Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread

Mods, why did this Trent thread get merged again? It is new, pretty interesting news, and you're likely to miss it if you dont check this mega-thread that has been created.

I mean, I understand wanting to keep the board uncluttered, but does every post related to Trent Green have to be merged into this one? I found this latest article to be pretty substantial news. Just an opinion/suggestion. Wondering if others agree.

Thanks for all you guys do though. I know it cant be easy trying to please everyone.

As for the article, for a seventh this is a no-brainer. Bring Trent in.

Theyre reporting its being discussed for the 2nd we got for welker??? Are you kidding me?? For a 37 yr old washed up qb who's one big hit from retirement and could never cut it in KC??? NO WAY!!! I'd rather have Carr...

IT IS A SEVENTH ROUND PICK!

THE SECOND OF OUR SEVENTH ROUNDERS ACQUIRED IN THAT DEAL!

I cannot believe this is now two sources making the same error. Did the editors go home early tonight?

Theyre reporting the 2nd on Rotoworld????? It would be tough not to absolutely hate upper management if thats true... it just cant be.

The article clearly says the second of our two seventh round picks.

They merely misread the article.

Theyre reporting the 2nd on Rotoworld????? It would be tough not to absolutely hate upper management if thats true... it just cant be.
Rotoworld is referring to the PBP article. The PBP says the second of the 7th round picks. Rotoworld just screwed up.

To acquire Green, the Dolphins likely would trade the second seventh-round draft pick they obtained from New England for receiver Wes Welker.

Thank goodness!

I truly have no idea why we would even explore trading for this guy.

Because he will cost a 7th round pick and close to the veterans minimum, which is peanuts and because he has experience in the system to either help Daunte transition into it, or to come in and lead the team should the knee continue to be a problem.

I dont see why theres even a question.

I truly have no idea why we would even explore trading for this guy.

Trent Green for a 7th round pick is a great move.

We are bringing him in to groom our future QB. Plus he is an instant upgrade over our current starter.

We are bringing him in to groom our future QB. Plus he is an instant upgrade over our current starter.

Depends on who you consider the starter. if Culppeper gets healthy than green is not an upgrade. I would rather explore a trade for David Carr than green. Hell play Cleo if we have to.

reading rotoworld.com's report scared the living crap out of me. i wuld of said if they considering a 2nd rd pick for green, maybe we should give mueller that wonderlic test cuz it would be so stupid.

Agreed. For a 7th, he'd still be worth it if the rookie beat him out in training camp.

The Rook would benefit from seeing how a 15 year vet prepares for practices, meetings, and breaking down opponent's tendencies as a professional. Yeah, coaches handle that, but sometimes you can pick it up faster if there is a guy sitting on your side of the desk you can emulate. And there's always the chance Green has a little something left in the tank... till midseason, anyway.

Back
Top Bottom