Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread | Page 107 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread

hi guys this is my first post so take it easy on me but, it's no secrete that the raiders need a qb and the cheifs won't trade with them, so is it at all possible the c-pep is on the road to recovery but we're just going to add a reciver for him? Lets say we aquire green for a certain price then we trade him to oakland for moss or porter, i think oakland is shopping both of them, and that way we add a wr to our offense and we could draft quinn on saturday or whoever and we don't take ted ginn jr, and focus on our much needed position to fill like the o-line.

Um. No offense and I really dont want to go here but, this might be the stupidest suggestion I have ever heard in my life. I literally have taken a minute since I first read this to respond because I have spent some time just laughing. WTF. Seriously how long have you been watching football. If you are a teen or something I apolagize and can understand how you might come up with this. You just cant be serious if you are an adult.

Um. No offense and I really dont want to go here but, this might be the stupidest suggestion I have ever heard in my life. I literally have taken a minute since I first read this to respond because I have spent some time just laughing. WTF. Seriously how long have you been watching football. If you are a teen or something I apolagize and can understand how you might come up with this. You just cant be serious if you are an adult.

I agree!! WTF was all that rambling about??

Bro, what part of YOU'RE ONLY 5.1 million under the cap don't you understand? And that was before the tenders you placed, the 4 free-agents you signed, and the 6 draft picks you currently have? His cap hit BTW is 9.128 million, with his base salary at 7 million.
As hilarious as it is to watch someone act like a cap expert for a team he doesn't follow, you're way off on this. First of all, KC drastically reduced their cap by doing a new deal for Tony Gonzalez. Gonzalez wasn't technically a free agent, he was able to void the final year or two of his contract because of incentives he reached. But those years were still on the books and still figured into their cap projections. Gonzalez is a highly paid player, the final years of a deal are often the most bloated, and KC wiped those years out by doing a new deal. Thus, their cap space increased dramatically.

You're also unaware of the fact that KC got a $9 million cap credit from the league because certain players (probably Trent Green) didn't achieve certain performance bonuses that KC had expected to pay.

They're well under the cap and can more than afford to keep Trent Green. The Dolphins media should be embarrased about their coverage of this situation, because they've led all Dolphins fans into thinking we have all the cards.

WE DON'T.

The only question is whether we cave in the next 24 hours or whether we panic when minicamps approach and we still don't have a QB. And if it takes that long, Carl Peterson will bend Randy over like they were in a prison shower.

As hilarious as it is to watch someone act like a cap expert for a team he doesn't follow, you're way off on this. First of all, KC drastically reduced their cap by doing a new deal for Tony Gonzalez. Gonzalez wasn't technically a free agent, he was able to void the final year or two of his contract because of incentives he reached. But those years were still on the books and still figured into their cap projections. Gonzalez is a highly paid player, the final years of a deal are often the most bloated, and KC wiped those years out by doing a new deal. Thus, their cap space increased dramatically.

You're also unaware of the fact that KC got a $9 million cap credit from the league because certain players (probably Trent Green) didn't achieve certain performance bonuses that KC had expected to pay.

They're well under the cap and can more than afford to keep Trent Green. The Dolphins media should be embarrased about their coverage of this situation, because they've led all Dolphins fans into thinking we have all the cards.

WE DON'T.

The only question is whether we cave in the next 24 hours or whether we panic when minicamps approach and we still don't have a QB. And if it takes that long, Carl Peterson will bend Randy over like they were in a prison shower.

If you want to talk about the cap then I'll talk. I suppose you missed the part that Len Pasquarelli reported KC cap room at $4.9 million under the cap as of 4/11/07.

Since then Willie Shields' retirement cost them $945 thousand, James Reed's 2007 cap charge is $662k and the Rookie Pool Allocation is approximately $3 million with at least $2 million of that being charged to Team Salary when the players are signed.

So lets see, $4.9 million less $3.607 million, that we know of, leaves $1.293 million, which should be used as an emergency fund.

That leaves the Chiefs very tight without the relief Green's trade would provide.

A Larry Johnson trade on or before 6/01 saves $331 thousand and after 6/01 saves $1.9 million. Trading Johnson after 6/01 would give the Chiefs the cap relief they need but with other clubs knowing this getting good value for Johnson will be more difficult. And King Carl will not trade Johnson unless he gets a good deal.

I know KC fans that don't want to admit Green is going to be a cap casualty think no other players have to be signed for training camp or that $500 thousand more of the rookie cap allocation may be charged. Better to be spiteful for a second day pick and hold Green's $9.149 cap charge in Team Salary, hindering any needed player moves until the season starts.

Edit: Dante Hall's trade adds back $1.025 million to the Chiefs cap room. So that's about $2.3 million in cap room.

Wasn't it said that Green would be a Dolphin before the draft? Well, here it is, the day before the 2007 NFL draft. How likely is it that Green will sign today?

Wasn't it said that Green would be a Dolphine before the draft? Well, here it is, the day before the 2007 NFL draft. How likely is it that Green will sign today?

Wasn't what was really said was the trade would probably happen just before the draft??? That's assuming Peterson is reasonable and wants a draft pick this year.

Green supposedly has already reached a deal with the Dolphins and will sign when Peterson decides to trade or release him.

Back
Top Bottom