Merged: "Thugs and Hoodlums" -Bill Parcells | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: "Thugs and Hoodlums" -Bill Parcells

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
Remember this?

I’m interested in good character people. I don’t want thugs and hoodlums on the team. I really don’t. I don’t want bad character guys. I don’t want problem children. I’m more willing to let someone else try to address those things with other people.

There's been a lot of speculation about Chad Johnson on the Dolphins, although most of it died when he went on to make media overtures toward pretty much every other team in the NFL after his infamous "Parcels, call me" remark.

I admit, when it looked like he wanted specifically to go to Miami, I thought it was possible he was growing up a bit...just because there could be no doubt he's spoken to Keyshawn Johnson about what Parcells is willing to accept on his teams, and if Chad still wants Miami then I guess he must be willing to change.

So much for that.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7773376/Johnson-still-making-news-for-wrong-reasons

Before leaving, Johnson was stopped by a member of the league's media relations department (Michael Lipman) for me and another reporter. I asked Johnson whether he was having a better off-season after venting some of his frustration publicly at the Super Bowl.

Johnson walked off without answering the question. Lipman tried speaking with him again, only to get shoved. The much-bigger Johnson then stared down Lipman before stepping onto a jitney headed toward the players' hotel.

"Thugs and hoodlums"

Remember that line. Parcells won't touch Chad Johnson. If he does, he's a hypocrite.

I agree, but Parcells did put up with Terrel Owens, I doubt Chad Johnson gets traded here though. He will probably end up back with cincy or with oakland.

I wanted him initially.....but F him. He's turning into another T.O. (and even T.O. never bullied reporters that I can remember)

and I completely agree with the hypocrite statement.....but it wouldn't surprise me to see him proven one if he thinks it will help the team win.

I also dont see this as a smart trade. Bill Parcells is building for the future, whats Chad Johnson going to be in 3-4 years? In about 2-3 years, thats when we start trading for some big names an really start beefing up our team with the young talent already acquired and set in place over the previous couple of years.

I agree, but Parcells did put up with Terrel Owens, I doubt Chad Johnson gets traded here though. He will probably end up back with cincy or with oakland.

You HAVE to remember though about Terrell Owens that the move was purely, 100% a Jerry Jones call, and it totally opened the rift between Parcells and the team that ended with Parcells leaving, and eventually, Jeff Ireland, Brian Gaine, Todd Bowles, Kacy Rodgers and Paul Pasqualoni leaving as well.

One thing people are missing with C.Johnson isn't that he's a thug or whatever(I think he's great and likes to have fun with football) but his contract is almost completely counted against the cap if traded/cut(I'm not saying he'll get cut).With that alone there's a 99% chance he's not going anywhere unless the offer is too good to say no too(therefore why would we do it) or he's such a "cancer" that the Bungles have no choice but get rid of him(again then why would you want him especially around a young QB).

I don't know what really happened, but just remember not to be too close-minded. We all know that reporters can be a pain in the *** and then all we hear is their side of the story. Again, i'm not supporting either side, just trying to be open minded.

why did he put up with TO??? cause he HAD too.... two words says why... Jerry Jones

If we get Chad great, but if not, there are plenty of WR's out there.

I agree that Chad Johnson stands no chance of being a Dolphin, but not because he's a thug or hoodlum. Distraction? Yes. Thug and/or hoodlum, I don't think so.

I agree that Chad Johnson stands no chance of being a Dolphin, but not because he's a thug or hoodlum. Distraction? Yes. Thug and/or hoodlum, I don't think so.

Lipman tried speaking with him again, only to get shoved. The much-bigger Johnson then stared down Lipman before stepping onto a jitney headed toward the players' hotel.

that's not a thug? bully?

Remember this?

There's been a lot of speculation about Chad Johnson on the Dolphins, although most of it died when he went on to make media overtures toward pretty much every other team in the NFL after his infamous "Parcels, call me" remark.

I admit, when it looked like he wanted specifically to go to Miami, I thought it was possible he was growing up a bit...just because there could be no doubt he's spoken to Keyshawn Johnson about what Parcells is willing to accept on his teams, and if Chad still wants Miami then I guess he must be willing to change.

So much for that.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7773376/Johnson-still-making-news-for-wrong-reasons

"Thugs and hoodlums"

Remember that line. Parcells won't touch Chad Johnson. If he does, he's a hypocrite.

Having met Chad Johnson a few times and seeing all the media attention he gets (when I worked Bengals TC) I could understand why Chad would do such a thing, it's unbelieveable how much he has to deal with kind of stuff. I don't really see how one brush with a media member makes him a thug or hoodlum. Sure he's a loquacious guy, but so was Lawrence Taylor in his day; LT was definitely more of a thug or hoodlum than Chad Johnson is or ever will be. I don't know how you can justify Johnson as being a thug or hoodlum at all after just one brush with a reporter. It's not like he went Kenny Rogers on him.

Theres no doubt Chad's good. but his want for the ball and last year he semed to be on huge up and down streaks. And thats with a probowl caliber QB

Having met Chad Johnson a few times and seeing all the media attention he gets (when I worked Bengals TC) I could understand why Chad would do such a thing, it's unbelieveable how much he has to deal with kind of stuff. I don't really see how one brush with a media member makes him a thug or hoodlum. Sure he's a loquacious guy, but so was Lawrence Taylor in his day; LT was definitely more of a thug or hoodlum than Chad Johnson is or ever will be. I don't know how you can justify Johnson as being a thug or hoodlum at all after just one brush with a reporter. It's not like he went Kenny Rogers on him.

Tell me the last time you heard of Jason Taylor pushing reporters around because he was hounded during a 1 win season? Being hounded comes with the big payday, you get the glory when you win and you get the blame when you loose. Marino made a career of it and did it with class. I'm tired of everyone making excuses for these high payed premadonnas to ack however they want to without accountability. He's not the type of character who will be all Suzy Sunshine on a rebuilding team, WAKE UP AND REALIZE THIS YOU GUYS!!!!!:shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom