MERGED: Tom Brady Suspension Overruled thread | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Tom Brady Suspension Overruled thread

Of course its lifted. The whole suspension thing was never gonna stick and they knew it from the start. The NFL wanted to scare future cheaters without damaging its reputation as being a fair league. Which IMO it isn't.

The other thread has been going for hours. Why cant OP's look before posting?

I haven't seen much analysis on this yet. But as a fundamental point, I do not believe the Judge is ruling that Brady did not cheat or even on the evidence of proof of cheating. I believe the ruling is that Goodell improperly punished Brady so he threw out the entire punishmment. Basically, I think the Judge is attacking the NFL's procedures, that Brady did not have notice of what the punishment could be, that the NFL is swerving all over the road with its punishments (e.g., Favre was fined for not cooperating), and that during the arbitration process, evidence and witnesses like Jeff Pash (an NFL lawyer who reviewed the Wells Report) were not made available to Brady's lawyers.

Now, whether the NFL can be successful in an appeal, I don't know. The NFLPA collectively bargained this power to the commissioner but the District Court is saying that the commissioner was too arbitrary.

My brief understanding is that whether Brady cheated is not decided.

I agree but think he botched it on purpose.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Can't see that because this calls the commissioners authority in question in all sports. Greg Hardy is preparing his appeal as we speak and will win based on this ruling.

So the NFL isn't taking this to the states supreme court?

I thought the Pats had already agreed to a one game suspension going in :idk:

Really hope this gets over turned.

The NFL is a multi-billion dollar enterprise run by greedy glutinous billionaire megalomaniacs.

I mean -- what's not to love about that?

Can't see that because this calls the commissioners authority in question in all sports. Greg Hardy is preparing his appeal as we speak and will win based on this ruling.
The commissioner's authority was being called into question either way. This just gives them a basis to resolve the issue. Goodell might end up becoming the fall guy but he will leave with millions. He just did his buddy Kraft proper on his way out. I still think that at the end if this season, Brady will play every game and Goodell will still be in his position and nothing of any consequence will happen to anyone. It was all a ruse and theatrics.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

The big story line to me in New England is not the Deflategate crap, but who the heck are they going to have at Cornerback? I mean seriously, they have quite possibly the worst secondary in the league.... Tanny and company should be licking their chops this year.

Back
Top Bottom