Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread

QB Green, Dolphins are still talking

The agent for Chiefs quarterback Trent Green said the Dolphins remain interested in a potential trade for his client, but it has been a ''slow-moving'' deal.

Chiefs' trading block since the club re-signed quarterback Damon Huard.

It also remains possible the Dolphins could pick up Green off waivers if Kansas City is eventually forced to cut him without a trade in place.

http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/46719.html

:confused: Just yesterday there was an article about talks cooling.Maybe they are waiting for him to be cut.

I think (1 the Dolphins are first waiting to see how the progress of Daunte Culpepper is going, (2 they are waiting for KC to bring their price down for Green, and/or (3 they want Green to accept a signficant pay cut from his current salary.

The agent for Chiefs quarterback Trent Green said the Dolphins remain interested in a potential trade for his client, but it has been a ''slow-moving'' deal.

Chiefs' trading block since the club re-signed quarterback Damon Huard.

It also remains possible the Dolphins could pick up Green off waivers if Kansas City is eventually forced to cut him without a trade in place.

http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/46719.html

:confused: Just yesterday there was an article about talks cooling.Maybe they are waiting for him to be cut.

I'm pretty sure as a vet, Green wouldn't go through the waiver system. I believe if he's cut he would be a UFA.

IMO Green will eventually get here to Miami.

i hope they let all three QB's battle it out, and let the best man win.........if healthy and mentally ready no doubt Duante will win out...but Green will be able to pick up the system faster since he played under Norv and cam in washington.....so im afraid that might give Green the edge, even though he is not the answer

so now are we trying to get older on offense as were trying to get younger on defense or what????

what use do we have for a 38 year old qb. Is cam's offense so hard that it will be hard for guys to catch on. Is this like sabans D that takes forever and a day to pick up on or what??? I am sure we could bring in somebody a little younger if we really don't think daunte will be ready.
the chances of us drafting quinn, russell or stanton is slim to none, and those are the only three qb's I would want coming out of this draft.

I love the fact that Wanny benched the guy who benched the guy we are interested in.

so now are we trying to get older on offense as were trying to get younger on defense or what????

what use do we have for a 38 year old qb. Is cam's offense so hard that it will be hard for guys to catch on. Is this like sabans D that takes forever and a day to pick up on or what??? I am sure we could bring in somebody a little younger if we really don't think daunte will be ready.
the chances of us drafting quinn, russell or stanton is slim to none, and those are the only three qb's I would want coming out of this draft.

A 38 year old QB, Green inparticular, would be a great mentor for a Brady Quinn/Stanton.

I'm not trying to bash Daunte, I'm just speaking honestly judging from the temper tantrum he threw when benched last year. If we were to move up for Brady Quinn and if Quinn was to "win" the starting job in training camp, the odds are Daunte would not respond professionally.

Trent Green on the other hand, realizing his age and place in the NFL, though still disapointed, would serve as a better tutor/teammate to the youngster.

This is my opinion on Macho Cam Randy Savage's interest in Green. I truly believe they are not dumb enough to repeat the same mistake their predecessrs made.

didnt green refuse to take the paycut because he wanted to be a starter and therefore receive starting qb money????

sounds like he is really interested in tutoring russell/quinn/stanton.... neither of the three which we are likely to land by the way.

didnt green refuse to take the paycut because he wanted to be a starter and therefore receive starting qb money????

sounds like he is really interested in tutoring russell/quinn/stanton.... neither of the three which we are likely to land by the way.

Frerotte refused to take a pay cut to be a back up here but happily accepted one to be a back up in STL.

Jack McKeon(former World Series championship coach of the Marlins) was on Joe Rose this morning and Rose asked him if he ever thinks back to the many times the media questioned moves he made late in the championship season that turned out to be genius now though highly oppossed at the time.

McKeon responded with a story were he talked about playing against Tom Glavine and he was planning to start Pudge Rodriguez. Some reporter, on asking him who would catch today, said "Don't you know Redman is hitting .800 against Glavine?"

"So what?" McKeon told the guy, "I'm gonna start Pudge and that's all there is to it."

Pudge when on to hit a homerun with one man on and the Marlins took the game 2-0.

When explaining the decison McKeon said "Stats are a beautiful thing, but you never know how a guy feels that day. Did he have an argument with his wife the night before. Is he having an off day mentally?" That is just as significant as any other factor.

My point is, you don't know what the situation is in Kansas City. Perhaps Green is as insulted as Frerotte was when passed over for the starting job even though he clearly earned it making him more than satisfied to be a back up and mentor any place else but Kansas City.

I'm not going to say this is a "sure things" just yet, but it's starting to sound more and more like Cameron / Mueller have new plans for the Phinz at the Qb position. Plans that do not include Culpepper. Maybe I'm way out of line in thinking so, but it's pretty hard to deny it anymore in my opinion....

At this stage, I think Cameron / Mueller are just waiting it out until Green becomes available, and once he does, he's ours for the taking. We've hired the Chiefs Qb's coach in T. Shea already, and with our sights on drafing a young Qb, Green would be the veteran Qb to help bring him along....

These are just my opinions, and I could be wrong, but right now I think it's almost inevitable that Green becomes our new starting Qb. I'm sure I'll get slammed for thinking so, but that's the way I feel....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

I'm not going to say this is a "sure things" just yet, but it's starting to sound more and more like Cameron / Mueller have new plans for the Phinz at the Qb position. Plans that do not include Culpepper. Maybe I'm way out of line in thinking so, but it's pretty hard to deny it anymore in my opinion....

At this stage, I think Cameron / Mueller are just waiting it out until Green becomes available, and once he does, he's ours for the taking. We've hired the Chiefs Qb's coach in T. Shea already, and with our sights on drafing a young Qb, Green would be the veteran Qb to help bring him along....

These are just my opinions, and I could be wrong, but right now I think it's almost inevitable that Green becomes our new starting Qb. I'm sure I'll get slammed for thinking so, but that's the way I feel....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

i agree , its only a matter of time. green will give us the best chance to win this year to.

I have been saying it for a while.

First, why would the Fins be trying to sign Lemon to a long term contract. Second, the Dolphins have been in talks with the chiefs since before Green was given permission to seek a trade. Third, Mueller has sad he is looking into Drafting a QB. With all this things happening it is a given that Mueller and Cameron are not happy with the QB position. Alot of fans think DC will be back just cause Cameron said he was a hard worker, but you failed to understand was that he also said, he was looking for a QB that didnt have the strongest arm but the leadership skills and the will to drive the ball every chance he got the ball. DC has the strongest arm, but his leadership skill and his football intelegence have been question alot threw out the years. Im sorry Dolfans, but it seems like our QB situation will look very different in the next couple months and dont be surprised if DC is placed on IR again or released.

Trent Green

I do not feel Trent Green will help us out at all. If Culpepper is healthy (which he should be by now), he gives the offense the best chance to win. Green's concussion slowed him down tremendously last year. I feel C-pep should be ready. Keeping Cleo Lemon and drafting drew stanton possibly would be the best route. Don't give updraft pick(s) for a QB that is now 37. Not worth it IMO

So then why are we interested in him if he doesn't give us a chance to win? Blind ambition here? Is this organization that insane?

Back
Top Bottom