Merged: "Thugs and Hoodlums" -Bill Parcells | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: "Thugs and Hoodlums" -Bill Parcells

Bottom line... we don't need the Chad Johnson's of the NFL... buying all this hype about the prima donna WR position is whooee.... we need productive players that DO THEIR JOB....

Look at the WR's NE had the last time they won a SB.... Look at the WR's NE had the last time they lost a SB...

TO sat home... CJ sat home.... SS sat home.... Housh sat home... it's a long list....

Production, value and players that understand their role on the team... bottom line...

Chad Johnson is NOT what we need on a rebuilding team. He is a selfish big mouthed showboat. We need character guys who let their play do the talking for them

Remember this?

There's been a lot of speculation about Chad Johnson on the Dolphins, although most of it died when he went on to make media overtures toward pretty much every other team in the NFL after his infamous "Parcels, call me" remark.

I admit, when it looked like he wanted specifically to go to Miami, I thought it was possible he was growing up a bit...just because there could be no doubt he's spoken to Keyshawn Johnson about what Parcells is willing to accept on his teams, and if Chad still wants Miami then I guess he must be willing to change.

So much for that.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7773376/Johnson-still-making-news-for-wrong-reasons

"Thugs and hoodlums"

Remember that line. Parcells won't touch Chad Johnson. If he does, he's a hypocrite.

I don't think Chad will be a Dolphin, but I also don't think he's a hoodlum. Chad is outspoken and a little over the top, yes. Chad also wants to win and he wants wants to be wanted, as do most of us. We don't know all the facts on the situation in Cincy, so it's a tough to take sides. I can't take one side or the other if I don't know everything that's going on. I do know Chad is a player and he will give you everything he has when he's on the field an important fact when deciding to take the chance.

With that said, Chad is very much like TO. Not an off the field trouble maker, ie. Bars, Drugs, Guns, Violence, IMO the definition of "hoodlum", but a mouthy attention whore. After the situation in Dallas with TO, I don't see Bill looking Chad's way this year if ever.

We don't need any "Willie Beamons" on this team. The Bengals ought to call a reverse to Johnson and have their entire O-line lay down to teach him what a team sport is or maybe hang him out to dry on some crossing routes over the middle.This guy is way to interested in himself.

I guess I am from the "old school" when it comes to the NFL. I want guys who come to work, kick butt and keep their mouths shut when doing so.

Sure it would be nice to get a player of Johnson's talent but not at the expense of what he brings with him. He is not the type of player that a young rebuilding team needs in it's locker room.

I've never liked hearing those words "thugs and hoodlums" because to me it was always an unfair characterization of a black athlete who portrays himself in a certain way.

Did Parcells use those with that kind of connotation? I don't think so, but I think most people who use them don't realize the nature of the words. Before I would ever call Chad Johnson a "thug" or a "hoodlum," I would simply say he is a malcontent. Of course, he's on the Bengals, so it wouldn't surprise me if it is contagious.

Ah, feels good to be back at FH.

That's a HUGE leap from "not answering questions" to being a "thug or hoodlum." you may want to rethink what a thug or hoodlum actually is by today's NFL standards....

That's a HUGE leap from "not answering questions" to being a "thug or hoodlum." you may want to rethink what a thug or hoodlum actually is by today's NFL standards....

You may want to rethink your quote,
Lipman tried speaking with him again, only to get shoved. The much-bigger Johnson then stared down Lipman before stepping onto a jitney headed toward the players' hotel. :unsure:

Well after that I say we don't need him, he still has a long way to go before he is mature enough to be a Dolphin. Parcels won't tolerate this crap, while TO and Keyshawn were both loud mouths, neither of them ever, ever, physically assaulted / intimidated reporters and or NFL Staff.

I will even go as far to say that Johnson is more ****y then Moss.

You may want to rethink your quote,
Lipman tried speaking with him again, only to get shoved. The much-bigger Johnson then stared down Lipman before stepping onto a jitney headed toward the players' hotel. :unsure:

Yep, that puts him right up there with Rae Carruth.

:rolleyes2:

I've never liked hearing those words "thugs and hoodlums" because to me it was always an unfair characterization of a black athlete who portrays himself in a certain way.

I dunno dude....the mental image in my head when I hear those words is of the dumb guys that serve as muscle in mobster films about the 30's. Parcells wants guys that stay out of trouble off the field, which in comparison to some of the other bigtime WR's, Chad has done an OK job of. We have to keep the source of the story in mind (PFT), as well as a possibly a lack of context. Personally, he's not a guy I'd trade a lot for, but I don't think this necessarily precludes a trade happening.

Back
Top Bottom