Merged: The Official Nnamdi Asomugha Thread | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Nnamdi Asomugha Thread

He will get a REDICULOUS contract from some team but he's going to be worth it IMO. I still don't think Miami lands him but if they did even at a Huge price I'd be thrilled.

Last time i checked, no one on our team is capable of covering randy moss and we have to face them twice a year. We can put Asomugha on him and not have to worry about doubling him.

Jason created this...

Negative talk himself the way he handled his career at the end with the Dolphins. Im sure many if not all like him when he played and played hard for the fins but the way he acted at the end it was like he was on something. I do appreciate everything he did when he was here but what happened in the end if you dont want to play here any more then leave and he did. Good luck to you 99 but dont ever put on a Pats jersey.

I would seriously consider going after him even if he was franchised and it would cost us two firsts...here is why:

1. we signed Wake, a lot of scouts, teams feel that that was like having a first round pick.

2. So in reality, we will have Wake, and two second round picks, all we would be losing is next years 1st.

3. I hope that we are a good enough team that next years first isn't a top 20 pick. That would give us Wake, two seconds, and if we trade something else, we may even get a first next year, who knows.

99 vs. 1-15 Please !!!

Sparanooooo!!!! take it from the 11-5 ......

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

''The Redskins must comply with the cap by the start of the league year, Feb. 27, when the free agency period opens. They are likely to release at least one high priced veteran by then, with LB Marcus Washington and DE Jason Taylor prime candidates.''

You just know what JT-forpresident thinks about this ... :chuckle:

seriously, if he wants to come back for cheap i would get his *** back here ASAP. I know there wouldn't be a precise spot for him, the SOLB isn't really what jason is able to do, but he'd be a very usefull pass rusher in our 4 linemen nickel and dime formations... and he obviously could share the SOLB duties on longer 1st and 2nd downs ( i wouldn't see him play full time there, with the dropoff of his weight and his recent injury problems )

I would seriously consider going after him even if he was franchised and it would cost us two firsts...here is why:

1. we signed Wake, a lot of scouts, teams feel that that was like having a first round pick.

2. So in reality, we will have Wake, and two second round picks, all we would be losing is next years 1st.

3. I hope that we are a good enough team that next years first isn't a top 20 pick. That would give us Wake, two seconds, and if we trade something else, we may even get a first next year, who knows.
I'm excited about having Wake in a fins uniform, but I'm not sure he is like a first round pick. He may turn out to be a great pickup, but if he's like a first round pick, then he better be STARTING this year. His coverage skills have been called into question and a starting LB in the 3-4 needs to be able cover at least some of the time. I think as of right now, he is a situational pass rusher which is in no way a first round pick.

Last time i checked, no one on our team is capable of covering randy moss and we have to face them twice a year. We can put Asomugha on him and not have to worry about doubling him.

well said. sad part is brady is back next year so it'll be a disaster once again. oh and on top of that, we can't cover a damn spread offense either and the teams we face next year....panthers, chargers, pats, texans, colts, panthers....im about to throw up....

Great player, but this guy could potentially obtain the biggest defensive contract of all time. Combine that with, Parcells will not be known as the guy who handed out the biggest defensive contract of all time, and it's pretty easy to see why Asomugha will not be a fin.

Numurous sources have said Sparano is in LOVE with Aso and that if he does hit the market that this FO will be on him first thing b/c they want a tall shut down guy and who better then the best.

Towards the 4th quarter of the year ppl on fox, cbs, espn, scouts, analysts, etc were saying he is hte most feared Defensive player since Dion Sanders.

difference here is ppl still test Champ at times but with Aso, he gets tested what? once a game IFFFFFFFFFF that?

He's only a cornerback, and would be too expensive for what his true value actually would be. We have much more immediate needs on this team such as nose tackle, possibly right tackle, center, wide receiver, and then cornerback. We can improve in the secondary for sure, but don't need to break the bank for one, honestly.

I used to really think elite corners were important, and certainly if you have one, it's a nice thing to have. But, the more I watch the really good defenses, the Giants of 07, last years ravens and Steelers, and titans, etc. they all have one thing in common. Decent corners for sure, and in the case of Baltimore, Ed Reed who's like from another planet, but what really makes those defenses great is:

1. You can't run on them

2. Disruptive at the line of scrimmage with their tackles and ends. In particular, their tackles. Albert haynesworth, Casey Hampton, Haloti Ngata anyone?

3. Incredible pass rushing and run stopping linebackers

The secondary is good, but probably looks better than they actually are because of the above 3 points.

I guess what i'm trying to say, is that whilst I agree it would be nice to have a really good corner to help us not get embarassed by the Larry fitzgeralds and randy Moss's of the world, it doesn't make sense to break the bank for one, when in reality, those guys can't be stopped by any of the corners out there anyways, but rather get stopped by stopping the run, making the team one dimensional, and then by hitting the quarter back from up the middle, all sides, early and often and that means, a nose tackle, and pass rushing ends and linebackers.

That's what we need to invest in more than anything on the defensive side of the ball IMHO.

I disagree that NT is an "immediate" need. It "is" a need, but not an immediate need. We have Ferguson and Soliai there right now, with Starks able to play the pass rushing NT on 3rd downs.

We can use competition with Soliai for the future starting NT and backup NT...but its not an immediate need, like if we don't have a body there right now type.

Immediate need would be FS (we don't have one right now, even if we sign Hill, we need a backup or competition), C (we need at least a backup as Al Johnson is not re-signed and questions remain about Satele), OT (we have no backups for Long or Carey...and Carey isn't re-signed yet, but should at least be franchised, if not re-signed...

That's an immediate need. WE need an "eventual" replacement at NT and OLB, but Ferguson has a backup and Porter now has a backup in Wake...

Numurous sources have said Sparano is in LOVE with Aso and that if he does hit the market that this FO will be on him first thing b/c they want a tall shut down guy and who better then the best.

Towards the 4th quarter of the year ppl on fox, cbs, espn, scouts, analysts, etc were saying he is hte most feared Defensive player since Dion Sanders.

difference here is ppl still test Champ at times but with Aso, he gets tested what? once a game IFFFFFFFFFF that?

:lol: ...Did you have to put it like that? Parcells is in love with ASO? :lol2: ...and that if he does HIT the MARKet....:lol:

Just kidding...

well said. sad part is brady is back next year so it'll be a disaster once again. oh and on top of that, we can't cover a damn spread offense either and the teams we face next year....panthers, chargers, pats, texans, colts, panthers....im about to throw up....

So thats Steve Smith, Vincent Jackson, Randy moss and Wes Welker twice, Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, Marques Colston, and Andre Johnson. Who from our team is gonna cover them? Will Allen, Jason Allen, Goodman? If we had Asomugha, we wouldn't be worrying about any of them. We could focus more on the run heavy teams like Carolina and Tennessee.

You might have mis-heard that: what I've heard some say is that he's the equivalent of a first DAY pick.
:up:

Oak money on 2009 book: Oakland ($116 million).
Projected Cap for 2009: 124 million
http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2009/02/nfl-cap-space-in-2009.html

Cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha was an exclusive franchise player last year at $9.765 million. He reportedly cleaned out his locker at the end of the season, and now the Raiders have to use an $11.7 million tag to keep him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80eba064&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

116 + 11.7 = 127.7 million, that would put Oak 3.7 million over the cap..and that's without signing draftees and any FA's.

So unless they cut a lot of players, it would be tough to Franchise him..

I would pee my pants if we could get him without giving up 2 first rounders.

Back
Top Bottom