Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread | Page 108 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread

Draft/Trade Speculation

For weeks leading to the draft there has been talks between the Dolphins and Chiefs about a possible trade that would send Trent Green packing to Miami for draft picks. I believe the deal has not been completed ,not because of the draft compensation the Chiefs are demanding ,but rather because the Dolphins are going to wait and see if anyone is worth taking at number 9 (Brady Quinn). I think they already have something in place that would send Trent Green and and the Chiefs 1st and 2nd for our first and a conditional 6th rounder. If by some chance Quinn is there at nine I think the trade would still be completed but with a different combination of next years picks instead.

Now we just have to wait and see to see how the draft plays out. Just one more day guys... Its about damn time...

I want Green, I do. He is a good QB, who would make us competitive this season, but I dont wanna give up much for him - but I really want Quinn!!

"Chiefs 1st and 2nd for our first and a conditional 6th rounder."

Think the chiefs will trade us a first and second, and trent green, for our first and a conditional sixth. whatcha smokin son?

"Chiefs 1st and 2nd for our first and a conditional 6th rounder."

Think the chiefs will trade us a first and second, and trent green, for our first and a conditional sixth. whatcha smokin son?

Think about it before you post "SON". We have the ninth pick in the draft. according to the Draft Value Point Chart our pick is worth 1350 points and the Chiefs is worth 760 and there 2nd is worth 360. Do the math "SON" and you will see its not enough to give up there first and second to get to number 9...

Hell if you want an old Qb talk Bledose out of retirement, he is actually younger than Green and played no worse than he did last year. Trading for Green is a dumbazz idea. Picking him up when cut is ok, but giving up any pick for a 37 year old Qb that was bad last year makes no sense.

Hell if you want an old Qb talk Bledose out of retirement, he is actually younger than Green and played no worse than he did last year. Trading for Green is a dumbazz idea. Picking him up when cut is ok, but giving up any pick for a 37 year old Qb that was bad last year makes no sense.

Youre right i wouldnt give anything up for Green either. I would stay put and draft a QB in the second round. Maybe we can start Cleo Lemon and have him mentor a young QB while Culpepper is STILL in rehab :lol:. Trent Green isnt the answer to anyones team hes just a short term solution/problem for our team.

Is this your first draft lad?

Nope it isnt my first draft. I just thought i'd throw that idea out there because noones said anything regarding Trent Green and our first pick factoring in on the trade scenario. Otherwise i think we would have struck a deal with the Chiefs already. Theres been way too many talks between the Phins and the Chiefs leading up to now, somethings gotta give...

John Clayton just said the Chiefs have come down from the 2nd and 7th Round pick.The Dolphins on the other hand are not settling for anything less than a 6th. He say expect a deal to be reached possibly today or on the Weekend.

latest trent green news

john clayton just said that is unlikely a trade will get done today, the cheifs have budged off their origianal offer of a 2nd and a 7th, but they phins are firm on only giving a 6th, he said that it is likely they will get something done by sunday, it was just reported on nfl live

Back
Top Bottom