Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread | Page 105 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread

I don't want Green, but if we're going to get him, the fins front office better hold strong to their offer and wait til green is cut. Cam can send Green the playbook and have him study everything until then.

I don't want Green, but if we're going to get him, the fins front office better hold strong to their offer and wait til green is cut. Cam can send Green the playbook and have him study everything until then.

You can rest assured we wont send KC what they want and most likely at this point will hold to our offers and not give up more than a 6th. If were going to give them what they wanted we would have done it by now. At this point I think we are waiting for KC to release him unless we give them a player and a 6th ot 7th on draft day

Anyone Else Not Worried About Green?

I don't think that we need to worry about acquiring Trent Green. I believe that during day 2 of the draft, the Chiefs will fold from their demands of a 2nd round pick and a 7th round pick, and take a 6th rounder for Green.

I believe this for many reasons. First off, Trent Green wants to play for the Miami Dolphins, he even turned down a visit to Cleveland a few weeks ago that the Chiefs had set-up. Secondly, with his current contract they will have to do something with him (whether its trade him or cut him), because they gave former Dolphin Damon Huard "starter" money.

So in the end, im really not concerned with the Trent Green situation, because we basically hold the power not the Chiefs. Like i said look for Green to join the Dolphins on day 2 of the draft for a 6th round pick.

It depends on what we do as far as a QB on Day 1. If our top 4 to 5 prospects start flying off the board, then look for more interest. Otherwise, why give picks for someone who will be cut and has already stated that he wants to play for us and only us because of Cam? He knows the system, so it's not like it's a rush to get him in here like it was with Joey last year.

I don't think that we need to worry about acquiring Trent Green. I believe that during day 2 of the draft, the Chiefs will fold from their demands of a 2nd round pick and a 7th round pick, and take a 6th rounder for Green.

I believe this for many reasons. First off, Trent Green wants to play for the Miami Dolphins, he even turned down a visit to Cleveland a few weeks ago that the Chiefs had set-up. Secondly, with his current contract they will have to do something with him (whether its trade him or cut him), because they gave former Dolphin Damon Huard "starter" money.

So in the end, im really not concerned with the Trent Green situation, because we basically hold the power not the Chiefs. Like i said look for Green to join the Dolphins on day 2 of the draft for a 6th round pick.

Valid points. Two things to consider:

1) Huard didn't get starter money. He got $7.5M over 3 years. That's not starting QB money.

2) The Chiefs will have to do something with Green, but they don't have to do it now. They really can afford to wait until well into the preseason.

KC just traded Dante Hall to the Rams for a 5th. I just don't see Green getting traded for less than a 4th

how close are we to acquiring trent green?

does anyone know if this deal will get done before/on/after draft day?

Unknown, but sooner or later, KC will give to our demands. That, or they'll pay Green his 7 million.

Could we be getting trent green to trade him to oakland for moss?

hi guys this is my first post so take it easy on me but, it's no secrete that the raiders need a qb and the cheifs won't trade with them, so is it at all possible the c-pep is on the road to recovery but we're just going to add a reciver for him? Lets say we aquire green for a certain price then we trade him to oakland for moss or porter, i think oakland is shopping both of them, and that way we add a wr to our offense and we could draft quinn on saturday or whoever and we don't take ted ginn jr, and focus on our much needed position to fill like the o-line.

Back
Top Bottom