((Merged))Tony Sparano has been fired. | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

((Merged))Tony Sparano has been fired.

Tony got kicked and it was expected. Never had anything against him personally, but it was obvious that this team needed something new from the coaching staff. I wish him good luck, where ever he goes!

Just want to add my two cents to this discussion. Sparano was not the greatest x and o's coach....but he was great with the players, the last half of the season proves this. Still this is a league that only cares about wins and losses and there are no moral victories here if you are running a million dollar franchise. When you lose too many games it is the responsibility of the owner to make a change. It is very short sighted though that Sparano gets canned and not Ireland. This does not bode well in my opinion as far as the Owner and his understanding of how things work. Sparano deserves much of the blame for the players not being ready to play the first half of the season, and for a few question gametime maneuvers, and a lack of a hurry-up offense. Ireland deserves all of the blame for the personnel that where on the field....I'm looking at you Columbo. Ireland deserves the blame for the lack of depth at very key positions as was magnified last game when Long went out. Ireland deserves the blame for not bringing us a franchise QB, or even a possible one, in four years. While I understand that when your team loses alot you have to fire people, you have to make a statement as an organization that you intend to win and anything less is unacceptable. But firing only the coach and retaining Ireland seems like nothing more than a half-measure to appease the dim-witted fans who think that the coach is to blame for everything (A condition that sadly pervades these boards). One more point that I'd like to make only to show the importance of personnel over coaching.......This so called ****** ex-coach was 11-5 and led us to the playoffs with a victory in New York with a QB. Instead of addressing our need to replace Pennington, our GM spent years re-tooling an Oline and other blunderous moves. Who here really thinks that Bellicheck would have any success in this league without Brady? Srsly? I have seen many bone-headed moves by this guy over the years....Brady just covers them up nicely. This year the Pats have no defense at all. lol...Brady is there Defense. Its all about the players. The NBA knows this....why doesn't Ross?

"He wasn't a good Xs and Os coach. He wasn't a good game manager. He wasn't good at managing the clock. But boy, the players sure played hard for him!"

A fitting epitaph for a lousy coach.

Honestly I shouldn't be shocked but yeah.. I really thought Ross was dumb enough to keep Sparano for one year. Kept saying Sparano will be back.. I guess I need to start giving more credit to Ross.

Is there any chance Ross was beginning to hear the city of Miami talk about keeping Sparano? lol

"oh hell no, i'm firing him now before this gets worse"

just having fun speculating.

well you still can do that, its just that your hiring process is delayed. Now when a team LOSES OUT on hiring someone because they have to fulfill this rule, that is when you could see some litigation on it. That could happen this year because it looks like there could be 5 or more teams looking for HC's.

Stay tuned that could be a HUGE controversy.

I agree, but to me, as say a minority coach being interviewed as only a token gesture & not on my ability to perform is degrading.

I agree, but to me, as say a minority coach being interviewed as only a token gesture & not on my ability to perform is degrading.
Kind of funny that you write this unintelligible sentence immediately after knocking a guy for his grammar. Well done.

Kind of funny that you write this unintelligible sentence immediately after knocking a guy for his grammar. Well done.

unintelligible??? obviously you lack reading comprehension skills.

unintelligible??? obviously you lack reading comprehension skills.
So, that's proper grammar to you? Alrighty, but "as say a" in that context doesn't make any sense to anybody else. Also, you failed to capitalize the beginning of your sentences.

Point is, you might want to brush up on your grammar before knocking someone else for theirs.

Back
Top Bottom