Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread

So then why are we interested in him if he doesn't give us a chance to win? Blind ambition here? Is this organization that insane?

I believe the only reason they may possibly do this trade is because they want Trent Green showing brady quinn the ropes. Moving up the board to get him since there was ties with our new QB coach. Not saying it is a huge mistake, just feel Culpepper, if healthy, gives us a few more years than trent green would.

I believe the only reason they may possibly do this trade is because they want Trent Green showing brady quinn the ropes. Moving up the board to get him since there was ties with our new QB coach. Not saying it is a huge mistake, just feel Culpepper, if healthy, gives us a few more years than trent green would.

Here is the reason, IMHO, why there has been many rumors of a possible trade. No one really knows.

It has been said on these boards more times than i can count that brady can start day one. So I certainly hope that is not the reason we would try to acquire somebody elses 38 year old backup qb.

Even if does get cut he's going to command a pretty pricey contract... and for what two years at most.
If we are dead set on replacing culpepper than I would just as soon go after somebody younger or do what it takes to draft quinn.

I mean if that is our biggest problem as some of you say, than do what most of us don't want to do and trade up to get quinn or russell. Don't just put a 38 year old band aid on it for a year or two, than we are in the same boat in two years.

This makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. This is such a wanny move that it makes me sick to my stomach. We have taken a few steps forward this offseason getting rid of dead weight.

I still hold out hope this transaction never takes place.

It has been said on these boards more times than i can count that brady can start day one.

I certainly wouldn't want Quinn being thrown into the starting position as a rookie, and I highly doubt Cameron would do that. You groom Quinn for a year behind a veteran who can show him the ropes / lead him in the right direction before handing him the offense....

So I certainly hope that is not the reason we would try to acquire somebody elses 38 year old backup qb.

Green's age should have very little impact on the Qb position if we draft Quinn. He'd be that proven veteran that can get Quinn headed in the right direction, and it would likely only be for one season. Beyond Green's concussion issue, he's been one of the NFL's top rated Qb's. Not to mention he's already familiar with the offense that Cameron is installing in Miami....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

I certainly wouldn't want Quinn being thrown into the starting position as a rookie, and I highly doubt Cameron would do that. You groom Quinn for a year behind a veteran who can show him the ropes / lead him in the right direction before handing him the offense....

If we trade up and take quinn at number two, HE BETTER PLAY. you don't sit a #2 overall. all i have heard from the quinn crew is how ready he is to start. weis' prostyle offense and blah blah blah. well than play him. It was bad enough watching our 16th overall sit most of last year.

Green's age should have very little impact on the Qb position if we draft Quinn. He'd be that proven veteran that can get Quinn headed in the right direction, and it would likely only be for one season. Beyond Green's concussion issue, he's been one of the NFL's top rated Qb's. Not to mention he's already familiar with the offense that Cameron is installing in Miami....

Ya I know... all those games he played in washington in cam's offense. or was it just what he did in practice that impresses you so much about his knowledge of cams offense.
One concussion and that dude can't even talk to his family when he's in his fifties.

PHINZ RULE!!!!

I agree wholeheartedly... phinz rule.

2413fanphins Quote - If we trade up and take quinn at number two, HE BETTER PLAY. you don't sit a #2 overall.

I don't see what the major rush is?? It's the long term investment that matters most. If that means sitting / grooming your rookie Qb for a year, and making sure he's ready, then that's the way to go about doing it in my opinion. We're in no hurry here, and this season should be viewed as one of building towards the future rather than making a run at the Super Bowl....

all i have heard from the quinn crew is how ready he is to start. weis' prostyle offense and blah blah blah. well than play him. It was bad enough watching our 16th overall sit most of last yearthe

It's not that cut and dry, if it were, all rookies would start. The Qb position is also one of the most difficult to learn / adjust to coming out of college. Even though Quinn has been playing in a so called NFL system while at ND under Wies, doesn't automatically make him "ready to go" on day one. I would groom him for a year regardless so that when that time comes, it's a smoother transition for the player as a result....

Ya I know... all those games he played in washington in cam's offense. or was it just what he did in practice that impresses you so much about his knowledge of cams offense.

Other than his age, what's not to like about Green?? He's experienced, he's been one of the league's most accurate Qb's during his career, and he's what many consider the perfect veteran leader who can help bring along a young Qb like Quinn or whoever we choose to draft. The coaching that is in place is another major factor here, Green has worked extensively with both Cameron / Shea.....

One concussion and that dude can't even talk to his family when he's in his fifties.

That's his decision to make, not ours. If he chooses to continue playing, and risking future damage that's his call. The same can be said of Culpepper too. One more major pop in the knee, and he's in a wheelchair at 50. It goes both ways....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Mark My Words if we do sign Trent Green our draft will be like this

Levi Brown in the 1st
Drew Staton with our 2nd
and a WR or CB with our other 2nd

Drew rides the bench this year and learns the system from Trent

i think thats the way its gonna play out we wont move up for a QB

I don't see what the major rush is?? It's the long term investment that matters most. If that means sitting / grooming your rookie Qb for a year, and making sure he's ready, then that's the way to go about doing it in my opinion. We're in no hurry here, and this season should be viewed as one of building towards the future rather than making a run at the Super Bowl....

It's not that cut and dry, if it were, all rookies would start. The Qb position is also one of the most difficult to learn / adjust to coming out of college. Even though Quinn has been playing in a so called NFL system while at ND under Wies, doesn't automatically make him "ready to go" on day one. I would groom him for a year regardless so that when that time comes, it's a smoother transition for the player as a result....

Other than his age, what's not to like about Green?? He's experienced, he's been one of the league's most accurate Qb's during his career, and he's what many consider the perfect veteran leader who can help bring along a young Qb like Quinn or whoever we choose to draft. The coaching that is in place is another major factor here, Green has worked extensively with both Cameron / Shea.....

That's his decision to make, not ours. If he chooses to continue playing, and risking future damage that's his call. The same can be said of Culpepper too. One more major pop in the knee, and he's in a wheelchair at 50. It goes both ways....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

The second overall pick should be playing, regardless of position. If we are going to spend what it takes to trade up to #2, and than let him sit..... I among many others would have a hard time stomaching that. Especially in a year where more than likely all of the top ten picks are going to be starting for whoever drafts them.

As for your trent green comment being one of the best qb's throughout his career... his numbers across the board are quite comparable to the qb we already have on our roster. Except with five more years nfl experience.
This is a deal that simply should not happen, especially if we have give up picks for the guy... let alone overpay him if he gets cut.

trent green give us the best chance to win next year, but Duante give us the best chance to fix out QB position for the next 5 or so years.............i take the gamble and go with duante, if he diesnt cut it this season, then get rid of him....why would you rid yourself of someone who you traded a 2nd round pick and already wasted a season on, before you see what he can do? thats insane

trent green give us the best chance to win next year, but Duante give us the best chance to fix out QB position for the next 5 or so years.............i take the gamble and go with duante, if he diesnt cut it this season, then get rid of him....why would you rid yourself of someone who you traded a 2nd round pick and already wasted a season on, before you see what he can do? thats insane

I definately agree with you...

conversely if we release cpep and sign green and aren't lucky enough to land quinn or stanton... which I still think we would have to trade up to land either.... we are in the same boat in one to two years... If green doesn't get hurt the first year he comes here.

Please no Trent Green

I'm sure alot of you will disagree with me but I really don't want us to trade for him. How is a 37 year old quarterback going to help a team in rebuilding mode (it can't be denied that we are at least in a minor rebuilding stage). I realize that Green has had some good years BUT....

a) he is old,

b) he is coming off a serious head injury,

c) he is coming off a season in which he didn't play that well when given the opportunity AND was seriously outperformed by Damon Huard (formerly of the Dolphins)

Who is with me on this? I didn't want Daunte and I got flamed for it....I didn't want Porter and I was flamed again...for some reason however I don't expect to be chastised quite as much for this opinion

at least they wont overpay for green still hoping quinn falls, or maybe trade to the 6th pick for quinn

Back
Top Bottom