in FA. Our receiving core is not bad, we need a true #1 but I really think that the FA out there are not right for us. We will draft one and he will start as a rookie then in his second year we will have a true #1 with him. As for CB I certainly do agree we need to pick one up in FA but so far they dont seem to want any out there. With receiver we can make it through next season with what we have and our new draftee, but CB we dont have 2 starters and starting a rookie CB will not work if we want to have a shot. BTW this was not meant to be directed at you Cedarphin, it was meant in response to the other guy.

Glad that's over.

I wouldn't have spent that much money on him, either.

So does Terrence McGee.

clear.gif

After reading Salguero's blog about how he is so right that we shouldn't sign Coles and bla bla bla I hope we sign him ASAP. I am getting sick of reading Salguero's crap. He is nothing but a know it all and he isn't a Fin Fan. He has something against us Fin Fans and the team. All he has talked about lately is how good the Jets and Patriots are going to be. Sickening man. I still am sticking to my guns on what I said earlier and will not be shocked if we sign Coles in the near future. WHY WOULD WE CALL AND SAY WE AREN'T INTERESTED, THAT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE! And the story of Pennington saying he wouldn't lobby for him. Pennington and Coles like each other so why would Pennington say anything like that publicly. If he didn't want him he would have just kept his mouth shut. This is all a ploy IMO and a very intelligent one at that. I am going to make the bold prediction that we sign Coles for 3-4 years @ 4-5 Million per season with 10-15 Million Guaranteed.

can't agree with that. you build through the draft. say it with me now. you build through the draft. FA is for plugging holes. there are countless teams that spent freely in FA and ended up missing the playoffs (jets, redskins, broncos). the perennial contenders (steelers, colts, patriots) do it through the draft.

Dolphins not interested in signing Laveranues Coles

Laveranues Coles-WR- JetsMar. 1 - 10:21 pm et
right_corner_player_news-1.gif
pixel-1.gif
pixel-1.gif
pixel-1.gif
pixel-1.gif

The Dolphins have reportedly reached out to free agent Laveranues Coles to let him know that they are not interested in signing him.
And that ends that. The Bills remain interested and the Bengals could target Coles as a fallback plan if they lose T.J. Houshmandzadeh, but there won't be any reunion with Chad Pennington despite Miami's weakness at wideout.
Source: Miami Herald
Related: Dolphins

Back
Top Bottom